Author Topic: Mark Williams-Thomas suggests Madeleine woke, wandered and was abducted.  (Read 262491 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Mark Williams-Thomas suggests Madeleine woke, wandered and was abducted.
« Reply #930 on: January 28, 2016, 08:39:04 PM »
I have countless times.

And I've reported you for goading.

I may report you again.

Report all you like because I've done nothing wrong and I don't report members.

You never back up your wild claims. Why were the tracking dogs given a blanket if they can't follow individual scent?
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

ferryman

« Reply #931 on: January 28, 2016, 08:41:32 PM »
Report all you like because I've done nothing wrong and I don't report members.

You never back up your wild claims. Why were the tracking dogs given a blanket if they can't follow individual scent?

Because their handlers had a stark choice between that or giving up.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #932 on: January 28, 2016, 09:04:21 PM »
Because their handlers had a stark choice between that or giving up.

Wrong again. Those tracking dogs were brought in to track the missing girl's scent.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #933 on: January 28, 2016, 09:08:06 PM »
Thanks G. I can't believe posters don't know what tracking dogs do.

"The members of the GNR advised that the tracker dogs are trained to search mainly in rural areas, given the fact that the best capability of the animal is to identify a different and strong smell in a wide, open area."

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/INFORMATION-SERVICE.htm

It's like pulling teeth. First they weren't tracker dogs. Then they might be but weren't trained for the work (of tracking?). Then they were search and rescue (wrongly translated).

Remember, according to the handlers they never got a blanket or any clothes, just a bath towel which may or may not have been used by Madeleine alone.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

ferryman

« Reply #934 on: January 28, 2016, 09:12:56 PM »
It's like pulling teeth. First they weren't tracker dogs. Then they might be but weren't trained for the work (of tracking?). Then they were search and rescue (wrongly translated).

Remember, according to the handlers they never got a blanket or any clothes, just a bath towel which may or may not have been used by Madeleine alone.

It is certain that this kind of work does not correspond to the area that these dogs [Rex and Zarus] were trained in, ...

Offline Carana

« Reply #935 on: January 28, 2016, 09:23:54 PM »
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing;

equipa de pistagem
Translate from Portuguese
Team Tracking

busco e salvamento
Translate from Portuguese
seek and rescue

I'm aware of the difference between the two. However, there isn't enough information to know what specific training the "pistagem" ones had to distinguish between the various subcategories.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #936 on: January 28, 2016, 09:25:53 PM »
It is certain that this kind of work does not correspond to the area that these dogs [Rex and Zarus] were trained in, ...

That is explained in the files but you claim tracking dogs can't follow individual human scent which is incorrect.

"The members of the GNR advised that the tracker dogs are trained to search mainly in rural areas, given the fact that the best capability of the animal is to identify a different and strong smell in a wide, open area."

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #937 on: January 28, 2016, 09:32:59 PM »
I'm aware of the difference between the two. However, there isn't enough information to know what specific training the "pistagem" ones had to distinguish between the various subcategories.

It is there in the files. You don't need to know anything except that the two dogs were tracker dogs which, surprise surprise, track! Tracking means they track a specific scent. Search and rescue dogs look for any person.
Result = happy posting.

ferryman

« Reply #938 on: January 28, 2016, 09:48:55 PM »

I would argue that (in the files!) there is.

Mark Harrison's reference is the clincher.

The Portuguese handlers had aerial-scenting dogs (of the type that track the generic human scent) ...

Offline Carana

« Reply #939 on: January 28, 2016, 09:58:45 PM »

The Portuguese handlers had aerial-scenting dogs (of the type that track the generic human scent) ...

Yes, I agree with you.

Harrison:
The search was split into 3 zones radiating out from Praia Da Luz in a northward direction. The first zone extended 3km to the EN125 road at Espiche. W?hin this zone, sectors were drawn using the natural boundaries that exist and included the entire village. Officers were briefed and debriefed before and after deployments and records of activity collected. Each sector was repeatedly searched on 3 separate occasions over the 7 days using officers conducting line searches and supported by air scenting dogs.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #940 on: January 28, 2016, 10:01:14 PM »

Harrison is not referring to the two tracking dogs so your claim is irrelevant.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 12:31:45 AM by pathfinder73 »

ferryman

« Reply #941 on: January 28, 2016, 10:05:29 PM »
That is explained in the files but you claim tracking dogs can't follow individual human scent which is incorrect.

You don't understand the difference between 'claims' and irrefutable facts.

Too bad.

Offline Carana

« Reply #942 on: January 28, 2016, 10:08:17 PM »
It is there in the files. You don't need to know anything except that the two dogs were tracker dogs which, surprise surprise, track! Tracking means they track a specific scent. Search and rescue dogs look for any person.

There are different ways of "tracking" a scent, apparently.

I'll bow out and leave you all to discuss what the subtleties may be.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #943 on: January 28, 2016, 10:43:17 PM »
Yes, I agree with you.

Harrison:
The search was split into 3 zones radiating out from Praia Da Luz in a northward direction. The first zone extended 3km to the EN125 road at Espiche. W?hin this zone, sectors were drawn using the natural boundaries that exist and included the entire village. Officers were briefed and debriefed before and after deployments and records of activity collected. Each sector was repeatedly searched on 3 separate occasions over the 7 days using officers conducting line searches and supported by air scenting dogs.

The search and rescue dogs who searched the open areas and the beach. Not tracker dogs who were used to track whoever used the bath towel.
Result = happy posting.

ferryman

« Reply #944 on: January 28, 2016, 10:46:51 PM »
The search and rescue dogs who searched the open areas and the beach. Not tracker dogs who were used to track whoever used the bath towel.

If (hypothetically) the Portuguese had dogs trained to track the (individual and unique!) scent why would they have wasted time and resources deploying dogs without that ability or training?