Author Topic: Police urged to shelve Maddie hunt as cops needed in UK to battle terrorism.  (Read 45498 times)

Offline carlymichelle

can i ask  davel who is  we?/ do you   think for all of us now?? not me you  dont

stephen25000

All it means, is that you excuse the mccanns actions.

The cause of Madeleine's disappearance remains unknown.

Time you grasped reality.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 10:28:10 AM by Eleanor »

Offline Mr Gray

can i ask  davel who is  we?/ do you   think for all of us now?? not me you  dont

no one knows what happened to Maddie...including you....that's who we is...

Offline Benice

All it means, is that you excuse the mccanns actions.

The cause of Madeleine's disappearance remains unknown.

Time you grasped reality.

Only in your opinion.  The PJ and SY are satisfied that the cause of Madeleine's disappearance is because she was removed by a stranger(s).   They are the experts, they have all the available info.  You don't. 

The fact that you don't believe your lack of qualifications/info when it comes to detective work puts you at a serious disadvantage to the PJ and SY is very obvious.

And yet when it comes to your 'expertise' in chemisty as opposed to those whom you perceive as not having the same qualifications on the subject as you have - you do the opposite.     You openly sneer at them for what you see as their lack of expertise on YOUR subject.       

Massive double standards imo.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Carana

The number of police staff assigned to Operation Grange will no doubt vary from time to time, as will the time commitment to it, I would have thought.

I haven't found anything to substantiate the idea that all of the Operation's police staff have been working exclusively on this case since its inception.

It would seem logical to me that there have been periods of intensive work, followed by slack periods for some members in which their various skill sets are used for other cases, while remaining on call if needed.

FOI March 2014

Freedom of Information Request Reference No:
I note you seek access to the following information:

My request relates to Operation Grange and is as follows:

1) Please disclose the number of officers working on Operation Grange, with a breakdown showing their ranks.
2) Please disclose the number of police staff working on Operation Grange.

(...)

DECISION
I will answer your questions in turn.
Q1 - Please disclose the number of officers working on Operation Grange, with a
breakdown showing their ranks.

Q2 - Please disclose the number of police staff working on Operation Grange.
The MPS response is:

A Major Investigation Team (MIT) is assigned
to Operation Grange. This is made up of:
1 - Detective Chief Inspector
3 - Detective Inspectors
5 - Detective Sergeants
19 - Detective Constables
6 - Police support staff.

This MIT is assisted by 3 Murder Review Group Officers.
Staff numbers are open to change depending on the needs of the review.
The MIT also continues to work on its existing outstanding homicide cases.

(...)

http://www.met.police.uk/foi/pdfs/disclosure_2014/march_2014/2013010000435.pdf

Offline Angelo222

I'm what some call a "McCann doubter" but in no way do I want to see OG shelved. I don't believe that OG will be a whitewash and I believe that those who are carrying out the investigation want to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann. I don't understand these people who are complaining about £ 10 million and 31 officers, that's a drop in the bucket for an entire budget. Aren't the police supposed to solve mysteries and crimes? So, let them do it.

The money would have been better spent on a proper subterranean search using all the modern equipment available.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

I understand your position, but to me the key point is this.

The investigating team by public record have exonerated the mccanns and therefore presumably the rest of the group.

How can they do this when it hasn't been  determined what happened to Madeleine ?

I don't think so.  Exonerated is not the word I would use.  All that has been previously said is that the parents and the other members of the tapas group are not suspects.  From experience we know that this can very quickly change if information is uncovered which points in a different direction.

On your second point I agree, the police don't know what happened to her so all and any claims are academic at this stage.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 12:01:55 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline John

Let's be clear folks.  Nobody investigating this case whether they be in London or Portugal know for sure what happened to Madeleine McCann.  They don't even know if she was removed from the apartment or if she exited it of her own volition.  Until this situation changes please keep this fact in mind. TY
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 12:06:01 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline misty

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/11451779/Ibiza-to-be-patrolled-by-British-police-this-summer.html &%+((£

The Spanish government is currently negotiating the arrival of British officers to the island this summer and offering them free hotel rooms as part of the deal, authorities in San Antonio confirmed yesterday.

Up to 12 British police officers will be expected to patrol the streets in pairs alongside the Spanish civil guard.

Officials are hoping the British police will help provide increased security for tourists and locals, and intelligence on the Manchester- and Liverpool-based gangs who are said to dominate San Antonio in the summer.

Several drug dealers are said to pose as tourists and carry designer drugs in their suitcases.

"They are police officers who know the language and the idiosyncrasy of their compatriots," said Jesus Valdes, a Balearics-based government spokesperson.

“Hotel bosses have already offered these police free rooms,” Pepita Gutierrez, the mayor of San Antonio, said.

"The arrival of these officers, who will patrol with Civil Guard officers, will increase the security we want to offer both tourists and residents.

"It will also help local Spanish police concentrate on making sure by-laws like bar opening hours are adhered to so they don't find themselves overwhelmed by public order interventions," she added.

The new initiative follows a successful experiment carried out last year in Majorca where French and German police were called upon to do the same.

British police are said to have also been invited to work in the Majorcan resort of Magaluf this summer. Last year, the Balearic government declared it was aiming to transform the notorious resort into a “mature tourist destination" by introducing new curbs on [ censored word]ocial behaviour and an overhaul of hotels in a bid to attract a more upmarket crowd.

Ibiza has come under fire in recent years for several drug-related incidents, including a major raid of the largest gang of British drugs traffickers on the island in 2011. Thirteen people, including 10 Britons and two from Ireland, were arrested in a joint operation between the Spanish police and Britain’s Serious Organised Crime Agency. Some 3,600 ecstasy pills were seized, along with five kilograms of MDMA - a form of ecstasy - and four kilograms of cocaine. Also found were 69,000 euros (£60,000).

British holidaymakers were shown to be openly snorting cocaine on their balconies last year, in photographs and videos posted by locals on various social networking websites.

Alcohol-related incidents and fights are also said to take place regularly on the island. In 2012, the Foreign Office said many of the arrests involving Britons abroad were due to high alcohol consumption in popular destinations including Ibiza, Majorca and the Costa del Sol.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can the UK afford to send officers abroad to monitor Brits on holiday in the light of all the cuts?

stephen25000

Only in your opinion.  The PJ and SY are satisfied that the cause of Madeleine's disappearance is because she was removed by a stranger(s).   They are the experts, they have all the available info.  You don't. 

The fact that you don't believe your lack of qualifications/info when it comes to detective work puts you at a serious disadvantage to the PJ and SY is very obvious.

And yet when it comes to your 'expertise' in chemisty as opposed to those whom you perceive as not having the same qualifications on the subject as you have - you do the opposite.     You openly sneer at them for what you see as their lack of expertise on YOUR subject.       

Massive double standards imo.

Well for 'experts', what have they actually found ?

The crime is not determined.

They also admit Madeleine may have died in the apartment, which means she wasn't actually abducted.

According to the article this week, all possibilities are open.

As to qualifications, I won't bother telling you  how many subjects I teach to 'A' Level and beyond, now that would be boring.

I leave that to davel, who seems to be claiming expertise in nearly every subject under the sun.

A simple check on Chemistry websites will reveal how badly wrong his knowledge of a simple section of 'A' Chemistry he has.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 01:01:32 PM by stephen25000 »

stephen25000

I don't think so.  Exonerated is not the word I would use.  All that has been previously said is that the parents and the other members of the tapas group are not suspects.  From experience we know that this can very quickly change if information is uncovered which points in a different direction.

On your second point I agree, the police don't know what happened to her so all and any claims are academic at this stage.

Fair point on Number One Angelo.

Though something tells me that certain people will deny the point you made.

Offline Benice

Well for 'experts', what have they actually found ?

The crime is not determined.

They also admit Madeleine may have died in the apartment, which means she wasn't actually abducted.

According to the article this week, all possibilities are open.

As to qualifications, I won't bother telling you  how many subjects I teach to 'A' Level and beyond, now that would be boring.

I leave that to davel, who seems to be claiming expertise in nearly every subject under the sun.

A simple check on Chemistry websites will reveal how badly wrong his knowledge of a simple section of 'A' Chemistry he has.

So what have you' found' which makes you so certain that you are right and the police forces of two countries are so wrong?  Please elucidate.

Doesn't it bother you at all that you are at such odds with the experts on a subject of which you have no expertise - whilst at the same time claiming that folk who have no expertise in chemistry can't possibly know as much as someone who does -  i.e. yourself.        You can't have it both ways.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.

stephen25000

So what have you' found' which makes you so certain that you are right and the police forces of two countries are so wrong?  Please elucidate.

Doesn't it bother you at all that you are at such odds with the experts on a subject of which you have no expertise - whilst at the same time claiming that folk who have no expertise in chemistry can't possibly know as much as someone who does -  i.e. yourself.        You can't have it both ways.

In my job, i am judged on the results.

Otherwise NO WORK.

Now remind me of exactly what have SY found in this case, and do note Angelo's comments earlier.

Offline carlymichelle

sounds like the police are open  about what did happen to maddie  they  dont seem like    a   abduction is a  100%    true

Offline Benice

In my job, i am judged on the results.

Otherwise NO WORK.

Now remind me of exactly what have SY found in this case, and do note Angelo's comments earlier.

Are you asking me to believe that no student taught by you has ever failed an exam?

No need to answer as I'm not really interested in your private life.    The point I am making is that if you believe you know more about chemistry than someone who has never studied the subject you should at least acknowlege the possibility that policemen know more about detective work than you do.    As it is - you flatly refuse to even consider they could be right and that you could be wrong IMO.   But you don't give any reasons.

We don't know what SY or the PJ have found in this case, because they haven't told us.

Angelo is entitled to his opinion, just as I am entitled not to share it if I don't agree with it.