Author Topic: Mark Williams-Thomas suggests Madeleine woke, wandered and was abducted.  (Read 262470 times)

Offline ShiningInLuz

Re: Mark Williams-Thomas suggests Madeleine woke, wandered and was abducted.
« Reply #1395 on: January 14, 2020, 10:53:27 PM »
Amaral is in his 50s ergo he was in school pre-90s when YOU claimed there was mandatory 8 years of English taught in Portuguese schools.  I have worked out the dates, you’re making no sense at all as usual.

He was born 60 to 61 years ago.  Subtract 40.

Easy peasy.

(&^&
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1396 on: January 14, 2020, 11:27:12 PM »
He was born 60 to 61 years ago.  Subtract 40.

Easy peasy.

(&^&
That takes us to the pre-90s, when according to you all school kids in Portugal got 8years mandatory English lessons.  Next!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1397 on: January 14, 2020, 11:30:13 PM »
That takes us to the pre-90s, when according to you all school kids in Portugal got 8years mandatory English lessons.  Next!

Never claimed that.  Next!
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1398 on: January 14, 2020, 11:35:53 PM »
Never claimed that.  Next!
Yes you did, perhaps you didn’t read the post you were replying to carefully enough, perhaps you could be man enough to admit you made a silly mistake when attempting to score a cheap point in reply to my post.  Holly asked if there were English lessons in PRE-90s Portugal to which you replied most confidently yes, 8 years mandatory. It’s all there in black and white but you continue to deny reality,  why?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1399 on: January 15, 2020, 12:06:48 AM »
Yes you did, perhaps you didn’t read the post you were replying to carefully enough, perhaps you could be man enough to admit you made a silly mistake when attempting to score a cheap point in reply to my post.  Holly asked if there were English lessons in PRE-90s Portugal to which you replied most confidently yes, 8 years mandatory. It’s all there in black and white but you continue to deny reality,  why?

Holly said PRE-90s.

That includes 1900. Or 1800. Or even before you were born.

I didn't say  PRE-90s.

My terminology was different and much more precise.
What's up, old man?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1400 on: January 15, 2020, 02:33:38 AM »
No yelling
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1401 on: January 15, 2020, 07:34:30 AM »
Holly said PRE-90s.

That includes 1900. Or 1800. Or even before you were born.

I didn't say  PRE-90s.

My terminology was different and much more precise.
So, not man enough to admit your mistake. 
Just to remind everyone, reply #1383 of this thread.
Holly asked:

“Was English taught in Portugal's state schools pre 1990's?  If not then I see no reason for the majority of GNR/PJ to speak English to the extent they would be capable of recording witness statements”.

You replied:

“Yes.  Mandatory 8 years minimum”.

No equivocation, no precise language. Just a bold assertion to a straight forward question. 

From this the reader is to understand what, exactly? 

That Amaral, a pupil pre-90s would not have received 8 years of English lessons?

Get a grip man. 

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1402 on: January 15, 2020, 09:33:25 AM »
So, not man enough to admit your mistake. 
Just to remind everyone, reply #1383 of this thread.
Holly asked:

“Was English taught in Portugal's state schools pre 1990's? If not then I see no reason for the majority of GNR/PJ to speak English to the extent they would be capable of recording witness statements”.

You replied:

“Yes.  Mandatory 8 years minimum”.

No equivocation, no precise language. Just a bold assertion to a straight forward question. 

From this the reader is to understand what, exactly? 

That Amaral, a pupil pre-90s would not have received 8 years of English lessons?

Get a grip man.

She wasn't asking if Amaral could speak English, was she?

Could the majority of police officers converse in English was the question.

Time to drop the dead donkey, Verti.

Boring!

&^^&*
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1403 on: January 15, 2020, 09:36:20 AM »
She wasn't asking if Amaral could speak English, was she?

Could the majority of police officers converse in English was the question.

Time to drop the dead donkey, Verti.

Boring!

&^^&*
Holly clearly asked if English was taught in Portuguese schools pre 90s.  You very clearly replied “yes, 8 years mandatory English lessons”. 
So when I made my tongue in cheek comment about Amaral not paying attention in English classes it was obviously not because I had “not worked out the dates”.  If anyone should do any conceding it is you for clearly being in the wrong.  Again. 

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1404 on: January 15, 2020, 10:08:18 AM »
Holly clearly asked if English was taught in Portuguese schools pre 90s.  You very clearly replied “yes, 8 years mandatory English lessons”. 
So when I made my tongue in cheek comment about Amaral not paying attention in English classes it was obviously not because I had “not worked out the dates”.  If anyone should do any conceding it is you for clearly being in the wrong.  Again.

In future, kindly use the tongue in cheek emoticon whilst slagging off Amaral for no reason.

And kindly flog your dead horse elsewhere.  You're boring the pants off the forum with this.

&^^&*
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1405 on: January 15, 2020, 10:14:52 AM »
In future, kindly use the tongue in cheek emoticon whilst slagging off Amaral for no reason.

And kindly flog your dead horse elsewhere.  You're boring the pants off the forum with this.

&^^&*

Your post wasn't precise as you didn't mention any dates at all.  I find your claim laughable that all the emergency services workers you have met speak such good english.
You obviously can't support it with any evidence.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1406 on: January 15, 2020, 10:27:43 AM »

&^^&*
THere is no "tongue in cheek" emoticon and unlike you I prefer to use these annoying things sparingly.  Anyone reading my comment would have realised it was an humorous aside.  You chose to use my comment as an opportunity to insult me.  Well it backfired as it wasn't me that was the dumb one who had clearly misread the post by Holly, it was...well, we'll let the forum decide on that.  When in a hole always best to stop digging, admit the mistake and even (if you're feeling particularly gracious) apologise.  Big ask of someone absurdly dogmatic who can never admit to making a mistake I know!

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1407 on: January 15, 2020, 10:38:57 AM »
Your post wasn't precise as you didn't mention any dates at all.  I find your claim laughable that all the emergency services workers you have met speak such good english.
You obviously can't support it with any evidence.

As you don't live on the Algarve, your contention about our experiences here is what is laughable.

(&^&
What's up, old man?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1408 on: January 15, 2020, 10:44:07 AM »
THere is no "tongue in cheek" emoticon and unlike you I prefer to use these annoying things sparingly.  Anyone reading my comment would have realised it was an humorous aside.  You chose to use my comment as an opportunity to insult me.  Well it backfired as it wasn't me that was the dumb one who had clearly misread the post by Holly, it was...well, we'll let the forum decide on that.  When in a hole always best to stop digging, admit the mistake and even (if you're feeling particularly gracious) apologise.  Big ask of someone absurdly dogmatic who can never admit to making a mistake I know!

As you have shown that I answered Holly's question, you quite clearly haven't got any ground to stand on in this instance.

Best to leave it alone, old bean.

&^^&*
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1409 on: January 15, 2020, 10:58:20 AM »
As you don't live on the Algarve, your contention about our experiences here is what is laughable.

(&^&

Not really... Codswallop is the same the world over