Author Topic: Posts are being tagged  (Read 1589 times)

Offline Mr Moderator

Posts are being tagged
« on: June 23, 2014, 01:07:15 PM »
Members might have noticed recently that posts are showing as having been edited but aren't. This is because the icon tag associated with that post has been changed.  As threads are edited the mod will change the tag allowing him or her to return to that particular point at a later date without having to spend time searching the entire thread.  When the tag is changed an edit is shown even though no text has been altered. 

For example, the icon tag at the top of this post is a smiley and because it was altered, an edit is recorded at the bottom of this post.

MM
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 01:14:40 PM by Mr Moderator »

Offline Mr Moderator

Re: Posts are being tagged
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 01:13:02 PM »
This post however shows the default icon.

Offline John

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 01:47:44 PM »
Members might have noticed recently that posts are showing as having been edited but aren't. This is because the icon tag associated with that post has been changed.  As threads are edited the mod will change the tag allowing him or her to return to that particular point at a later date without having to spend time searching the entire thread.  When the tag is changed an edit is shown even though no text has been altered. 

For example, the icon tag at the top of this post is a smiley and because it was altered, an edit is recorded at the bottom of this post.

MM

I think it is worth repeating this for those who previously missed it.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 07:22:14 PM »

One of my posts showed as Edited when in fact it hadn't been.

I have noted that in the event of a post being edited the notification facility ceases to work, so one thinks that there have been no replies when often there have been.  It's worth having a look now and again to see.

Hope this helps.

Offline John

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 01:29:37 PM »
One of my posts showed as Edited when in fact it hadn't been.

I have noted that in the event of a post being edited the notification facility ceases to work, so one thinks that there have been no replies when often there have been.  It's worth having a look now and again to see.

Hope this helps.

That was probably a blip Eleanor.  I don't personally use the notify feature but I will check the settings.

ETA. Changing the icon/tag doesn't appear to alter the notify feature so if this happens again let me know and I will have our webmaster check it out.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 01:31:51 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.