Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591480 times)

Offline misty

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #2160 on: February 03, 2016, 02:15:27 AM »
601 to 605 are ground floor Misty.
606 is first floor, east end, diners were on that round balcony above that path where it narrows.

Thanks for confirming that - I couldn't decipher any numbering on the g/f apartments using the dreaded G/E.
I wonder why they opted for a first floor apartment instead of, say, 603 which had also been vacated?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2161 on: February 03, 2016, 02:26:56 AM »
Thanks for confirming that - I couldn't decipher any numbering on the g/f apartments using the dreaded G/E.
I wonder why they opted for a first floor apartment instead of, say, 603 which had also been vacated?
Because 606 is bigger than 603 Misty.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2162 on: February 03, 2016, 12:42:42 PM »
Because 606 is bigger than 603 Misty.

Added to which 603 was booked again from 5th -12th May. Block 6 seems to have had three MW apartments; 603, 606 and 607.

I'm glad I wasn't going to block 6 looking for an apartment. Apparently it was numbered left to right 1-5 as you viewed it from the road in front of the car park. Having found number 5, I would expect 6 to be nearby, but it's on the other end of the block on the first floor above number 1. Above number 5 is 610, apparently.

606 Berry MW
607 Brain MW
608 Thomas Cook
610 Privately owned.

FIY a visitor to 605 left at 10pm. She saw nothing, no people, no searching;
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARIA-M-M-DE-SILVA.htm

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2163 on: February 03, 2016, 01:18:58 PM »
Do you realise that GM was the first person to search the carpark south of block 6?

I've read the rogs and they searched inside the tapas area - pool, tennis courts, playground etc. Dianne was the only one still at the table. Jane was inside her apartment - the women went to their apartments to check on the children so that leaves the men. Dave & Matt said they were searching inside the tapas area. Russ was searching the gardens in blocks 5 and 4. Nobody was searching block 6 from their rog interviews. After they reconvened (Dave, Matt, Russ & Fiona) they went down as far as Baptista supermarket. Fiona then sent Matt to go to main reception to call the police at around 10:10 and Fiona went to 5A and found Kate alone with the twins. No Gerry.

Gerry said he went to the main reception/night creche but nobody saw him. The first seen  at the night creche was that parent (mother) who told them about the missing child at around 10:05pm (possibly DB?). NOT Gerry he wasn't seen. Coming back from the main reception using the normal shortcut route brings you towards apartment 606 balcony where NB & RB heard/saw him searching. The important thing here is the other possibility of coming back when seen. Coming back from where would be my next question if he wasn't seen at the main reception as he said (he went there much later to call the police)? The MW paper NB & RB used in the searches points to 10:20 at the earliest. That's 25 minutes after the alarm was raised when he was seen.

"When asked why instead of scouring the land next to the complex they stayed inside the apartment, he replies that it did not happen that way.

While the guests and employees of the resort were searching, he went to the main Reception to check whether they had called the Police, and told Kate to wait inside the apartment. After going to the Reception he went back to the apartment where he stayed in the living room and in their bedroom."

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN-ARGUIDO.htm

MW Emma Knight first arrived at 5A at around 10:20 to get a description of the missing child and only Kate and Fiona were there. Not Gerry. Gerry didn't say he was searching the tapas area and other blocks like the others were doing. Only that whilst they were searching he went to main reception to call the police and coming back from there leads you straight to balcony 606.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 01:53:16 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2164 on: February 03, 2016, 01:55:36 PM »
After 10.15pm at the earliest then? Guests and employees weren't searching before then according to Dianne who saw no-one when she had a trot down the road at some point after staying behind at the table. Matt went to Reception at 10.10pm to ask for the Police to be called, so Gerry went after that to see if they'd done it. The receptionist, of course, mentioned neither of them.

While the guests and employees of the resort were searching, he went to the main Reception  to check whether they had called the Police
Result = happy posting.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2165 on: February 03, 2016, 02:04:55 PM »
After 10.15pm at the earliest then? Guests and employees weren't searching before then according to Dianne who saw no-one when she had a trot down the road at some point after staying behind at the table. Matt went to Reception at 10.10pm to ask for the Police to be called, so Gerry went after that to see if they'd done it. The receptionist, of course, mentioned neither of them.

While the guests and employees of the resort were searching, he went to the main Reception  to check whether they had called the Police

Yes and I know he wasn't in the apartment when Dianne first went there about 5 minutes after the alarm. He wasn't there when Emma Knight arrived at 10:20. So he was somewhere!
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2166 on: February 03, 2016, 03:38:59 PM »
Yes and I know he wasn't in the apartment when Dianne first went there about 5 minutes after the alarm. He wasn't there when Emma Knight arrived at 10:20. So he was somewhere!

Rachael said in her Rog that she and Gerry searched the upper floors of Block 5 at 10.30pm. When the alarm was raised they all ran back. Gerry, Kate, Dave and Fiona went up the steps and into the apartment. Russ and Matt quickly checked the garden of 5A. Then she and Matt walked round to their apartment to check their daughter, and she stayed there. Matt went to call the Police and Dave and Russ went to search the roads. Rachael hung around near her doorway and spoke to Jane who was doing the same. She seems to be saying that Gerry was there too;

I was kind of talk to Gerry and then every now and then I'd go back and check on Grace, erm at one point, probably not that long after, maybe about ten thirty or something, Gerry and I looked at, up at the stairwell and kind of across all the floors of the block that we were in, erm and that was really the, that was all the searching that I really did, just up the stairs, I think they were five floors or something'.

1578 'And that was just you and''
 Reply 'And Gerry'.
1578 'And what time was this''
 Reply 'Erm I mean that would have been you know about half ten or something like that, erm and then'.
 1578 'What was Gerry saying''
 Reply 'Erm I don't know, I don't remember, erm no I don't remember in particular, erm'.
1578 'And how long did you spend doing that search''
 Reply 'It was just really a quick you know, it would have been about five minutes, it was just up the flights and along the, you know the sort of verandas in front of the apartments,
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RACHAEL-OLDFIELD-ROGATORY.htm

Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2167 on: February 03, 2016, 05:56:57 PM »
The Aerobics instructor could move;

at 09.30 she walked to Lagos from where she returned at about 11.30 and at about 11.45 went for lunch at the Tapas restaurant. (she left from the Millenium)
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/NAJOUA_CHEKAYA.htm

I believe it takes at least an hour, probably more to walk this distance. Was she walking for exercise or for business of some kind I wonder. Exercise would suggest a fast pace purely for the value of the exercise. If she had a reason to go to Lagos she had no time to spend there.
Result = happy posting.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2168 on: February 04, 2016, 05:21:28 PM »
Added to which 603 was booked again from 5th -12th May. Block 6 seems to have had three MW apartments; 603, 606 and 607.

I'm glad I wasn't going to block 6 looking for an apartment. Apparently it was numbered left to right 1-5 as you viewed it from the road in front of the car park. Having found number 5, I would expect 6 to be nearby, but it's on the other end of the block on the first floor above number 1. Above number 5 is 610, apparently.

606 Berry MW
607 Brain MW
608 Thomas Cook
610 Privately owned.

FIY a visitor to 605 left at 10pm. She saw nothing, no people, no searching;
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARIA-M-M-DE-SILVA.htm
The blocks are all numbered the same way.  As you look at them from the front, they are numbered L to R, then up a level and L to R etc.

I am doing this from memory, so don't rely upon this should it be important.  I believe the one above 605 is 609.
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2169 on: February 04, 2016, 06:18:00 PM »
The first media to be informed were the BBC, by Rachael, so their information was from 'the horses mouth', so to speak;

'At around quarter-to-ten last night, her mother, Kate McCann, discovered her daughter wasn't there' BBC Radio 4 - Today Programme

0830 - 0900peak. (4th May)

That rather destroys the PJ's belief that Gerry was seated in the Tapas at 10pm.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2170 on: February 04, 2016, 06:29:19 PM »
The first media to be informed were the BBC, by Rachael, so their information was from 'the horses mouth', so to speak;

'At around quarter-to-ten last night, her mother, Kate McCann, discovered her daughter wasn't there' BBC Radio 4 - Today Programme

0830 - 0900peak. (4th May)

That rather destroys the PJ's belief that Gerry was seated in the Tapas at 10pm.

no it doesn't

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2171 on: February 04, 2016, 09:13:33 PM »
no it doesn't

"When asked, he says that on 3rd May he only remembers that one guest from the table left for about 10 minutes, given that when he was about to serve the respective plate he was told to hold the food back for a few minutes, and that it was about 15 minutes before the guest returned, at about 21.45."

Dinner would end at about 21.45, a few minutes later the witness looked at the table and saw that there was nobody there and one of his colleagues told them that all the guests had left the table in a hurry. In any case, he remembers having heard shouts from the direction of Madeleine's parents' apartment."

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RICARDO-A-D-L-OLIVEIRA.htm

By the way, he clarifies that that news had been communicated to all the friends who were in the Tapas by Kate McCann subsequent to her having personally been to her flat to check that her children were well.

The question asked, he relates that she had gone there alone to do that at 21:50.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MATTHEW-OLDFIELD-10MAY.htm

Regarding the 3rd of May, 2007, she went, with all her family, to eat at the Dolphin restaurant, which is close to Kelly's Bar. When they left the restaurant, around 21H30, they headed toward Kelly's Bar. They stayed there for about 30 minutes.
— Around 22H00, they left Kelly's Bar. The group headed, on foot, for their apartment.
Aoife Smith
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_SMITH.htm
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 09:19:09 PM by pathfinder73 »

Offline Lace

« Reply #2172 on: February 05, 2016, 09:48:15 AM »
Another discrepancy.

"Madeleine and Ella and their sort of group came to have a tennis lesson as part of their creche activities, erm and Kate didn't have her camera and Jane was there then as well and Jane took some photos of both Madeleine and Ella, thats one, that poster of Madeleine with the tennis balls, that sort of pictures'."

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RACHAEL-OLDFIELD-ROGATORY.htm

"I ran back to our apartment for my camera to record the occasion. One of my photographs is known around the world now: a smiling Madeleine clutching armfuls of tennis balls." (Madeleine by KM)

I think it's TUE morning. Raining on WED morning from interviews and weather chart.

Picky,    to me it's innocent enough,   Jane took a picture of Madeleine with tennis balls,   Kate ran back for her camera and took a picture of Madeleine with tennis balls,   so what?

Offline Benice

« Reply #2173 on: February 05, 2016, 10:08:06 AM »
Picky,    to me it's innocent enough,   Jane took a picture of Madeleine with tennis balls,   Kate ran back for her camera and took a picture of Madeleine with tennis balls,   so what?

Exactly.  Rachael remembers Jane taking several photos of Madeleine and Ella and that Kate ran back for her camera and also took photos.     Rachael thinks it could be Jane who took the photo of Madeleine - Kate knows it was herself - presumably because it was on her camera.

Are we supposed to be reading something sinister into this?  If so what is it?

Talk about mega nitpicking.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Lace

« Reply #2174 on: February 05, 2016, 10:33:49 AM »
Exactly.  Rachael remembers Jane taking several photos of Madeleine and Ella and that Kate ran back for her camera and also took photos.     Rachael thinks it could be Jane who took the photo of Madeleine - Kate knows it was herself - presumably because it was on her camera.

Are we supposed to be reading something sinister into this?  If so what is it?

Talk about mega nitpicking.

I can't believe how hunt for things that could show the McCann's up as liars,   why on earth would they lie about something like that?    Ridiculous.