Author Topic: New Theory accounting for the death of Jonbenet.  (Read 68568 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: New Theory accounting for the death of Jonbenet.
« Reply #150 on: November 04, 2019, 08:59:35 PM »
This post on Websleuths sure asks the type of questions I'd like too ask as well.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/a-closer-look-at-john-fernie.13784/

"PMPT pb, pg 44:

"At 6:00 A.M. the telephone awakened Cliff Gaston. It was Patsy Ramsey. Priscilla took the call, and within minutes the White's were dressed and on their way to the Ramsey's house. When they arrived, the police and John Fernie were already there."

By car the Whites live 2 minutes away from the Ramseys.

By car the Fernies live 23 minutes away from the Ramseys.

Patsy had called 911 at 5:52 A.M. She then immediately called the Fernies and the Whites in that order.

John Fernie, a developer, lives at the Shanahan Ridge development on Table Mesa, below the foothills. How did John Fernie, after taking the call from Patsy, manage to get dressed, drive to the Ramsey house, and get there before Fleet White?

Was John Fernie already on the road when Patsy called him? Had he taken the call by cell phone? And if so, WHY was he on the road so early in the morning on the day after Christmas. Had he already been to the Ramsey house earlier that morning -- perhaps to retrieve Little Luke from the disaster unfolding at the Ramseys house and take him home, and was on his way back to the Ramsey's when the call from Patsy came in notifying him she had called the cops and it was okay for him to return? Or was he already on the road for some other reason?

(Those missing cell phone records for the month of December would have likely told one helluva interesting story.)"

The trouble as I see it no matter how many questions are asked and no matter how much doubt is cast on John Fernie's  testimony we still can't say categorically he is wrong.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 08:37:29 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #151 on: November 04, 2019, 10:16:33 PM »
https://m.facebook.com/jonbenetinvestigation/posts/1218923111483484/    worth looking at.  I can't copy and paste from that site.

This officer reports that John Fernie goes to the basement with Fleet and John.

He (Jim Byfield) wasn't there so all of this is from reports from another source.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 08:41:37 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #152 on: November 04, 2019, 10:45:40 PM »
From https://shakedowntitle.com/2018/07/11/jonbenet-ramsey-key-individuals/

Mike Archuleta, John Ramsey’s pilot and friend
Pam Archuleta, [refers to herself as “Pam Barday” in Dateline documentary] Mike’s ex-wife and friend of Patsy"

Who was it that took the 911 call that morning?

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/jonbenet-ramsey-911-operator-detective-finally-speak-out-w438955/
"The NBC special also featured the exclusive first TV appearance by Kimberly Archuleta, the original 911 operator from the morning of December 26, 1996. In an emotional interview, Archuleta admitted, “That has been the hardest call I ever took.” She continued, “I think that’s because there was something inside me that said, ‘Something’s not right.'” She continued to reveal that, even though Patsy attempted to end the call, the line was still going and she could hear “another voice.” The former 911 operator continued, “The third voice was a male voice. … I knew there was a third distinct voice.”
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #153 on: November 05, 2019, 12:12:42 AM »
Did John Fernie  get the ransom money?

was it real money of fake money?

If it was real money did it come from John Ramsey's account or from elsewhere?

I've just read some strange stories where the police wouldn't let John Fernie bring real money into the house.

Here is a commonly held view:  "The ransom note suggested that the ransom collection would be monitored and JonBenét would be returned as soon as the money was obtained. John Ramsey made arrangements for the availability of the ransom, which a friend, John Fernie, picked up that morning from a local bank."

John Ramsey would have been in quite a dilema if he took the demand seriously.  Somehow he had to arrange the money and be available for a phone call all at the same time.

This is what the ransom note said about the money.  "You will withdraw $118,000.00 from your account. $100,000 will be in $100 bills and the remaining $18,000 in $20 bills. Make sure that you bring an adequate size attache to the bank. When you get home you will put the money in a brown paper bag. I will call you between 8 and 10 am tomorrow to instruct you on delivery. The delivery will be exhausting so I advise you to be rested. If we monitor you getting the money early, we might call you early to arrange an earlier delivery of the money and hence a [sic] earlier delivery pick-up of your daughter." 

So he needed to go to the bank himself and withdraw the money, and come back and get instructions.  What time do banks open in the US?

From http://jonbenetramsey.pbworks.com/w/page/11682449/Analysis%20of%20undrtheradar

"The following are direct quotes from the book "Death of Innocence"...

John is describing what he did to arrange getting the ransom note shortly after reading the ransom note;

"I call my banker friend Rod Westmoreland in Atlanta two arrange the ransom money and discover that he has left for his parents home in Tupelo, Mississippi. I get through to his assistant at Atlanta's Merrill Lynch office. I'm thankful that today is a work day. I quickly explain what has happened, and she says she'll get in touch with Rod right away"." The phone rings. Everyone freezes as I slowly pick up the receiver"."Hello, I answer tentatively. John, this is Rod. We've arranged for u to have a credit line of $118,000 dollars on your Visa card. You can go to a local bank and get the money as a cash advance". "John Fernie has been in contact with the president of a local bank, a personal friend of his, and is working to get the ransom money ready. John (Fernie not Ramsey) goes to the bank with my credit card to get the cash"."
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 02:09:09 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #154 on: November 05, 2019, 12:46:01 AM »
https://crimewatchers.net/forum/index.php?threads/jon-benet-ramsey-whats-your-theory-on-what-happened-to-her.2965/page-22
"Interesting stuff, re the footprints in the frost/snow:

From Lawrence Schiller's book "Perfect Murder, Perfect Town:

"John Fernie was angry when he read Charlie Brennan's story about footprints. Like many media stories, this one came from an unnamed source and made the Ramseys look guilty. Fernie wondered if the source had provided the reporter with all the facts. He knew that his own footprints were there in the snow that morning. He had driven up the back alley to the Ramseys' house just after 6:00 A.M. in response to Patsys' frantic call that terrible morning. He remembered walking along the brick sidewalk to the patio door, looking through the glass panel, and reading a line or two of the ransom note, which was lying on the floor just inside the door. Then he ran through the snow-covered grass, around the south side of the house, to the front door. If the cops had been looking, they would have found his footprints. A year and half after JonBenet's death, Fernie told a reporter that the police still had not checked the shoes he wore that day, though a shoe imprint had been discovered next to JonBenet's body."

Fernie admits walking across the snow covered grass yet the saying was there were no footprints in the snow.

But someone else points out "He said he read the note while it was spread on the floor. I believe the police were there by then, as it was they who spread the note out and then returned it to the stairs ( where it was photographed). I can't remember what time the police said they looked for footprints, but it's worth checking up - Fernie says he arrived just after 6am."

Well that could be true if he came after the police had checked for footprints in the snow first thing.

But to make matters worse this is what the policew are said to have reported "What Police Reported
Sergeant Paul Reichenbach had arrived at 6:45 AM and searched the outside of the house. He reported no footprints were found in the crusty/frosty snow which covered "much of the grass"
http://jonbenetramsey.pbworks.com/w/page/11682515/The House#SnowontheGround" (Link works)

Did the money ever leave the bank"  I don't have much faith in this author but it is reported In http://www.bardachreports.com/articles/v_19971000.html: "Investigators question why Ramsey seemed to stall over getting the ransom money if he truly believed that the note had been written by dangerous kidnappers. "The money never left the bank," says one insider dryly"

« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 02:21:39 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #155 on: November 05, 2019, 08:32:08 PM »
https://htir.com/articles/business-hours.php
"* Banks usually are open Monday through Friday, but banking hours fluctuate depending on how large the bank. Some banks open to the public later than 8 a.m. or close earlier than 5 p.m. Larger banks might offer Saturday hours. If you need to visit the bank in person, check its hours online first." So is it possible for the bank to open at 8:00 AM.
So Fleet White and John Fernie muck around getting the kids including Burke around to someone who will look after them that day. I suppose that could take more than an hour so it woulds be after 8:00 AM so they went to the banks after that.
But did they pick up the money?
Why would Linda Arndt be wanting John Ramsey to tell the kidnappers that the money would not be ready to be picked up till 5:00 PM. The banks would be closed by then. Something about this story doesn't make sense.
The other thing Linda Arndt wanted JR do was to ask for was proof of life.

That request of "proof of life" would have elicited a nervous response if JR knew that JBR was already deceased surely!

So at that stage one would surmise that JR didn't know JBR was deceased at that time of getting those instructions from Linda Arndt.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 08:37:09 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #156 on: November 05, 2019, 09:05:46 PM »
So far I don't believe John Fernie on the following accounts:

1. I don't believe Patsy Ramsey rang John Fernie on the landline. (I accept Patsy spoke to his wife)

2. I don't believe he got there at around 6:00 AM for the travel time was too short.  (I accept that he arrived after Fleet White and two LE officers)

3. I don't believe he read the ransom note through the patio door. (physically impossible IMO)

4. I don't believe he was let in via the front door at 6:00 AM.  (I do accept he was let in later.)

5.  I don't believe he found the butler pantry door open around 6:00 AM and later closed it.

6. I don't believe he took the ransom money out of his account.  (Did he really do that?)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 08:00:58 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #157 on: November 06, 2019, 12:39:45 AM »
Lou Smit did a walk through of the house, so we might be able to see if the patio had patterned glass or plain glass in it.
Links to the floor plans http://www.wehaveyourdaughter.net/evidence-1

It appears that the patio door is not the door I previously identified.  The patio has double plane glass doors so if the note had been on the floor of the "dining room" it might be possible to read it.  Was the ransom note ever taken from the spiral staircase all the way around to the patio doors?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 07:53:46 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #158 on: November 06, 2019, 06:53:21 AM »
Lou Smit did a walk through of the house, so we might be able to see if the patio had patterned glass or plain glass in it.
Links to the floor plans http://www.wehaveyourdaughter.net/evidence-1

It appears that the patio door is not the door I previously identified.  The patio has double plane glass doors so if the note had been on the floor of the "dining room" it might be possible to read it.  Was it ever taken from the spiral staircase all the way around to the patio doors?

It is not obvious (to me at least) how Patsy would get from the spiral staircase across to the kitchen based on the floor plans online.

(Click on image to enlarge click again to return it to normal size)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 08:22:17 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Myster

« Reply #159 on: November 06, 2019, 07:41:06 AM »
It is not obvious (to me at least) how Patsy would get from the spiral staircase across to the kitchen based on the floor plans online.
That drawing might be wrong. Try this...
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Myster

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #161 on: November 06, 2019, 07:51:58 AM »
Thanks myster.  I was looking at the videos of the "Home Tour" but I must admit I got bored with those videos  and lost concentration. It makes sense to have a door there.  I wonder why it was missed on the architectural plans.
Moderation

Offline Myster

« Reply #162 on: November 06, 2019, 07:59:52 AM »
Thanks myster.  I was looking at the videos of the "Home Tour" but I must admit I got bored with those videos  and lost concentration. It makes sense to have a door there.  I wonder why it was missed on the architectural plans.
If you enlarge your original Main Floor plan to its fullest extent you can probably pick out the Kitchen door opening into the Hall which the "architect" has drawn over in thick lines to make it appear as a solid wall.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #163 on: November 06, 2019, 07:33:08 PM »
On the home tour this shot shows that door https://youtu.be/2q8YkikAoSk?t=26.

It is a shame the camera operator didn't follow the path from the Butler Pantry up the eastern end stairs through a passageway to the basement.  It is sort of described but not taken.
https://youtu.be/2q8YkikAoSk?t=729 is the start of the look at the Butler Pantry.

"Butler pantry on the north side of the house.   Take 4 or 5 steps (eastern end of butler pantry) leading into a hallway, which leads to the door of the basement area."

That route is completely out of sight to those in the rest of the house and therefore is a possible escape route for any intruder in the basement even once the police arrive.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 01:24:56 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #164 on: November 07, 2019, 01:39:12 AM »
I'm about to read the online version of "Perfect Murder, Perfect Town."
Longer title is "PERFECT MURDER, PERFECT TOWN : THE UNCENSORED STORY OF THE JONBENET MURDER AND THE GRAND JURY'S SEARCH FOR THE FINAL TRUTH"

https://epdf.pub/perfect-murder-perfect-town-the-uncensored-story-of-the-jonbenet-murder-and-the-.html

It starts off with the Ramsey's Christmas greetings:

"Dear Friends and Family, It’s been another busy year at the Ramsey household. Can’t believe it’s almost over and time to start again! Melinda has graduated from the Medical College of Georgia and is working in Pediatrics ICU at Kennestone Hospital in Atlanta. John Andrew (2nd) is a Sophomore at the University of Colorado. Burke is a busy fourth grader where he really shines in math and spelling. He played flag football this fall and is currently on a basketball binge! His little league team was #1. He’s lost just about all of his baby teeth, so I’m sure we’ll be seeing the orthodontist in 1997! JonBenét is enjoying her first year in “real school.” Kindergarten in the Core Knowledge program is fast paced and five full days a week. She has already been moved ahead to first grade math. She continues to enjoy participating in talent and modeling pageants. She was named “America’s Royale Tiny Miss” last summer and is Colorado’s Little Miss Christmas. Her teacher says she is so outgoing that she will never have trouble delivering an oral book report! John is always on the go traveling hither and yon. Access recently celebrated its one-billion $$ mark in sales, so he’s pretty happy! He and his crew were underway in the Port Huron to Mackinac Island yacht race in July, but had to pull out midway due to lack of wind. (Can you believe that?) But, his real love is the new “old looking” boat, Grand Season, which he spent months designing. I spend most of my “free time” working in the school and doing volunteer work. The Charlevoix house was on the home tour in July and will likely appear in one of

the Better Homes and Garden publications in 1997. On a recent trip to NYC, my friend and I appeared amid the throng of fans on the TODAY show. Al Roker and Bryant actually talked to us and we were on camera for a few fleeting moments! We are all enjoying continued good health and look forward to seeing you in 1997! One final note…thank you to all my “friends” and my dear husband for surprising me with the biggest, most outrageous 40th birthday bash I’ve ever had! We’ll be spending my actual birthday on the Disney Big Red Boat over the new year! Merry Christmas and much love, The Ramseys"

Now in my new theory that Christmas message is the stimulus that generated the hatred toward John and Patsy Ramsey.
 So it the 1 billion dollar turnover for the year, money spent on boats and a luxury cruise for Patsy these are the points to me that might raise the hackles of those feeling like they are missing out.

Not 1 million but 1 billion  dollar turnover!

Was that letter sent as a typed message or a handwritten message?  Who would get this message?  Who was it sent to and who could read it thereafter.

" In the program, there was "A Christmas Message from the Ramsey Family." This message was also posted on the Ramsey family's web site."
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 01:42:59 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation