Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 588910 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #2220 on: February 07, 2016, 11:34:13 AM »
Well obviously the have interviewed all relevant people,  such as waiters etc. and come to the conclusion that what the parents and friends have said is correct.

For a start the McCann's say the police were rang at about 10 past 10,   who is to say that SY have not spoken to reception and that the person who was asked to ring the police has said that in fact he didn't,  that he instead got in touch with the person the OC uses in these circumstances,  as they have [according to one of the nannies] had children go missing before.

All witnesses would have been interviewed and that is how they come to a conclusion.
They could also have got in touch with the waiter who served them dinner,  he could confirm what time they ordered dinner etc.

All the people interviewed by the PJ on behalf of Operation Grange have been listed in the media. None of them were waiters or receptionists.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Lace

« Reply #2221 on: February 07, 2016, 11:46:48 AM »
All the people interviewed by the PJ on behalf of Operation Grange have been listed in the media. None of them were waiters or receptionists.

The only people listed in the media that I have seen have been those who have been suspects.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2222 on: February 07, 2016, 11:59:54 AM »
The only people listed in the media that I have seen have been those who have been suspects.

Were John and Donna Hill suspects? They were interviewed I believe.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Lace

« Reply #2223 on: February 07, 2016, 12:10:48 PM »
Were John and Donna Hill suspects? They were interviewed I believe.

Sorry could you give a link to the interview between John and Donna Hill and SY,  G-Unit?    It doesn't ring a bell with me.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2224 on: February 07, 2016, 02:53:12 PM »
Sorry could you give a link to the interview between John and Donna Hill and SY,  G-Unit?    It doesn't ring a bell with me.

Did it happen? I don't know for sure, but Murat was I think;

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/414886/hunt-woman-cop-maddie
Result = happy posting.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #2225 on: February 07, 2016, 03:01:31 PM »
Can you post a link to this definitive list of all individuals interviewed by Op Grange and the PJ please.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2226 on: February 07, 2016, 04:05:40 PM »
The 11 people interviewed in Dec 2014, shortly before DCI redwood were interviewed as witnesses, not as arguidos.  John Hill and Donna Hill were amongst those.

I remember writing articles on my blog about who was being interviewed, why they most likely (in my thoughts) were being interviewed, and what it told us about the OG investigation.

From memory, the media was speculating that John Hill was to be asked about (possibly amongst other things) the alleged missing ring of keys for all the OC properties in block 5.

I can't remember what I actually came up with.

If it is particularly important, I'll have a rootle around in my files to see whether I have a reliable link for John and Donna.

The simple summary is that Operation Grange was still doing a wide spread trawl, as opposed to a sharply focussed operation.
What's up, old man?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2227 on: February 07, 2016, 05:52:46 PM »
I think it's safe to assume they found the McCanns and their friends to be credible witnesses - otherwise they would not have been ruled out of the investigation by both police forces.

The fallibility of memory when it comes to recall by witnesses is well known to the police.  They regard it as normal.    But unlike some sceptics - they regard it as normal for all human beings - and not all human beings except the McCanns and Co.

In that case SY cannot say there was a window of opportunity.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #2228 on: February 07, 2016, 06:07:54 PM »
In that case SY cannot say there was a window of opportunity.
Why not?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2229 on: February 07, 2016, 06:28:30 PM »
Why not?

If we accept that due to human fallibility all the timings where at best approximate, no one can say if there was a gap for anyone to remove Madeleine from the apartment.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #2230 on: February 07, 2016, 10:44:34 PM »
If we accept that due to human fallibility all the timings where at best approximate, no one can say if there was a gap for anyone to remove Madeleine from the apartment.
If the police have pieced together a sequence of events, of who said who was where relative to each other then exact timings would not be essential.  It would still be possible to work out a window of opportunity.  It's where a computer like HOLMES that is able to process such information comes into its own, processing all the variables and coming out with the most logical sequence of events.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2231 on: February 20, 2016, 03:31:49 AM »
"When G phoned Leicestershire police to speak to DC Johnson, they were puzzled. They said ... they had no DC Johnson working for them".

But there is a statement by DC Johnson in the files

Offline misty

« Reply #2232 on: February 20, 2016, 11:39:48 AM »
"When G phoned Leicestershire police to speak to DC Johnson, they were puzzled. They said ... they had no DC Johnson working for them".

But there is a statement by DC Johnson in the files

Human error, probably. Maybe a new telephonist who didn't check the CID list of employees.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2233 on: February 20, 2016, 04:26:34 PM »
Human error, probably. Maybe a new telephonist who didn't check the CID list of employees.
DC Johnson was a family liaison officer in PDL therefore had spoken with the couple in May 2007
"I was sent to Portugal in the official role of liaison officer to the McCann family"

The officer definitely exists, therefore the statement in the book (that the phonecall to Canade was a made by a dishonest journalist impersonating a non-existent police officer) is incorrect.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 04:29:36 PM by pegasus »

Offline Carana

« Reply #2234 on: February 20, 2016, 04:33:25 PM »
DC Johnson was a family liaison officer in PDL therefore had spoken with the couple in May 2007
"I was sent to Portugal in the official role of liaison officer to the McCann family"

The officer definitely exists, therefore the statement in the book (that the phonecall to Canade was a made by a dishonest journalist impersonating a non-existent police officer) is incorrect.

is Johnson an unusual name?

What were the officers first names?