Author Topic: Mark Williams-Thomas suggests Madeleine woke, wandered and was abducted.  (Read 262485 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Mark Williams-Thomas suggests Madeleine woke, wandered and was abducted.
« Reply #1380 on: January 14, 2020, 04:35:14 PM »
In my opinion he was so we shall agree to differ.

At the very least Clarence knew what was going on.  Mark Williams Thomas never has.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #1381 on: January 14, 2020, 04:37:54 PM »
English was long taught in French Schools but when I came here no one spoke English, or at least they said they didn't, although they might have been afraid of embarrassing themselves.  Nowadays they all practice their excellent English on me while I still struggle with French.

I'm hopeless at learning languages despite French lessons for many years and working in Italy for a year.  I still haven't mastered affect and effect  8)><(  I'm always amazed when I listen to foreign footballers post match who speak such good English in addition to their native tongue and often speak other languages fluently too if they've played in other countries. 

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1382 on: January 14, 2020, 04:42:00 PM »
I'm hopeless at learning languages despite French lessons for many years and working in Italy for a year.  I still haven't mastered affect and effect  8)><(  I'm always amazed when I listen to foreign footballers post match who speak such good English in addition to their native tongue and often speak other languages fluently too if they've played in other countries.

When I do speak French they all answer me in English because my accent is rubbish.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1383 on: January 14, 2020, 04:44:19 PM »
Of course they do coz they're mainly talking to English speaking tourists.  Hopefully most tourists don't need to communicate with GNR/PJ.

Was English taught in Portugal's state schools pre 1990's?  If not then I see no reason for the majority of GNR/PJ to speak English to the extent they would be capable of recording witness statements.

Yes.  Mandatory 8 years minimum.
What's up, old man?

Offline Admin

« Reply #1384 on: January 14, 2020, 04:44:40 PM »
English was long taught in French Schools but when I came here no one spoke English, or at least they said they didn't, although they might have been afraid of embarrassing themselves.  Nowadays they all practice their excellent English on me while I still struggle with French.

Given that much of northern France was under English control for many years, did that in any way change the native tongue.

Apologies for responding out of topic.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1385 on: January 14, 2020, 05:05:21 PM »
Given that much of northern France was under English control for many years, did that in any way change the native tongue.

Apologies for responding out of topic.

Quite the opposite.  English is based on Norman French which was largely spoken in England.  A lot of the words that you use are French, but one doesn't see this until one has been here for some time.

Such an elegant language it is.  Elegante is a French word.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1386 on: January 14, 2020, 05:33:15 PM »
Yes.  Mandatory 8 years minimum.
I guess Amaral wasn’t paying attention in lessons.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1387 on: January 14, 2020, 07:46:30 PM »
She made a wit stat on 20th Aug 2007 because she was asked to do so hence the statement repeatedly states "When questioned..." and "When asked..." 

The 443 homes under investigation all related to the tourist business "Ocean Club".  Mrs Fenn's residence was not part of OC tourist business.  It states:

Some of the residences, belonging to the establishment, were not checked because they were unoccupied and there was no key available to access them. These were individual residences, that did not have Ocean Club maintenance contracts;

And Mrs Fenn, as full-time resident and owner of her apartment, did not have an Ocean Club maintenance contract. 

The present inquiry was undertaken by a total of six teams composed of PJ officers and maintenance technicians of the Ocean Club;

PJ were able to communicate with English speaking guests as they were accompanied by maintenance technicians eg the likes of Silvia Batista who acted as translator on night of 3rd May.

Tasmin Silence volunteered to make a statement. It also says 'when asked', so those words in a statement are not a sign that the PJ instigated the interview.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1388 on: January 14, 2020, 07:49:10 PM »
I guess Amaral wasn’t paying attention in lessons.

Work out the dates before making such a dumb comment.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1389 on: January 14, 2020, 07:59:14 PM »

The date in the post was ...pre 1990's....Amaral was at school then... that makes your comment the dumb one

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1390 on: January 14, 2020, 08:15:06 PM »
According to you English lessons for 8 years were mandatory pre-1990s, therefore Amaral would have received 8 years of English lessons while at school, so pray tell what was dumb about my comment?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Anthro

« Reply #1391 on: January 14, 2020, 08:28:40 PM »
Here we have 11 official languages. Yet, instruction at school level is only in English and Afrikaans. At tertiary level, mostly English. Mother-tongue education in all the other official languages is non-existent. I just wanted to share this with you.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1392 on: January 14, 2020, 10:07:02 PM »
According to you English lessons for 8 years were mandatory pre-1990s, therefore Amaral would have received 8 years of English lessons while at school, so pray tell what was dumb about my comment?

Just work out the dates.  Simple arithmetic.  Gordon Bennett.
What's up, old man?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1393 on: January 14, 2020, 10:19:38 PM »
Here we have 11 official languages. Yet, instruction at school level is only in English and Afrikaans. At tertiary level, mostly English. Mother-tongue education in all the other official languages is non-existent. I just wanted to share this with you.

English is the obvious choice for any non English speaking child to learn.
Here it is difficult to choose which language to learn.
When I was in High School, many years ago, there was the choice of German, French, Spanish, Russian and Italian.
Nowadays Primary children have the chance to begin to learn one language at Primary school and then continue that language at the High School.
In the main the schools offer German, Spanish or French.
Difficult to decide which is the best choice.
Some children will choose to study two languages after third year.

Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1394 on: January 14, 2020, 10:40:54 PM »
Just work out the dates.  Simple arithmetic.  Gordon Bennett.
Amaral is in his 50s ergo he was in school pre-90s when YOU claimed there was mandatory 8 years of English taught in Portuguese schools.  I have worked out the dates, you’re making no sense at all as usual. 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 10:42:57 PM by Vertigo Swirl »