Author Topic: Petition re Madeleine McCann on Prime Minister's website  (Read 103417 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Petition re Madeleine McCann on Prime Minister's website
« Reply #165 on: January 29, 2016, 06:03:51 PM »

There was a time when all the Sceptics wished for was that the case should be reopened.  But now it has been they don't like that either.

Basically, they just want a Kangaroo Court based on their opinions.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #166 on: January 29, 2016, 06:05:31 PM »
If you recall Theresa May and the head of The MPS were not keen on the idea hence the open letter in The Sun to David Cameron and David Cameron then ordering The Home Sec. and the head of the MPS to just do it and he would arrange funding. Much of the background to this is recorded in the Leveson Inquiry.

It seems no-one was terribly keen on taking on the expense of reopening Madeleine McCann's case and it was a close run thing to achieve ... which makes promoting a petition questioning the expenditure reprehensible, in my opinion.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #167 on: January 29, 2016, 06:07:41 PM »
Thanks, Alice, I have read both before.

However, I am still waiting for Blonk's evidence that Op Grange could only examine abduction.

I doubt there is.
That is what I have found so bloody funny about this latest debate.
Blonk says the remit was rigged to allow only investigation into an abduction. Because it is blonk saying it the idea needs to be cited and tied up with a ribbon and even then it's probably rubbish. In the past however (and no I can't be arsed to find it because life's too short) some supporters have been using the very same wording within the remit to demonstrate that SY were only investigating an abduction therefore.........well you can work out the rest.

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Carana

« Reply #168 on: January 29, 2016, 06:08:09 PM »
Blonk earlier referred to his article / post on a different site and has made a number of allegations.

Is there any reason why the link has been removed?

If it's all verifiable and not speculation, then I don't see why he shouldn't post it here as well.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #169 on: January 29, 2016, 06:09:25 PM »
I'm not really into semantics unless necessary.

My question is really bog-basic: where is it stated that Op Grange was only allowed to investigate an abduction?

Bog-basic and oh so logical ... LOL I think we should call you the Myth Slayer ... because you have just 'done in' yet another one.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Carana

« Reply #170 on: January 29, 2016, 06:20:41 PM »
I doubt there is.
That is what I have found so bloody funny about this latest debate.
Blonk says the remit was rigged to allow only investigation into an abduction. Because it is blonk saying it the idea needs to be cited and tied up with a ribbon and even then it's probably rubbish. In the past however (and no I can't be arsed to find it because life's too short) some supporters have been using the very same wording within the remit to demonstrate that SY were only investigating an abduction therefore.........well you can work out the rest.

Ah. OK. I see your point.

My perspective is that two police forces wouldn't have launched investigations when their respective case reviews could have sufficed to find evidence of any involvement of the T9 in whatever happened to this little girl if any existed.

Unless both forces are really playing "the long game", with numerous "aces", it doesn't seem as if the McCanns are still in the firing line.

And that's what some quarters seem to have a hard time accepting.

Just because the McCanns don't appear to be in the firing line, until further notice, why suddenely decide that it's a waste of money to try to find out what happened to a missing child?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #171 on: January 29, 2016, 06:25:44 PM »
Ah. OK. I see your point.

My perspective is that two police forces wouldn't have launched investigations when their respective case reviews could have sufficed to find evidence of any involvement of the T9 in whatever happened to this little girl if any existed.

Unless both forces are really playing "the long game", with numerous "aces", it doesn't seem as if the McCanns are still in the firing line.

And that's what some quarters seem to have a hard time accepting.

Just because the McCanns don't appear to be in the firing line, until further notice, why suddenely decide that it's a waste of money to try to find out what happened to a missing child?

I think it may indicate that the missing child was never the focus ... it has always been about the parents.

Offline Carana

« Reply #172 on: January 29, 2016, 06:41:19 PM »
I think it may indicate that the missing child was never the focus ... it has always been about the parents.

So far, that is my conclusion as well.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 01:13:40 AM by Admin »

stephen25000

« Reply #173 on: January 29, 2016, 07:33:37 PM »
There was a time when all the Sceptics wished for was that the case should be reopened.  But now it has been they don't like that either.

Basically, they just want a Kangaroo Court based on their opinions.

Hardly.

The investigation was supposed to look at the possibilities of what happened to Madeleine.

As I predicted, it merely looked at abduction.

Offline Carana

« Reply #174 on: January 29, 2016, 07:57:17 PM »
Hardly.

The investigation was supposed to look at the possibilities of what happened to Madeleine.

As I predicted, it merely looked at abduction.

Did I miss where Blonk posted his evidence that Op Grange could only investigate an abduction?

stephen25000

« Reply #175 on: January 29, 2016, 08:04:21 PM »
Did I miss where Blonk posted his evidence that Op Grange could only investigate an abduction?

So when did SY investigate the mccanns Carana ?

Perhaps you can provide a cite ?

Offline Carana

« Reply #176 on: January 29, 2016, 08:08:40 PM »
So when did SY investigate the mccanns Carana ?

Perhaps you can provide a cite ?

What do you imagine that two police forces from different countries were doing during their reviews of the case before (re) opening investigations?

I'm not the person insisting that they could only investigate an abduction.

stephen25000

« Reply #177 on: January 29, 2016, 08:14:58 PM »
What do you imagine that two police forces from different countries were doing during their reviews of the case before (re) opening investigations?

I'm not the person insisting that they could only investigate an abduction.

Reviewing files, re-interviewing, and that's about it.

...and of course, trips to the Algarve on the tax payers expense.

Offline Carana

« Reply #178 on: January 29, 2016, 08:21:24 PM »
Reviewing files, re-interviewing, and that's about it.

...and of course, trips to the Algarve on the tax payers expense.

What are you basing that on?

Offline blonk

« Reply #179 on: January 29, 2016, 08:31:24 PM »
G-Unit has already given you an answer on the remit. It is confined only to investigating 'the abduction'. That disqualifies it from Day One from being an honest and full reinvestigation. It can hardly be said to be 'drawing everything back to zero', or whatever pretentious gobbledegook Redwood has spouted about his team's work. He is stuck with his remit whether he likes it or not.

I am not going to give you an extended essay on all the manifold reasons why I suggest that Operation Grange is a scam, but a starting point would be for you to read this link:

(Link removed)

Not quite sure why the link has been removed, but then I don't post here much so I am not aware of the forum rule that required my link to be deleted.

But - so far as the appointment of Det Chief Supt Hamish Campbell to lead Operation Grange is concerned - most of what I wrote about him (as I acknowledged in my article) was derived from the mammoth work by crime journalists and police corruption investigators Michael Gillard and Laurie Flynn: "THE UNTOUCHABLES: Dirty cops, bent justice and racism in Scotland Yard", which I have on my shelves (Bloomsbury Reader, 2012, 784pp). There is much detail in the book about the controversial wrongful conviction of Barry George/Bulsara and Campbell's part in obtaining that result - he was the Investigating Officer. It was no surprise to me when in May 2011 Campbell was appointed to head up the strange Grange review/investigation.

Carana asked up the thread: "Did I miss where Blonk posted his evidence that Op Grange could only investigate an abduction?"

ANSWER: Yes, you did. Both myself and others on this thread have established beyond peradventure that the remit (decided on by Hamish Campbell by the way) was to "investigate the abduction as if it had happened in the UK". The remit was decided on in the first few weeks of Grange (June/July 2011) and disclosed publicly some months later, after I asked a Freedom of Information Act asking what the remit was. There has been no announcement - and there is no evidence - that the remit has changed since then.

They are still looking for "THE ABDUCTOR". Another recent Freedom of Act question I asked resulted in Grange announcing they've not found Smithman yet. And after the BBC and the Met spent millions on beaming the Crimewatch Special to 7 million viewers...

PETITION SIGNERS NOW:  1,522 >>> https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/108562               
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 08:33:30 PM by blonk »