Author Topic: Corona Virus; Tips and info  (Read 25724 times)

Offline sadie

Re: Corona Virus; Tips and info
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2020, 11:18:00 PM »
I wonder too, Kizzy

I think that maybe we a bit complacent here believing what the authoroties tell us all the time.   

I actually like whistle blowers, but not if they jeopardize the country; it has to be done in the right way.  But don't ask me what the right way is, cos I haven't a clue tbh.

Some of these whistle blowers are, it appears, so clever.  It is a shame that their abilities cannot be used productively for The Countries good.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2020, 06:28:43 AM »

I have been ordered by The French Government and my son to stay at home. although I have to admit that my son was a bit behind The Government.

Phew, what a relief.  I never have been one of The World's great shoppers, finding the whole business extremely boring, especially Toilet Rolls.

So for the next four weeks, hopefully longer, i don't have to go out at all, except into the garden which happens to be in serious need of a bit of effort after the endless rain and the dog dug it up.

Yesterday I planted 15 Broad Bean Seeds and five Seed Potatoes, all in pots, which the dog hasn't yet discovered how to dig up.  In fact he climbed into one of them last week and then couldn't get out.  I should have left him there, rotten little swine, but he looked so pathetic that I was moved to rescue him.  He has since dug two more blimmin great holes in his relentless pursuit of Badgers.  I've told him we haven't got any, but he doesn't believe me.

Can you keep an eye out for him please, Rob.  He is an exceedingly beautiful, short haired, snake eyed Dachshund who loves everybody and without a nasty bone in his body.  Nope, you can't keep him, but you could hang on to him for a bit, until he grows up, if ever.

This would have been a Blog, if I could get into it, but I can't at the moment for some strange reason, so you will have to forgive me for going a bit Off Topic.  The need to Blog occasionally overwhelms me.

Offline Carana

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2020, 04:24:02 PM »
The advice from the WHO is to "test, test, test" but unless you are at deaths door you can't get a test here in the UK.

Don't faint, either, John. I agree with you for once. ;)

https://twitter.com/OxfordDiplomat/status/1240776914693951496

Offline Carana

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2020, 06:27:33 PM »
Useful tips, sadie!  8@??)(

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2020, 06:39:42 AM »
as I posted on another thread:

"What I have been trying is using a 0.5% Hydrogen Peroxide solution intranasally at least 2 pumps per nostril.   There hasn't been any burning or ill effects from this strength.

0.5% is a 1/6 strength of the commonly retailed 3% solution.  I have tried hourly sprays or 4 sprays before and after going out into the community.

I can wash my hands and using this I can wash my nasal passages.   Best of luck."

Does anyone have any comments to make about this?   My son tried a 1% spray and found it slightly burning.  So please don't use full strength (3%) or if you do be careful.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2020, 07:58:05 AM »

"What I have been trying is using a 0.5% Hydrogen Peroxide solution intranasally at least 2 pumps per nostril.   There hasn't been any burning or ill effects from this strength.

0.5% is a 1/6 strength of the commonly retailed 3% solution.  I have tried hourly sprays or 4 sprays before and after going out into the community.

I can wash my hands and using this I can wash my nasal passages.   Best of luck."

Does anyone have any comments to make about this?   My son tried a 1% spray and found it slightly burning.  So please don't use full strength (3%) or if you do be careful.

I read somewhere that if you feel a cold or flu coming on then put two or three drops of slightly diluted 3% Hydrogen Peroxide in each ear.

I tried this once and whatever it was went away almost immediately.  I also sometimes gargle with the same solution.  It is best to dilute it.

Ears, Nose and Throat if anyone needs reminding.

Thanks, Rob.  An often ignored remedy.  I did tell someone else about this but they fell about laughing.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2020, 08:08:07 AM »

It)s not going to kill the Covid-19 virus.  I have used over the counter nasal sprays like this before and they had little or no effect in halting the symptoms of a common cold.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Myster

« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2020, 08:14:28 AM »
I read somewhere that if you feel a cold or flu coming on then put two or three drops of slightly diluted 3% Hydrogen Peroxide in each ear.

I tried this once and whatever it was went away almost immediately.  I also sometimes gargle with the same solution.  It is best to dilute it.

Ears, Nose and Throat if anyone needs reminding.

Thanks, Rob.  An often ignored remedy.  I did tell someone else about this but they fell about laughing.
Best not tell everyone or else supermarket shelves will be drained of H2O2 as well... https://drdefino.com/hydrogen-peroxide
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2020, 08:26:44 AM »
It)s not going to kill the Covid-19 virus.  I have used over the counter nasal sprays like this before and they had little or no effect in halting the symptoms of a common cold.
Even if you wash your hands you could still catch a cold.  Look I'm thinking of a way to prevent the initial infection.  Use it before you get sick rather than to cure it. 
Maybe I'll need to spray into my ears as well just in case.  Hand spray onto my hands, nasal spray up my nose and into my ears.   But I'm being very cautious and only using a 0.5% solution.

Thanks for the discussion.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2020, 08:32:37 AM »
Best not tell everyone or else supermarket shelves will be drained of H2O2 as well... https://drdefino.com/hydrogen-peroxide

There you go.  Perhaps not as daft as I sound.  Better check if I've got any.

Offline Carana

« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2020, 11:40:52 AM »
Careful guys: there are loads of quack recipes going around that are either useless or could cause damage.

On the other thread, I posted the WHO recipe for hand sanitizer. And that's an emergency option to actually washing your hands properly with soap.

Posting it here as well.

https://www.who.int/gpsc/5may/Guide_to_Local_Production.pdf

It looks complicated (the vats and what-not are intended for largish quantities for bush dispensaries), but it's not hard to make at home in much smaller quantities.

Offline Carana

« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2020, 12:20:15 PM »
The WHO is trying to keep with COVID19-related myths. Check here:

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/myth-busters

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2020, 02:54:03 PM »
The WHO is trying to keep with COVID19-related myths. Check here:

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/myth-busters
That was interesting Carana for the WHO didn't say it would not help.   Saline and the action of Peroxide (H2O2) are completely different.   H2O2 is known to kill viruses, but I'm unaware that salt does the same.

Nothing in the WHO article specifically mentioned H2O2.

"Can regularly rinsing your nose with saline help prevent infection with the new coronavirus?
No. There is no evidence that regularly rinsing the nose with saline has protected people from infection with the new coronavirus.

There is some limited evidence that regularly rinsing nose with saline can help people recover more quickly from the common cold. However, regularly rinsing the nose has not been shown to prevent respiratory infections."

In fact, I think we are all going to have to face the virus before long so I'm thinking we all need to get infected over a period of time preferably with a mild dose of  Covid 19 rather than a severe dose.  The secret will be to discover how to keep yourself in the "70% who get over it easily" group.  That's IMO any way.
Moderation

Offline Carana

« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2020, 05:12:26 PM »
Rob

From the hand sanitizer recipe: Hydrogen peroxide: used to inactivate contaminating bacterial  spores in the solution and is not an active substance for  hand [ censored word]epsis.

Offline Carana

« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2020, 05:20:56 PM »
The most important thing is to stop the virus getting into your body in the first place.

Washing your hands isn't just a matter of flicking them under a tap. Here's a little video:
https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1241177007305744384