Author Topic: Hiding a body in the hope it will be found.  (Read 8457 times)

Alfred R Jones

Re: Hiding a body in the hope it will be found.
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2016, 10:44:11 PM »
Let me save Alfie the bother. I believe that the body could have been concealed in a large municipal bin by one of the perpetrators connected to the disappearance. The body could have been concealed  there to create distance between the perpetrator and the crime. During the searches that intevitably followed the prepetrator I believe expected the body to be found. The blame for any injuries, sedation etc could then be levelled at an  'abductor'. Unfortunately the perpetrator did not know that the bins would be emptied before the body was found.
Would the perpetrator feel confounded that his cunning plan backfired in this instance do you think? 

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2016, 10:58:04 PM »
Incidentally I have googled the hell out of this and have yet to come across any case in which someone responsible for a death has placed a body somewhere not far from the crime scene where they expected it to be found, but perhaps I'm not putting the right phrases into the search engine.   And then we also have the issue of hiding the body somewhere close by expecting it to be found and raising the alarm at the same time.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2016, 11:25:10 PM »
Say the reason for death was a bang on the head, and a post-mortem revealed some sort of sedative also.  Body found within yards of the place it was last seen.  How would this necessarily get the other occupants of the property off the hook as far as the police investigation is concerned?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2016, 11:50:05 PM »
Thank you, much obliged.  Now can we turn to the purpose of the thread which is to look at cases where such a cunning plan has been put into action before.

I will right after you show me a case other than Madeleine's where a three year old British girl has vanished without trace from her holiday apartment.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

ferryman

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2016, 11:52:42 PM »
I will right after you show me a case other than Madeleine's where a three year old British girl has vanished without trace from her holiday apartment.

Will vanished with trace (thankfully found alive) from the ground floor (indeed bath) of a one-story flat, while all the family were in, do?

Peter Voisey serves time for that crime.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2016, 12:05:22 AM »
Will vanished with trace (thankfully found alive) from the ground floor (indeed bath) of a one-story flat, while all the family were in, do?

Peter Voisey serves time for that crime.

Nope.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2016, 12:09:23 AM »
That's a very specific demand.  I can show you a case of a two year old British boy vanishing without trace from the home of his family in Greece, which is pretty close.  I can also show you the case of another young girl who vanished without trace not two years before Madeleine, from a location only a few miles from PdL.  Now, back to you - cases where bodies have been hidden with a specific intention of being discovered - don't have to be British, or three years old or on holiday to qualify.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 12:11:33 AM by Alfred R Jones »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2016, 12:20:36 AM »
That's a very specific demand.  I can show you a case of a two year old British boy vanishing without trace from the home of his family in Greece, which is pretty close.  I can also show you the case of another young girl who vanished without trace not two years before Madeleine, from a location only a few miles from PdL.  Now, back to you - cases where bodies have been hidden with a specific intention of being discovered - don't have to be British, or three years old or on holiday to qualify.

So can I take that as a no then ?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2016, 12:28:31 AM »
So can I take that as a no then ?
No you can't take it as a no, unless you want to be completely unreasonable about it.  I haven't laid down any parameters in my request - any examples of someone hiding any sort of body anywhere in the world with the specific intention of it being found will do.  I'm beginning to get the impression that you are deflecting....

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2016, 12:33:56 AM »
Will this thread still be here in the morning I ask myself, or will someone have pulled a few strings to get it removed...?
I guess we shall just have to wait and see....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2016, 12:40:48 AM »
No you can't take it as a no, unless you want to be completely unreasonable about it.  I haven't laid down any parameters in my request - any examples of someone hiding any sort of body anywhere in the world with the specific intention of it being found will do.  I'm beginning to get the impression that you are deflecting....

Tell me Alfie who are we to know what the person hiding the body's intention is ?

ferryman

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2016, 12:47:17 AM »
One question at a time.

How are we to know a body was hidden?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2016, 12:49:13 AM »
This thread doesn't make any sense. Why would you hide a body if you want it to be found? The reason you would hide is for it not to be found. A quickly found body can estimate time of death. Not too good for the perps if she was dead a while then you can  trace back to where she was at the time of death. Get Real Alfie.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2016, 12:51:36 AM »
This thread doesn't make any sense. Why would you hide a body if you want it to be found? The reason you would hide is for it not to be found. A quickly found body can estimate time of death. Not too good for the perps if she was dead a while then you can  trace back to where she was at the time of death. Get Real Alfie.

Not if you want to make it look like an abductor's hidden it there.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2016, 12:53:02 AM »
It's faith's theory Alfred is exploring ...

You hide because you are cocky enough to think you can do it and get away with it. Look for a cocky suspect in this case.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.