Author Topic: Mark Williams-Thomas suggests Madeleine woke, wandered and was abducted.  (Read 262491 times)

Offline ShiningInLuz

Re: Mark Williams-Thomas suggests Madeleine woke, wandered and was abducted.
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2015, 06:38:14 PM »
Williams-Thomas and O'Connor both correctly pointed out that opportunistic abduction is far more likely than planned abduction.
May I ask how you reach the conclusion "both correctly pointed out that opportunistic abduction is far more likely than planned abduction"?

I'm seeing lightweight theories with errors and holes.

Have I missed something?
What's up, old man?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2015, 06:43:11 PM »
No evidence of an open window or shutter before the last check. Madeleine would be heard if she could make a sound. These were deserted streets where you can easily be heard.  Running to the next room and screaming for help she would be heard. Fenn was in so there's only one credible conclusion - she could not be heard so she wasn't.
As a small child were you any good at the game hide-and-seek Pathfinder?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2015, 06:49:56 PM »
May I ask how you reach the conclusion "both correctly pointed out that opportunistic abduction is far more likely than planned abduction"?

I'm seeing lightweight theories with errors and holes.

Have I missed something?
Both of them believe that opportunistic abduction is much more likely than planned abduction. Williams-Thomas gives as an example the Whiting case. O'Connor gives as an example the Huntley case. Both those cases were completely opportunistic abduction.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 06:53:56 PM by pegasus »

Offline jassi

« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2015, 06:52:59 PM »
Both of them believe that opportunistic abduction is much more likely than planned abduction. William's-Thomas gives as an example the Whiting case. O'Connor gives as an example the Huntley case. Both those cases were completely opportunistic abduction.

Yes, but why should they be considered correct? Is that just your opinion?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2015, 06:54:37 PM »
If she had left of her own accord, is it likely that she would have closed the patio door behind her?

If she had had the presence of mind to do so, I think she would have had the presence of mind to slip on her shoes.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

ferryman

« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2015, 06:56:21 PM »
Both of them believe that opportunistic abduction is much more likely than planned abduction. Williams-Thomas gives as an example the Whiting case. O'Connor gives as an example the Huntley case. Both those cases were completely opportunistic abduction.

The Huntley case wasn't so much an abduction.  The girls entered Huntley's house voluntarily and he murdered them.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2015, 07:01:05 PM »

As you have previously pointed out neither man addressed the situation regarding the open window and raised shutter.  An interesting omission.

Opportunistic abduction when a child is dragged from the street happens far more often than a child being abducted from bed for obvious reasons. In both, the actual abduction is very rarely witnessed.

However I would suggest that it is improbable an opportunist would be prowling the streets at that time of night on the off chance of finding a child wandering on its own.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2015, 07:01:41 PM »
Yes, but why should they be considered correct? Is that just your opinion?
They are experts basing their PDL theories on real solved cases. Do you not agree that opportunist abduction is far more frequent than planned abduction? Another example is the Dell Valle case.

Offline jassi

« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2015, 07:04:36 PM »
They are experts basing their PDL theories on real solved cases. Do you not agree that opportunist abduction is far more frequent than planned abduction? Another example is the Dell Valle case.

I have no idea, but it doesn't make their 'expert opinion' correct just because they say it is so. It is merely yet another possibility.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2015, 07:08:37 PM »

Smart people follow evidence not theories.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2015, 07:09:53 PM »
I have no idea, but it doesn't make their 'expert opinion' correct just because they say it is so. It is merely yet another possibility.
Do you think a non-expert's opinion on a subject they know little about is equally as valid as the subject expert's?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2015, 07:14:27 PM »
(snip)... would have had the presence of mind to slip on her shoes.
Thanks Brietta, the shoes are a third gaping hole in both the Williams-Thomas and O'Connor theories.
1. No explanation of open window and shutter.
2. No pressing reason for child to leave apartment.
3. No explanation of why child did not put shoes on.
Three gaping holes which mean that both theories are, in the form they are presented, a load of rubbish.

Offline jassi

« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2015, 07:14:38 PM »
Do you think a non-expert's opinion on a subject they know little about is equally as valid as the subject expert's?

That might depend on whether an expert really is an expert or just a bullshitter.  Experts are not infallible - they just think they are.

Or maybe not -

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2015, 07:15:09 PM »

So what does hat say for Grime's expert opinon

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2015, 07:15:45 PM »

One incontrovertible fact, to whit a child vanished into thin air, has spawned more theories and opinions than Job had boils; they cannot all be right  &%+((£
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey