Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 590448 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #2190 on: February 05, 2016, 11:59:32 PM »
Why the superfluous epithet?

Its a FACT that at least  half the tapas group didnt know what day it was or even what hour at any given time in their interviews both in portugal AND the UK!

Pointless witnesses for the most part.

from the poster who thought the prime minister and hundreds of MPs had signed bennet's petition
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 01:07:47 AM by Admin »

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #2191 on: February 06, 2016, 12:05:14 AM »
Why the superfluous epithet?

Its a FACT that at least  half the tapas group didnt know what day it was or even what hour at any given time in their interviews both in portugal AND the UK!

Pointless witnesses for the most part.

I was addressing G-Unit who seemed to be suggesting that she would be less likely to accept the word of these witnesses than would the Metropolitan Police or the Policia Judiciara, giving me the impression that she believes herself to be a more discerning interlocutor and judge than either of those two organisations.  Like that or lump it.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 01:07:06 AM by Admin »

Offline mercury

« Reply #2192 on: February 06, 2016, 12:07:56 AM »
I was addressing G-Unit who seemed to be suggesting that she would be less likely to accept the word of these witnesses than would the Metropolitan Police or the Policia Judiciara, giving me the impression that she believes herself to be a more discerning interlocutor and judge than either of those two organisations.  Like that or lump it.

The Pj/UK polices views on these so called witnesses is not known so youre not really in any position to judge in any case are you?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 01:08:25 AM by Admin »

Offline Benice

« Reply #2193 on: February 06, 2016, 09:57:31 AM »
The Pj/UK polices views on these so called witnesses is not known so youre not really in any position to judge in any case are you?

I think it's safe to assume they found the McCanns and their friends to be credible witnesses - otherwise they would not have been ruled out of the investigation by both police forces.

The fallibility of memory when it comes to recall by witnesses is well known to the police.  They regard it as normal.    But unlike some sceptics - they regard it as normal for all human beings - and not all human beings except the McCanns and Co.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

stephen25000

« Reply #2194 on: February 06, 2016, 10:26:56 AM »
I think it's safe to assume they found the McCanns and their friends to be credible witnesses - otherwise they would not have been ruled out of the investigation by both police forces.

The fallibility of memory when it comes to recall by witnesses is well known to the police.  They regard it as normal.    But unlike some sceptics - they regard it as normal for all human beings - and not all human beings except the McCanns and Co.

When were the mccanns and co., questioned by SY ?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2195 on: February 06, 2016, 10:41:55 AM »
what experience do you have in collating witness statements....none

When what people say doesn't make sense they are either idiots or there's something they don't want to tell you. How do I know this? I'm married and I brought up three kids.

If someone plays tennis for an hour each day for four days it's difficult to believe they've forgotten which of their friends was playing.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline jassi

« Reply #2196 on: February 06, 2016, 10:43:26 AM »
When were the mccanns and co., questioned by SY ?

Nobody knows. Perhaps its just a myth.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2197 on: February 06, 2016, 10:48:44 AM »
that makes you superior to the PJ and SY does it?

I couldn't possibly claim that Alfred, but thank you for the compliment. Do you see the amount of points you have been awarded for breaking the forum rules as some kind of badge of honour by the way? You seem inexplicably proud of them.

Result = happy posting.

stephen25000

« Reply #2198 on: February 06, 2016, 10:52:00 AM »

Yet the questioning of other 'persons of interest', was made widely known. &%+((£

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2199 on: February 06, 2016, 10:53:25 AM »

I have never heard either police force state that they have 'ruled out' the T9. I have heard only Redwood's statement that they were not suspects or persons of interest, which could be related to his remit.
Result = happy posting.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #2200 on: February 06, 2016, 11:05:47 AM »
I couldn't possibly claim that Alfred, but thank you for the compliment. Do you see the amount of points you have been awarded for breaking the forum rules as some kind of badge of honour by the way? You seem inexplicably proud of them.
I wasn't complimenting you, I was asking you.  I consider your second & third sentences as an attempt to goad me and take this thread off topic.  I would report it but it would be pointless (literally in your case!)

Offline Benice

« Reply #2201 on: February 06, 2016, 11:10:54 AM »

In these cases the parents/family close friends are always the first people to be investigated - and ruled in or out.

In this case the parents were known to have already been the prime suspects by another police force.   Even more reason therefore to make absolutely sure that there was nothing to substantiate those suspicions - and to rule them in or out before they did anything else.       Policemen are trained to observe and make assessments of witnesses.   There is no credible reason imo why SY should decide not to meet them or interview  them. 

Common sense please.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #2202 on: February 06, 2016, 11:12:00 AM »
For some inexplicable reason my perfectly civil and on topic response to your post was deleted in its entirety whilst your less than civil post above was allowed to remain, albeit edited to remove the incivility.  A terrific example of the bias that now permeates this board, sadly.

Anyway, I shall repeat what I said in the hopes that it will get though (not holding my breath).  My intital remark was addressed to G-Unit, which you seized upon in order to mount an attack.  As my original point was directed at G-Unit who wrote "Both the PJ and SY seem to have accepted the group's statements about the checking timeline" may I suggest that you re-address your question above to her, and not me.  Many thanks.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #2203 on: February 06, 2016, 11:15:07 AM »
When what people say doesn't make sense they are either idiots or there's something they don't want to tell you. How do I know this? I'm married and I brought up three kids.

If someone plays tennis for an hour each day for four days it's difficult to believe they've forgotten which of their friends was playing.
Did they play tennis with the exact same people on each day?  When people misremember details of what they did a few days, months or years ago, I don't believe that they are either idiots or withholding information from me, I just think they're normal human beings who get muddled sometimes.  I guess this makes me some sort of idiot too, in your opinion!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2204 on: February 06, 2016, 11:19:44 AM »
I wasn't complimenting you, I was asking you.  I consider your second & third sentences as an attempt to goad me and take this thread off topic.  I would report it but it would be pointless (literally in your case!)

I answered you, too. How can I be goading when you're advertising your failure to keep within the rules? I was curious as to why you seem proud of the fact, that's all

Instead of attempting to answer my points you (subtly) accuse me of thinking I'm superior to the police. Isn't that goading? Reporting people isn't my style, however, so don't worry.

Perhaps you could try to explain why someone who plays tennis every day for an hour thinks a friend played too when she didn't? Not just an acquaintance, either. the friend who is the closest friend out of the group.
Result = happy posting.