Author Topic: "If the case is re-opened where does Amaral stand"  (Read 15753 times)

Online Wonderfulspam

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline gilet

Re: "If the case is re-opened where does Amaral stand"
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2013, 01:27:01 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2135551/Madeleine-McCann-latest-news-Portuguese-police-refuse-open-case.html

"the couple's spokesman Clarence Mitchell said"

Gospel then!

It was posted in response to Icabodcrane's contention that neither Mitchell nor the McCanns had made such a request. It proves that he was wrong on both counts.

As regards it being 'gospel' or not. In this case I would suggest, yes it is the truth as it merely confirms what the McCanns themselves have publicly said.

Benita

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2013, 01:52:32 AM »
Portuguese police set to re-open Madeleine McCann investigation – five years after they dropped the case
   24 Oct 2013 00:00       

They closed the file on the three-year-old who vanished in May 2007 during a family holiday in the resort of Praia da Luz

Restart hunt: Portuguese police are to begin looking for Maddie again

It is five long years since police in Portugal gave up the search for Madeleine McCann.

They closed the file on the three-year-old who vanished in May 2007 during a family holiday in the resort of Praia da Luz.

Now, in a dramatic development, they are seeking permission to reopen the investigation which they shelved in 2008.

And it is largely down to a number of new leads uncovered by cold case detectives from Britain.

A team of officers from the Policia Judiciaria, based in Porto, have already started working alongside the Scotland Yard team.

And they are understood to have issued an official request to relaunch the search after considering new material from the UK.

Sources say an official announcement is expected today. Under Portuguese law the probe can only be reopened after a ruling by senior prosecutors.

Pedro do Carmo, deputy head of Policia Judiciaria, last night refused to confirm or deny the move – which would be a huge boost for Madeleine’s parents, Kate and Gerry.

It is believed that Portuguese police are now convinced the McCanns were not involved in their daughter’s disappearance and are ready to probe the abduction theory.

read more here
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-portuguese-police-set-2485863

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 01:55:45 AM by Benita »

Offline sadie

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2013, 01:56:28 AM »
"Sources say an official announcement is expected today. Under Portuguese law the probe can only be reopened after a ruling by senior prosecutors."

Today!  Whopee !

Hope that means they have the mman/men in question

Offline gilet

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2013, 01:56:45 AM »
Very significant (if its true) last sentence in that Mirror article.

It is believed that Portuguese police are now convinced the McCanns were not involved in their daughter’s disappearance and are ready to probe the abduction theory.

That would put a chasm between them and Amaral and his 'thesis'.

Benita

« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2013, 01:57:14 AM »
latest news not looking good for amaral  ?>)()<

Offline gilet

« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2013, 01:58:01 AM »
"Sources say an official announcement is expected today. Under Portuguese law the probe can only be reopened after a ruling by senior prosecutors."

Today!  Whopee !

I think you are probably being too optimistic Sadie. All this means is that there is evidence. I doubt that there is an arrest of an abductor imminent. Indeed Redwood was clear this could still be a very, very long haul.

Benita

« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2013, 01:59:37 AM »

Today!  Whopee !

yeah hope so Sadie ..things are defo looking up for madeleine  8((()*/god bless her..

Benita

« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2013, 02:02:28 AM »
I think you are probably being too optimistic Sadie. All this means is that there is evidence. I doubt that there is an arrest of an abductor imminent. Indeed Redwood was clear this could still be a very, very long haul.

we know it could be gilet but at last things are moving in the right direction  8((()*/

Offline sadie

« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2013, 02:03:11 AM »
yeah hope so Sadie ..things are defo looking up for madeleine  8((()*/god bless her..
Gawd, I hope they find her  ... and well.

Therer are another 6 missing PT kids, many adult now, who need to be reunited with their families too.

Offline gilet

« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2013, 02:04:01 AM »
we know it could be gilet but at last things are moving in the right direction  8((()*/

Very much in the right direction. And all this could have been done back in 2007 if the original investigation had not (as the Mirror correctly puts it) been "botched".

Offline sadie

« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2013, 02:05:28 AM »
Oh, I am a bit diappointed if we have to wait, but so long as it happens.

That is what matters.

Benita

« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2013, 02:05:39 AM »

oh amaral do you still have that ace u ya sleeve ..cos if you do I think you gunna need it  @)(++(*

Benita

« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2013, 02:10:54 AM »
Very much in the right direction. And all this could have been done back in 2007 if the original investigation had not (as the Mirror correctly puts it) been "botched".

"botched" is a word that has been used a lot in this case but that was down to amaral for taking the iinvestigation in the wrong direction in the first place..