Author Topic: "If the case is re-opened where does Amaral stand"  (Read 15620 times)

AnneGuedes

Re: "If the case is re-opened where does Amaral stand"
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2013, 01:33:53 PM »
Perhaps this thread should be renamed the "Hand Up Who Hates Amaral" so that all the McCann supporters can pile in to vent their spleen.

This rabid obsession with the man borders on the psychotic.

It's painful to see people work themselves up into such a frenzy over a man they have never met, never spoken with or nor discussed the case or book with in person. 

And supporters of the family call those who do not believe the McCann's "[ censored word ]s". Jeez, I'm getting the words pot, kettle, black.
This man obviously inspires passions and without his knowing became the target of some posters' frustrations and resentments.
Curious.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2013, 01:38:42 PM »
Perhaps this thread should be renamed the "Hand Up Who Hates Amaral" so that all the McCann supporters can pile in to vent their spleen.

This rabid obsession with the man borders on the psychotic.

It's painful to see people work themselves up into such a frenzy over a man they have never met, never spoken with or nor discussed the case or book with in person. 

And supporters of the family call those who do not believe the McCann's "[ censored word ]s". Jeez, I'm getting the words pot, kettle, black.

So you think you have to have meet someone..spoken to someone  to have a rational dislike for them..you are not making much sense

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2013, 01:40:56 PM »
This man obviously inspires passions and without his knowing became the target of some posters' frustrations and resentments.
Curious.

For me he doesn't inspire any passions...more like disgust

AnneGuedes

« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2013, 01:44:05 PM »
For me he doesn't inspire any passions...more like disgust
This is a passion !

Offline LagosBen

« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2013, 01:50:02 PM »
I could care less about him. He failed at investigating Madeleienes abduction due to his tunnel vision, and now blames others. He was already an Arguido in another case. He should never have been involved imo.

Offline Victoria

« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2013, 01:52:11 PM »
I could care less about him. He failed at investigating Madeleienes abduction due to his tunnel vision, and now blames others. He was already an Arguido in another case. He should never have been involved imo.

He is a man of extremely poor character. The fact that he was ever put into a position of trust is the single most regrettable part of the original investigation.

Offline LagosBen

« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2013, 01:58:39 PM »
He is a man of extremely poor character. The fact that he was ever put into a position of trust is the single most regrettable part of the original investigation.

I couldn't agree more Victoria.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2013, 02:03:50 PM »
You need to check amarals witness statements..from what Ive seen none of them have read the book so how can they confirm anything

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2591.0

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2601.0
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2013, 02:13:43 PM »
Is the way I see it also
The content of the book vs the files, and as the judge has been told by witnesses already there are no major differences or "Exlcusive Revelations' and Amarals police work isn't on trial here.
Even if Madeleine were proven now to have been abducted, it would not affect the trial.
The McCanns have to quantify the damage his book had on the search for her, no McCann witness has provided this so far.

EXACTLY.   All we have heard from McCann witnesses is how it affected the family.  Not a single bit of evidence as to how it affected the search.  But then again it would be hypocritical for the McCanns to say so since all their searching efforts have amounted to sitting on their asses in Rothley unless they are doing TV shows or running events.  Kerry Needham puts them to shame!!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 02:15:55 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2013, 02:21:52 PM »
EXACTLY.   All we have heard from McCann witnesses is how it affected the family.  Not a single bit of evidence as to how it affected the search.  But then again it would be hypocritical for the McCanns to say so since all their searching efforts have amounted to sitting on their asses in Rothley.

I've not read all of Amarals book but I've skimmed through the tasty bits,
But then before & after its publication I've never actually 'Looked for Madeleine' anyway, neither down the back of my sofa or in the garden shed.
How can they they quantify the damage the book had on the search?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Albertini

« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2013, 03:48:53 PM »
So you think you have to have meet someone..spoken to someone  to have a rational dislike for them..you are not making much sense

In order to form a proper and informed opinion on someone? Yes.

Making sense? I'll tell you what doesn't make sense. Forming abject hatred on the basis of and through the prism of the mainstream media reports given the way it contorts, spins and twists information.

As a supporter of the family, and those headlines about them back in 2007, i am surprised (well given it's you perhaps not so surprised), that you would form opinions in this way given you spend an inordinate amount of time on here talking about the importance of context and myths.

Still each to their own i suppose.

Offline Benice

« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2013, 05:55:53 PM »

My sentiments entirely LB.
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

lizzibif.

« Reply #102 on: October 25, 2013, 06:29:07 PM »
The title of this thread ...where does amaral stand..? he'll stand in the dock and cringe that things are moving in a different direction to his  8((()*/