Author Topic: Netflix to air new documentary about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.  (Read 77322 times)

Offline misty

Hypothetically I suppose it would

Would the Hague Convention rules come into play, with both UK & USA being signatories, thus allowing hypothetical action also involving Netflix to be taken in UK?

Offline misty

You don't suppose Sonia Poulton could have anything to do with this, anyone?

If she was involved I think we would have heard, via the usual sources. IMO this latest effort, if condensed into one or two episodes, will be little more than a résumé of events to date for the unitiated, with a few new interviews thrown in for good measure.

Online Eleanor

If she was involved I think we would have heard, via the usual sources. IMO this latest effort, if condensed into one or two episodes, will be little more than a résumé of events to date for the unitiated, with a few new interviews thrown in for good measure.

Boring, in other words?

Offline Brietta

I'm incredulous that anyone would imagine in their wildest dreams that Kate and Gerry or anyone at all with Madeleine's best interests at heart would give legitimacy to what is essentially an entertainment programme by taking part.

I don't think such a 'documentary' should be contemplated at this stage in time while the police are actively working on a criminal case on Madeleine's behalf.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

I'm incredulous that anyone would imagine in their wildest dreams that Kate and Gerry or anyone at all with Madeleine's best interests at heart would give legitimacy to what is essentially an entertainment programme by taking part.

I don't think such a 'documentary' should be contemplated at this stage in time while the police are actively working on a criminal case on Madeleine's behalf.

Do you feel the same about Summers and wife’s repackaging  of their book on the McCann case as an audiobook ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

Do you feel the same about Summers and wife’s repackaging  of their book on the McCann case as an audiobook ?

perhaps theyve done it for those who are so blind they cannot see

Offline faithlilly

perhaps theyve done it for those who are so blind they cannot see

But there’s an investigation going on, surely they shouldn’t ( according to Brietta’s logic) be jeopardising that in any way ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Mr Gray

But there’s an investigation going on, surely they shouldn’t ( according to Brietta’s logic) be jeopardising that in any way ?

you should not be so critical of those trying to help you....worth a listen
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 02:17:59 PM by Davel »

Offline faithlilly

you should not be so critical of those trying to help you....worth a listen

Not exactly sure what you mean but I think you’re simply trying to avoid answering the question as is your wont.

Offline Mr Gray

Not exactly sure what you mean but I think you’re simply trying to avoid answering the question as is your wont.

im not trying to avoid anything so im afraid you are on the wrong track...and probably the wrong train

Offline faithlilly

im not trying to avoid anything so im afraid you are on the wrong track...and probably the wrong train

Okkkaayyy, wasted enough of my afternoon here.

Online Eleanor

Okkkaayyy, wasted enough of my afternoon here.

Nooo, please don't go.  What will I do with myself?

Offline faithlilly

Nooo, please don't go.  What will I do with myself?

It is a bit slow, isn’t it  8(8-))

Online Eleanor

It is a bit slow, isn’t it  8(8-))

Yep.  I'm watching Shakespeare and Hathaway myself.  But I've only got a couple of episodes left.

Offline faithlilly

Yep.  I'm watching Shakespeare and Hathaway myself.  But I've only got a couple of episodes left.

Never watch it....is it good ? Endeavour is my particular favourite of the genre....unfortunately it’s the last episode tonight !