Author Topic: Was Paxman correct, McCanns "collaborated with them when it was convenient"?  (Read 21539 times)

Offline G-Unit

It might have backfired in the end but this is what I heard Gerry say: "We have very clear objectives of what we wanted, and any parents would take the opportunity of trying to get information into the investigation that might help find their daughter. And that's what our clear objectives were".

I wonder why Gerry assumes that 'any parents' would have taken the opportunity to collaborate with the media in order to 'get information into the investigation'? Other parents may have chosen to guard their privacy and to leave the information gathering to those who were employed to gather it.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Erngath

I wonder why Gerry assumes that 'any parents' would have taken the opportunity to collaborate with the media in order to 'get information into the investigation'? Other parents may have chosen to guard their privacy and to leave the information gathering to those who were employed to gather it.

Perhaps he assumed correctly that most parents would see their loss of privacy as a price well worth paying to further the chance of finding their missing child.
I certainly would.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 08:50:38 AM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Mr Gray

He assumes it because that's, what he believes... Imo

Offline barrier

11 yrs on it can be successfully agured imo that it never advanced  the case to any conclusion.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

I suspect strongly that had the McCanns chosen the option to “guard their privacy” that this would have been interpreted as “they’ve got something to hide”.  Truly, whatever course of action they chose to take would have been the wrong one as far as some are concerned.  We have even in the last few weeks members of the forum lamenting the lack of a public interview this anniversary, bemoaning the fact that Jane Tanner doesn’t give interviews about crecheman etc etc etc.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

11 yrs on it can be successfully agured imo that it never advanced  the case to any conclusion.
I think it can be successfully argued that without the McCanns determination to keep this case high profile for the last 10years, we would all have lost interest in the story years ago.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

I suspect strongly that had the McCanns chosen the option to “guard their privacy” that this would have been interpreted as “they’ve got something to hide”.  Truly, whatever course of action they chose to take would have been the wrong one as far as some are concerned.  We have even in the last few weeks members of the forum lamenting the lack of a public interview this anniversary, bemoaning the fact that Jane Tanner doesn’t give interviews about crecheman etc etc etc.

Yes there has been criticism  of them not giving an 11 year statement and others saying why don't they shut up and stop promoting themselves

Offline jassi

I think it can be successfully argued that without the McCanns determination to keep this case high profile for the last 10years, we would all have lost interest in the story years ago.

It would seem to have made little difference. Still no sight or sign of Madeleine and no apparent culprit in the dock or anywhere near it.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

It would seem to have made little difference. Still no sight or sign of Madeleine and no apparent culprit in the dock or anywhere near it.
Of course, the silly idiots should have known well in advance that their attempts at keeping their daughter’s disappearance high profile would never pay off.  You’d be the same wouldn’t you?  Your child goes missing and, “oh well, never mind, no point busting a gut highlighting the fact by giving interviews and shit for 10years, may as well shut up, hope she surfaces one day and meanwhile get on with life”.

Offline Brietta

It is highly unorthodox, in my opinion, for those "who were employed to gather" information on a missing child to immediately start spinning against all the key witnesses.

Perhaps the genesis of many of the problems associated with Madeleine's case stem from the combative rather than supportive role the police apparently adopted right "from the word go".

JOSE MANUEL OLIVEIRA
Crime reporter, 'Diario de Noticias'

Information started circulating from sources connected to the Portuguese police that the story was full of holes from the side of the McCanns and their friends.

Indeed within two days of Madeleine disappearing, this crime correspondent was filing this piece in the Portuguese Daily: Diario of the Noticias: "Headline: a badly told story."

We started to receive information according to which the police suspected the theory they had apprehensions, didn't believe the theory that she had been kidnapped.

To conclude, the police started to suspect the parents from the word go.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/7106086.stm
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

Perhaps he assumed correctly that most parents would see their loss of privacy as a price well worth paying to further the chance of finding their missing child.
I certainly would.

Was loss of privacy a problem? I thought it was 'irresponsible reporting'. Like you. I can only speak for myself, and I would have avoided the media as much as I could and put my trust in the investigating authorities.

As this commentator says;

If invasion of privacy is problematic for the McCanns then they might be said to have invaded their own privacy aided by their spin doctor.

Mitchell and, by one remove, the McCanns have sometimes, some may say often, over-stepped the mark Producing sketches of ‘suspects’ is not properly their legal role.
http://www.communicationethics.net/journal/v5n1-2/v5n1-2_feat1.pdf
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

Was loss of privacy a problem? I thought it was 'irresponsible reporting'. Like you. I can only speak for myself, and I would have avoided the media as much as I could and put my trust in the investigating authorities.

If invasion of privacy is problematic for the McCanns then they might be said to have invaded their own privacy aided by their spin doctor.

Mitchell and, by one remove, the McCanns have sometimes, some may say often, over-stepped the mark Producing sketches of ‘suspects’ is not properly their legal role.

Putting trust in the investigating team in place would be a big mistake imo

Offline jassi

It is highly unorthodox, in my opinion, for those "who were employed to gather" information on a missing child to immediately start spinning against all the key witnesses.

Perhaps the genesis of many of the problems associated with Madeleine's case stem from the combative rather than supportive role the police apparently adopted right "from the word go".

JOSE MANUEL OLIVEIRA

Information started circulating from sources connected to the Portuguese police that the story was full of holes from the side of the McCanns and their friends.

Indeed within two days of Madeleine disappearing, this crime correspondent was filing this piece in the Portuguese Daily: Diario of the Noticias: "Headline: a badly told story."

We started to receive information according to which the police suspected the theory they had apprehensions, didn't believe the theory that she had been kidnapped.

Quite rightly IMO
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

Do you put your, trust in the present investigation  by SY

Offline G-Unit

JOSE MANUEL OLIVEIRA

No-one knows if those stories would have appeared if 'Team McCann' hadn't criticised the Portuguese authorities from the very beginning.

Sometime between 0.30 and 1 am, Aurelio Guerreiro, the owner of a bar at the marina in Vilamoura got a phonecall from an old customer: Pat Perkins, the human resources director from a public English organism. She calls him, upset: "She told me the daughter of British friends of her, who were vacationing close to Lagos, had disappeared over 3 hours ago, that they were completely alone and that nobody was helping them to search for her". Pat confirms she was at Kate's parents house at the time (sol 18/8)
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id121.htm
Result = happy posting.