Author Topic: Did Madeleine McCann meet the same fate as Aisling Symes?  (Read 53259 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: Did Madeleine McCann meet the same fate as Aisling Symes?
« Reply #150 on: May 03, 2015, 11:38:16 PM »
Police in Australia have drained a septic tank in their search for William Tyrell.  I imagine if a child's body had been put in one it would take draining to enable it to be located.

Yes, it would have to be drained.  But that's not difficult.  Our local farmer does it.  It takes about twenty minutes.  And the smell would cover any odour.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #151 on: May 05, 2015, 09:44:08 PM »
In some streets I see two lines of round covers, here is a pair, I assume one is foul water drain and the other is rain water drain.

Offline sadie

« Reply #152 on: May 05, 2015, 11:40:23 PM »
In some streets I see two lines of round covers, here is a pair, I assume one is foul water drain and the other is rain water drain.

Ermm?    Cant see what you are talking about Pegasus.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #153 on: May 06, 2015, 04:27:50 PM »
Ermm?    Cant see what you are talking about Pegasus.
click to enlarge. two round covers, one for the foulwater drain, the other for the rainwater drain

Offline Lace

« Reply #154 on: May 06, 2015, 04:37:02 PM »
Surely they would have thought about septic tanks wouldn't they?    The police I mean.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #155 on: May 06, 2015, 04:52:16 PM »
Surely they would have thought about septic tanks wouldn't they?    The police I mean.

An impossible task Lace.  In addition the surrounding countryside is pockmarked with natural wells and crevices in the rock structure which would be impossible to explore properly.

De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline sadie

« Reply #156 on: May 06, 2015, 11:32:20 PM »
click to enlarge. two round covers, one for the foulwater drain, the other for the rainwater drain
Thanks Peg

Was looking at the curved kerb for some reason  %&5%£ and missed the drain covers completely

Offline pegasus

« Reply #157 on: May 07, 2015, 02:08:57 AM »
15VOLUMEXVa_Page_4013
"I would further like to say that in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine, I saw a manhole with a cover removed. This manhole is situated on a junction of a road that runs parallel to the supermarket near to the Tapas Bar and the McCanns apartment. The cover along with the surround that been removed and placed to the side of the road. The road is lit by street lighting but I believe you would not have seen the hole and anyone could have fallen in. I returned the next day and noticed that the cover had been replaced. I am concerned that she may have fallen down the manhole and was not seen."

Offline pegasus

« Reply #158 on: May 07, 2015, 04:30:15 AM »
Re the open manhole. The cover and the frame had been removed and placed at the side of the road.
To remove the frame requires removing part of the road surface. So it was not removed for theft or prank. The obvious explanation is that the road surface was being replaced. The manhole cover with frame would be removed so that the sand/gravel lower layers of the new surface could be laid. IIRC in 2007 in Luz a part of the town centre (see map) just south of the big supermarket was being recobbled, so that is probably where this open manhole was? DW rog mentions this area IIRC?
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00645/news-graphics-2007-_645170a.jpg
IMO there are 2 junctions which fit witness statement and resurfacing work, possibly B is more likely than A IMO. This is partly guesswork, and probably nothing to do with the case.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 03:56:22 AM by pegasus »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #159 on: May 11, 2015, 03:57:55 AM »
Probably irrelevant, but why not ask witness: which manhole? One UK visit, streetview, easy.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #160 on: May 11, 2015, 11:20:44 AM »
Probably irrelevant, but why not ask witness: which manhole? One UK visit, streetview, easy.

I would suggest this was one of the  diligences carried out by Operation Grange and\or the Polícia Judiciária prior to the case being reopened independently of each other ... so it is a base which has probably been covered.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #161 on: May 11, 2015, 02:50:24 PM »
I would suggest this was one of the  diligences carried out by Operation Grange and\or the Polícia Judiciária prior to the case being reopened independently of each other ... so it is a base which has probably been covered.
Yes it is possible that they may have asked the witness already, I don't know. IMO it is possible that police were so concentrated on the charity collection in this statement, that they may have completely overlooked the mention of an open manhole?

BTW is there a statistical tendency in some wandering cases to walk downhill?

Going downhill begins by going south along Rua Martins. Just before the supermarket there is a choice, either continue south along Rua Martins, or fork right onto a path towards supermarket car park, and both choices appear IMO to be equally downhill.

The first choice (stay on R Martins), when continued by always choosing the most downhill option, passes through junction B.

The second choice (fork right to supermarket car park), when continued by always choosing the most downhill option, leads along a path around the west side of the supermarket building, and then passes through junction A.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 03:01:04 PM by pegasus »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #162 on: May 11, 2015, 02:57:51 PM »
Yes it is possible that they may have asked the witness for already, I don't know. IMO it is possible that police were so concentrated on the charity collection in this statement, that they may have completely overlooked the mention of an open manhole?

Going downhill begins by going south along Rua Martins. Just before the supermarket there is a choice, either continue south along Rua Martins, or fork right onto a path towards supermarket car park, and both choices appear IMO to be equally downhill.

The first choice (stay on R Martins), when continued by always choosing the most downhill option, passes through junction B.

The second choice (fork right to supermarket car park), when continued by always choosing the most downhill option, leads along a path around the west side of the supermarket building, and then passes through junction A.

A downhill trajectory is, I think an opinion of experts who have discussed the case; in at least one instance on video it was said that had Madeleine wandered she would have headed towards the lights at the entrance to the tapas restaurant.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #163 on: May 11, 2015, 03:00:32 PM »
Yes it is possible that they may have asked the witness for already, I don't know. IMO it is possible that police were so concentrated on the charity collection in this statement, that they may have completely overlooked the mention of an open manhole?

I don't know about statistics, but it seems unlikely that anyone would travel uphill, unless they had some specific destination in mind.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline pegasus

« Reply #164 on: May 11, 2015, 03:31:17 PM »
Witness description (a junction on a road which runs parallel with the supermarket) fits about a dozen junctions or more. Two of those junctions were in the areas being resurfaced with cobbles in 2007 and so they are more likely to have had a complete cover including frame removed. Both those junctions A and B are on downhill routes from n end of R Martins.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 01:51:06 PM by pegasus »