Author Topic: Why do some people ardently believe the McCanns version of events?  (Read 7729 times)

Offline Sunny

As we have a thread regarding why sceptics may doubt the McCanns I though we should, in the interest of balance to have one for those with a different opinion.

So, why do some people believe the McCanns and why does it appear that everything that they appear to say or do has to be justified.

Despite what some supporters say, I have found that sceptics generally are mostly different and have differing opinions as to what happened to Madeleine and what evidence is important or not,   

What evidence is considered important by supporters and what made them chose to believe the couple.

I would be particularly interested to hear from those of you who have changed your views from a sceptical to a supporter position.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Why do some people ardently believe the McCanns version of events?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 06:19:16 PM »
For one thing there has never, ever, EVER been a plausible, cohesive  theory regarding how the McCanns hid the child’s body, when, where or why, and how they managed to do it so well, in a country that was mostly unfamiliar to them, without access to any of the tools that might come in handy for such a task, at night, without torches, car, etc etc etc.  Someone post up a theory that sounds plausible and fits all the known facts then I’m ready to reconsider my position.  Faithlilly and Pathfinder have both had a go but their theories are easy to rip holes in, unless you are prepared to go down the rabbit hole and believe most or all the Tapas crew are in on it too.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 07:08:38 PM »
For one thing there has never, ever, EVER been a plausible, cohesive  theory regarding how the McCanns hid the child’s body, when, where or why, and how they managed to do it so well, in a country that was mostly unfamiliar to them, without access to any of the tools that might come in handy for such a task, at night, without torches, car, etc etc etc.  Someone post up a theory that sounds plausible and fits all the known facts then I’m ready to reconsider my position.  Faithlilly and Pathfinder have both had a go but their theories are easy to rip holes in, unless you are prepared to go down the rabbit hole and believe most or all the Tapas crew are in on it too.

As you know any discussion of either mine or PF’s theories are quickly deleted so I’m at a loss at how you have come to the conclusion that you can ‘rip holes in them’.

As to going down the rabbit hole, to believe that the parents aren’t involved you’d have to ignore so many coincidences and odd occurrences that it would make your head spin.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 07:52:40 PM »
Dispatches 2007

Presumably as this programme is 11 years old and on YouTube, this reply will be allowed to stand.

The only relevant test is occulted.
What's up, old man?

Offline barrier

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 08:01:41 PM »

The question of the thread is why do some ardently believe the McCann's, not the sceptic point of view.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 08:22:19 PM »
Dispatches 2007

Presumably as this programme is 11 years old and on YouTube, this reply will be allowed to stand.

The only relevant test is occulted.
What is the theory?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 08:27:13 PM »
As you know any discussion of either mine or PF’s theories are quickly deleted so I’m at a loss at how you have come to the conclusion that you can ‘rip holes in them’.

As to going down the rabbit hole, to believe that the parents aren’t involved you’d have to ignore so many coincidences and odd occurrences that it would make your head spin.
There’s a whole thread on Pathfinder’s theory elswehere in this forum, and you know full well I have repeatedly exposed the holes in yours, and would gladly do so again given the opportunity.  There are no notable coincidences or or odd occurrences pointing to parental involvement IMO, certainly none that can’t be explained, the problem is you don’t want to accept any explanation other than that the parents are lying and guilty.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2018, 08:44:55 PM »
What is the theory?
Body occultation by person/persons unknown.
What's up, old man?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2018, 08:46:01 PM »
There’s a whole thread on Pathfinder’s theory elswehere in this forum, and you know full well I have repeatedly exposed the holes in yours, and would gladly do so again given the opportunity.  There are no notable coincidences or or odd occurrences pointing to parental involvement IMO, certainly none that can’t be explained, the problem is you don’t want to accept any explanation other than that the parents are lying and guilty.

Saying ‘that couldn’t have happened’ is not ripping holes in my theory VS. Apologies if this comes as a surprise to you.

And I’m sure all the coincidences and odd occurrences can be explained by even odder excuses.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2018, 08:48:36 PM »
Body occultation by person/persons unknown.
Then that is not a theory of parental involvement, sorry.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2018, 08:50:07 PM »
Saying ‘that couldn’t have happened’ is not ripping holes in my theory VS. Apologies if this comes as a surprise to you.

And I’m sure all the coincidences and odd occurrences can be explained by even odder excuses.
Saying “that couldn’t have happened” is not how I ripped holes in your theory, much as you would like to believe it was.  The “oddness”is all in your mind IMO. 

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2018, 08:51:14 PM »
Saying “that couldn’t have happened” is not how I ripped holes in your theory, much as you would like to believe it was.  The “oddness”is all in your mind IMO.

That’s exactly what you did.

Offline jassi

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2018, 08:52:06 PM »

As Clarence said, "There are wholly innocent explanations for anything the police may or may not have found."

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/quotes-of-the-day-clarence-mitchell-time-magazine--t18687.html
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2018, 08:54:43 PM »
That’s exactly what you did.
Gerry couldn’t have been Smithman, and that’s a fact established by the PJ.  Tell them they’re wrong then.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2018, 08:58:19 PM »
Then that is not a theory of parental involvement, sorry.
It does not exclude parental involvement.
What's up, old man?