Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 399041 times)

Offline barrier

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #5700 on: November 11, 2019, 06:11:05 PM »
I'm still not clear where a 2022 Statute of Limitations fits in to the equation.  I don't think you have clarified that ... do please elucidate.

Portugal.

Portuguese Penal Code - Article 118
Terms of prescription

1. The criminal proceedings extinguishes through the effect of prescription as soon as from the
exertion of the crime has elapsed the following terms:
a) 15 years, concerning crime punishable with prison penalty for a maximum limit superior to 10
years.
b) 10 years, when it concerns crimes punishable with prison penalties with a maximum term equal
or superior to 5 years, but not exceeding 10 years.
c) 5 years, when it concerns crimes punishable with prison penalties with a maximum term equal or
superior to one year, but inferior to 5 years.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7626.0
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5701 on: November 11, 2019, 06:40:30 PM »
Do you expect them to tell? I don't.
Of course I don’t but it doesn’t stop me wondering.   People here like to scoff and jeer at the Met but surely far more worthy of questioning is the police force in charge that don’t appear to be doing anything at all to help solve the case.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5702 on: November 11, 2019, 06:43:21 PM »
Portugal.

Portuguese Penal Code - Article 118
Terms of prescription

1. The criminal proceedings extinguishes through the effect of prescription as soon as from the
exertion of the crime has elapsed the following terms:
a) 15 years, concerning crime punishable with prison penalty for a maximum limit superior to 10
years.
b) 10 years, when it concerns crimes punishable with prison penalties with a maximum term equal
or superior to 5 years, but not exceeding 10 years.
c) 5 years, when it concerns crimes punishable with prison penalties with a maximum term equal or
superior to one year, but inferior to 5 years.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7626.0
So does the abduction, rape and murder of a child only attract a 10 year sentence in Portugal?  It wouldn’t surprise me of course.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #5703 on: November 11, 2019, 06:49:52 PM »
So does the abduction, rape and murder of a child only attract a 10 year sentence in Portugal?  It wouldn’t surprise me of course.

You appear to have misread barriers post.  Try point 1a again.
What's up, old man?

Offline Anthro

« Reply #5704 on: November 11, 2019, 07:13:46 PM »
‘What if OG have no evidence Madeleine left Portugal, what then’?

And on the flipside, what if OG have evidence that Madeleine left Portugal alive?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5705 on: November 11, 2019, 07:15:08 PM »
You appear to have misread barriers post.  Try point 1a again.
So I have, I guess it was the gobbledygoogletranslate that threw me.  So murderers and child abductor/rapists get a free pass after 15 years?  That’s appalling IMO.   

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5706 on: November 11, 2019, 07:21:53 PM »

And on the flipside, what if OG have evidence that Madeleine left Portugal alive?

Yeah right!

There's more evidence of Father Christmas.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Anthro

« Reply #5707 on: November 11, 2019, 07:30:53 PM »
‘There's more evidence of Father Christmas.’

If this is your conviction, please share with the rest of us, how you got to that conclusion. You must have some premise on which you base your words.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5708 on: November 11, 2019, 07:44:00 PM »
‘There's more evidence of Father Christmas.’

If this is your conviction, please share with the rest of us, how you got to that conclusion. You must have some premise on which you base your words.

It's quite simple really.
I know bullshit when I hear it, like the McCanns abduction fairytale for example.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5709 on: November 11, 2019, 07:51:41 PM »

The crime still comes under Portuguese jurisdiction.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Anthro

« Reply #5710 on: November 11, 2019, 08:02:10 PM »
‘It's quite simple really.
I know bullshit when I hear it, like the McCanns abduction fairytale for example’.

Thank you. Then I know how to interpret your posts.

Offline barrier

« Reply #5711 on: November 12, 2019, 05:36:08 PM »

Rowley 2017,we have no definitive evidence if she is alive or dead,given they had a high profile dig in front of the world's press,wonder where their thoughts are.
Something/someone somewhere must have convinced them to dig the waste land,something/someone somewhere must have convinced the police to excavate in the Needham case,someone/something somewhere must have convinced the police to recently dig a garden and field in the search for Suzi lamplugh.
Not alot or even any sign the police looked elsewhere in the Madeleine case.
What did Smithman do with the body,its the key and always as been and will be,all imo one understands.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5712 on: November 12, 2019, 05:39:57 PM »

Discussion about the latest news.  Not Search Related.

Off Topic Posts will be removed.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #5713 on: November 12, 2019, 09:04:43 PM »
Rowley 2017,we have no definitive evidence if she is alive or dead,given they had a high profile dig in front of the world's press,wonder where their thoughts are.
Something/someone somewhere must have convinced them to dig the waste land,something/someone somewhere must have convinced the police to excavate in the Needham case,someone/something somewhere must have convinced the police to recently dig a garden and field in the search for Suzi lamplugh.
Not alot or even any sign the police looked elsewhere in the Madeleine case.
What did Smithman do with the body,its the key and always as been and will be,all imo one understands.

I tend to agree that Smithman is a key player, even Amaral thought so. Redwood must have also been convinced so little wonder that they dug up parts of the scrubland bordering the beach beyond the point where Smithman was seen. She could well have been dumped there but later moved.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 09:07:43 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #5714 on: November 13, 2019, 12:43:08 PM »
That's a good point. A body could have been hidden anywhere for a short time and later moved way before the dogs arrived.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.