Author Topic: Could Madeleine McCann still be alive and well after 8 years?  (Read 40020 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Could Madeleine McCann still be alive and well after 8 years?
« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2016, 04:41:35 PM »
And I suppose, if we move a few years on, this hypothetical child might herself refuse to be tested.

Indeed, she might.  Nothing to be done about that.  But at least the child would then appear to be happy.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2016, 05:06:48 PM »
The lawyers then talked to us
about applying for an order to make Madeleine a
ward of court.
Wardship status gives the courts certain statutory
powers to act on a child’s behalf in any legal
disputes and to bypass some of the data-protection
laws that deal with access to information (hotel guest
records, for example, and airline passenger lists),
when knowledge of this information is considered to
be in the interests of the child in question. Such an
order could be useful in acquiring records not
otherwise available to us that might be relevant in
our case. We decided to proceed with an
application, which was granted in due course
Madeleine chapter 8.

They used the Ward of Court status to try to get the evidence held by Leicestershire Police, but it didn't work.

That is your interpretation of what The McCanns were trying to do.

Offline Benice

« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2016, 05:30:23 PM »
The lawyers then talked to us
about applying for an order to make Madeleine a
ward of court.
Wardship status gives the courts certain statutory
powers to act on a child’s behalf in any legal
disputes and to bypass some of the data-protection
laws that deal with access to information (hotel guest
records, for example, and airline passenger lists),
when knowledge of this information is considered to
be in the interests of the child in question. Such an
order could be useful in acquiring records not
otherwise available to us that might be relevant in
our case. We decided to proceed with an
application, which was granted in due course
Madeleine chapter 8.

They used the Ward of Court status to try to get the evidence held by Leicestershire Police, but it didn't work.

Yes I'm not disputing that G.   I just remembered reading about the other reason for the WoC status.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2016, 06:10:19 PM »
That is your interpretation of what The McCanns were trying to do.

On 22nd May 2007 an order was made requiring any person on whom the Order was served to disclose to the parents' solicitors any information which might assist in identifying Madeleine's whereabouts. Among the bodies on whom the Order was served was the Leicestershire Constabulary, who immediately expressed doubts as to whether the Order was intended to or could properly extend to them.

LP. The Attorney General and the Serious Organised Crimes Agency were all prepared to fight this Order through the courts, so the parents eventually withdrew the application. LP gave them 81 pieces of information (of 11,000 held) which had resulted from their solicitor's early appeals. The McCanns weren't happy but had to accept it on 7th July 2008.

At the same hearing the Order was changed so it no longer applied to any law enforcement agencies, including LP.
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id130.html

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2016, 06:13:32 PM »
On 22nd May 2007 an order was made requiring any person on whom the Order was served to disclose to the parents' solicitors any information which might assist in identifying Madeleine's whereabouts. Among the bodies on whom the Order was served was the Leicestershire Constabulary, who immediately expressed doubts as to whether the Order was intended to or could properly extend to them.

LP. The Attorney General and the Serious Organised Crimes Agency were all prepared to fight this Order through the courts, so the parents eventually withdrew the application. LP gave them 81 pieces of information (of 11,000 held) which had resulted from their solicitor's early appeals. The McCanns weren't happy but had to accept it on 7th July 2008.

At the same hearing the Order was changed so it no longer applied to any law enforcement agencies, including LP.
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id130.html

Exactly.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2016, 06:32:35 PM »
Drawing inferences from refusals is a slippery slope.

It's not Maddie: DNA tests prove New Zealand girl is not missing Madeleine McCann

• UK police requested a DNA sample from the girl
  • It follows latest 'sighting' on New Year's Eve in Queenstown last year
  • Girl is frequently mistaken for Madeleine, who vanished in 2007
  • She volunteered to undergo test to confirm she is not the missing girl

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
PUBLISHED: 09:41, 13 February 2013 | UPDATED: 11:02, 13 February 2

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2277943/Madeleine-McCann-DNA-tests-prove-New-Zealand-girl-NOT-missing-Maddie.html#ixzz3zym2TVZH

In accordance with the discussion re children's rights it seems this little girl was fed up being mistaken for Madeleine and had no problem having her cheek swabbed.

An interesting future situation might be were the parents opposed to acceding to the request but the child was willing to go ahead.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2016, 11:58:46 PM »

It's not Maddie: DNA tests prove New Zealand girl is not missing Madeleine McCann

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2277943/Madeleine-McCann-DNA-tests-prove-New-Zealand-girl-NOT-missing-Maddie.html#ixzz3zym2TVZH

In accordance with the discussion re children's rights it seems this little girl was fed up being mistaken for Madeleine and had no problem having her cheek swabbed.

An interesting future situation might be were the parents opposed to acceding to the request but the child was willing to go ahead.

The little girl in New Zealand resembled Madeleine so much, down to the fleck in her eye I believe, that she was thought to be Madeleine on more than one occasion.

Yet she was never checked out in any way by the Policia Judiciaria.

NZ police defend inaction on McCann sighting ABC News Australia

Posted: 11:00AM BST UK

New Zealand police have defended their lack of action over a possible sighting of missing British girl Madeleine McCann, saying they were never asked to do anything.

Inspector David Campbell said all details of the December 2007 sighting were passed to Interpol and no instructions came back for a follow-up investigation.

::    ::    ::    ::    ::

Inspector Campbell, the regional police commander, said police took the footage of the child - who had the appearance of Madeleine - and the family with her and forwarded it to Interpol.

"The lead jurisdiction, in this case Portugal, directs how the case progresses and it has not asked NZ police for any follow-up to date," Inspector Campbell said, adding that the NZ file remained open.

The dossier released to British newspapers showed information which police in the United States, Europe and North Africa considered important was also discarded.
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Dossier.htm

Had that little girl and her family moved to another country before she was eliminated from the inquiry, there would always have remained the suspicion she may have been Madeleine.

Distressing when the only action required of the Portuguese was to pass the information to Madeleine's parents for their detectives to check out; an action which would have had the by product of ensuring the little girl did not recieve the unwarranted attention she did.

Out there could be a little girl who had been moved on before she could be checked out for elimination purposes.  That child could have been Madeleine.
She had the right to be looked for, but she was denied that right.  She could therefore be alive and well because for so many years while she remained recognisable she was not looked for quite simply because incoming credible information was ignored.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Carana

« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2016, 10:07:13 AM »

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

It would require parental consent, though. If it was out of pure curiosity, and if the youngster was aware of the situation, I expect a young teenager could buy a kit off the Internet.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2016, 06:17:07 PM »
If  my daughter was pursued like that I would sue the McCann family for harrassment, invasion of privacy etc.

I wonder why she has not been declared dead as this can be done after 7 years.  Oh we know why... cha ching!
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Benice

« Reply #114 on: February 19, 2016, 12:35:51 AM »
If  my daughter was pursued like that I would sue the McCann family for harrassment, invasion of privacy etc.

I wonder why she has not been declared dead as this can be done after 7 years.  Oh we know why... cha ching!

Perhaps you would like to give us some evidence that the McCann are in it  for the money.

You could start with an explanation as to why when money began to be donated - they chose not to put it into their own private bank accounts and say 'thank you very much' - but instead arranged for it to be put into a fund.

Then perhaps you could explain why these money grabbers IYO  -  have donated so much of the other money which they could have also put into their own private accounts into the fund - the £500,000 compensation for libel for instance.

Then perhaps you could explain why money grabbing Kate would decide to put all the profits from her book into the fund and not into her private bank account.

Then perhaps you could explain why they decided to give the £55,000 compensation for libel to two charities and not put it into their own private bank accounts.

Then perhaps you could explain why they would agree to hand over hundreds of thousands of pounds to private investigators - when all they had to do was say No - we prefer to carry out investigations ourselves.

Then perhaps you could provide us with some evidence of a lavish lifestyle now enjoyed by the McCanns?  Any yachts or Jags on the drive, a new mansion, exotic holidays, private schools for the the twins, designer clothes, expensive jewellery etc etc? 

I await your evidence with interest.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.

Offline Benice

« Reply #115 on: February 19, 2016, 01:10:11 AM »

You would have no grounds to sue the McCanns.     It's no-one's fault if a child happens to bear a strong resemblance to Madeleine McCann.   Are you saying that the McCanns were wrong to take the advice of the experts and try to keep her profile as high as possible in the public eye - on the grounds that there might be a child out there who resembles her -  but isn't her?

If you believe that then you obviously disagree with all those parents who follow the expert advice on the best action a parent can to take in order to give a missing child the best chance possible of being found.

What a spiteful, mean-spirited attitude.

IMO

Offline misty

« Reply #116 on: February 19, 2016, 01:32:20 AM »
Perhaps you would like to give us some evidence that the McCann are in it  for the money.

You could start with an explanation as to why when money began to be donated - they chose not to put it into their own private bank accounts and say 'thank you very much' - but instead arranged for it to be put into a fund.

Then perhaps you could explain why these money grabbers IYO  -  have donated so much of the other money which they could have also put into their own private accounts into the fund - the £500,000 compensation for libel for instance.

Then perhaps you could explain why money grabbing Kate would decide to put all the profits from her book into the fund and not into her private bank account.

Then perhaps you could explain why they decided to give the £55,000 compensation for libel to two charities and not put it into their own private bank accounts.

Then perhaps you could explain why they would agree to hand over hundreds of thousands of pounds to private investigators - when all they had to do was say No - we prefer to carry out investigations ourselves.

Then perhaps you could provide us with some evidence of a lavish lifestyle now enjoyed by the McCanns?  Any yachts or Jags on the drive, a new mansion, exotic holidays, private schools for the the twins, designer clothes, expensive jewellery etc etc? 

I await your evidence with interest.

That's a really good post, Benice.
An interesting comparison to the person who did pocket the money.

Offline Vicky

« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2016, 04:58:06 PM »
There is a small chance. But at the risk of sounding harsh, I really really hope she isn't.

My reason for this is, if the theory of abduction by padeophile is correct, then it is no life for a child to go through 9 years of being abused. It would be much better for the child to have met her end early on.

I can't believe I have just typed that as it just sounds wrong, I hope I explained my reasoning properly though.

Offline jassi

« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2016, 05:00:40 PM »
There is a small chance. But at the risk of sounding harsh, I really really hope she isn't.

My reason for this is, if the theory of abduction by padeophile is correct, then it is no life for a child to go through 9 years of being abused. It would be much better for the child to have met her end early on.

I can't believe I have just typed that as it just sounds wrong, I hope I explained my reasoning properly though.

Ooh, you risk being burned at the stake for such heresy. The only tolerated position is that she is alive and well and being treated like a princess somewhere
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Vicky

« Reply #119 on: February 26, 2016, 05:02:58 PM »
Ooh, you risk being burned at the stake for such heresy. The only tolerated position is that she is alive and well and being treated like a princess somewhere
I would really love this to be true. But abduction by paedophile does not really sound too optimistic for a decent life  8(8-))