Author Topic: Mark Williams-Thomas suggests Madeleine woke, wandered and was abducted.  (Read 262480 times)

stephen25000

Re: Mark Williams-Thomas suggests Madeleine woke, wandered and was abducted.
« Reply #1275 on: February 24, 2017, 10:19:01 AM »
A listening check was made at the McCann children's window just after nine (Matthew Oldfield) and the shutters were as they should have been at that time.

How do you know the description of the 'ambient lighting' was correct, let alone accurate.

Likewise, a listening check.  What exactly does that mean and did he actually check the children, or was he behind a door ?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1276 on: February 24, 2017, 10:19:52 AM »
@)(++(*

now  dont be such a know it all next  time

You have posted CCTV from the PARAISO C.C.T.V.PICTURES 03 MAY 2007 ... there is no CCTV at the tapas restaurant.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 10:46:39 AM by Brietta »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1277 on: February 24, 2017, 10:24:21 AM »
Like the door position, how would he know how they should have been?
We don't know how visible the damage was or indeed what the damage was.
Perhaps Matt wouldn't have noticed. He didn't notice Madeleine.

I am sure he would have noticed raised shutters and an open window and remarked on it when making his police statement.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #1278 on: February 24, 2017, 10:25:04 AM »
You have posted CCTV from the Millennium restaurant ... there is no CCTV at the tapas restaurant.

No it's not, it's the Beach restaurant, where the group minus the McCanns spent Thursday afternoon.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1279 on: February 24, 2017, 10:28:27 AM »

Thank you Robbie, I have amended my post accordingly.

If the Tapas restaurant had benefited from CCTV so many questions would have been resolved as regards the timeline, but it did not which has led to so much trouble and speculation.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 12:19:08 PM by ShiningInLuz »

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #1280 on: February 24, 2017, 10:28:54 AM »
No it's not, it's the Beach restaurant, where the group minus the McCanns spent Thursday afternoon.

according to the CCTV  footage  time it was  a few hours before maddie vanished

Offline jassi

« Reply #1281 on: February 24, 2017, 10:37:54 AM »
I am sure he would have noticed raised shutters and an open window and remarked on it when making his police statement.

He didn't manage to notice either on his visit at 9.30
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 11:36:39 AM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Benice

« Reply #1282 on: February 24, 2017, 10:39:22 AM »
It is generally recognised that the child carrier on the streets of Luz that night were not one and the same person.  What there are of the descriptions tends to make that clear.  Jane Tanner only saw a side view and her description of the hair length - on which she was adamant - differs.
Therefore unless Tannerman was wearing a wig or had popped in and had a quick haircut ... he was not the man encountered by the Smiths thirty five or forty minutes later.

The individual seen by Jane Tanner was carrying a barefoot child seconds away from the room from which a barefoot child would be found missing.
Had Jane Tanner been just five seconds earlier she would very likely have walked into him head on.  Had Jez Wilkins not stopped to speak with Gerry, who had just left the apartment after checking on the children, it is very likely he too would have met him head on.
There is no logical route from the creche to where he was seen ... but there is a very logical route directly from the McCann apartment.

Goncalo Amaral played down that sighting ... why?

Jane Tanner suffered years of abuse because of what she had witnessed ... why?

I have seen it written that very often the only evidence of an abduction is eye witness testimony.  Jane Tanner was an eye witness to a man carrying a child away from the immediate scene where a child vanished.
It is not rocket science to work it out.

Had the McCanns returned home to find their television gone and a man had been seen carrying a television away at the same location Jane saw the man carrying the barefoot child ... the deduction is the same for both instances one hypothetical and one fact.

IIRC Amaral didn't play down Jayne's sighting as long as he had Murat in his sights.   He was quite happy with her as a reliable witness until he had to let Murat go and decided to go after the parents instead - particularly the mother  (again).          It was only then that her sighting became an 'inconvenience' to him - and his answer to that was to do everything he could to discredit her.    Just like any good policeman would.....not
IMO
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1283 on: February 24, 2017, 10:50:49 AM »

Thank you.

The group ate in the Millennium on the Saturday of their arrival 28th April.  The still is from the Paraiso CCTV on May 3rd.

There is no CCTV in the tapas.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1284 on: February 24, 2017, 10:59:53 AM »
I don't believe they were drugged, no. Amaral stated in his book that they woke up when they were moved to another apartment - was that true or another lie iyo?

Amaral wasn't in PDL however every witness who was and mentioned the twins commented that they didn't wake even when moved to another apartment. Are you saying they are all liars?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1285 on: February 24, 2017, 11:00:01 AM »
IIRC Amaral didn't play down Jayne's sighting as long as he had Murat in his sights.   He was quite happy with her as a reliable witness until he had to let Murat go and decided to go after the parents instead - particularly the mother  (again).          It was only then that her sighting became an 'inconvenience' to him - and his answer to that was to do everything he could to discredit her.    Just like any good policeman would.....not
IMO

So everything at variance with his theory of events had to be discredited or ignored.  One wonders how much information which might have been of value to actually finding Madeleine McCann might have been lost as a direct result.

What a pity the Murat villa was in direct line of the route being taken ... and the chagrin when Jane was adamant Murat was not the man she had seen upsetting that particular apple cart.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1286 on: February 24, 2017, 11:01:58 AM »
Amaral wasn't in PDL however every witness who was and mentioned the twins commented that they didn't wake even when moved to another apartment. Are you saying they are all liars?

Seems it was Amaral doing the saying and writing it up in his book.

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #1287 on: February 24, 2017, 11:02:44 AM »

im not a parent faith but i find it odd that toddlers woouldnt  wake up  with so much noise etc im sure most people  do

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1288 on: February 24, 2017, 11:06:23 AM »
So everything at variance with his theory of events had to be discredited or ignored.  One wonders how much information which might have been of value to actually finding Madeleine McCann might have been lost as a direct result.

What a pity the Murat villa was in direct line of the route being taken ... and the chagrin when Jane was adamant Murat was not the man she had seen upsetting that particular apple cart.

If Amaral wasn't playing down Tanner's sighting why did it prove so difficult for the McCanns to get the investigation to take it seriously?  I believe pressure was put on the Portuguese to release a photo fit of the man she saw. That certainly doesn't sound that at any time Amaral found Tanner's sighting credible or relevant, and he was eventually proved right.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Benice

« Reply #1289 on: February 24, 2017, 11:23:26 AM »
im not a parent faith but i find it odd that toddlers woouldnt  wake up  with so much noise etc im sure most people  do

Well I am - and in my experience it's not odd at all.   I've been at wedding receptions, etc where toddlers have slept soundly in their buggies while a disco is blasting out around them.  In their time my own children have slept through thunderstorms, parties, hoovering, etc etc..    An  IMO most parents can say the same.

Gerry's son stayed asleep when he carried him down from an airplane in a noisy airport.
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal