Author Topic: Invoking Article 50  (Read 39439 times)

Offline Carana

Re: Invoking Article 50
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2016, 11:15:45 AM »
Bump Post 19 above !

The government will also enshrine all existing EU law into British law.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37532364
So what does a Brexit look like now?

Hard to tell. A friend without benefits?

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2016, 10:38:18 PM »
Yeh we shouldn't even take notice of the 'right to family law' when the family consists of 28 people! all living on benefits needing to be housed and breaking our other laws...

No fear for you JP I will marry you if you are going to be deported. I am difficult to live with according to my teenagers who hate me.  8**8:/: 8(>((

What a kind offer miss taken!

All teenagers hate their parents - it's how it works.  They will understand when they have their own children!

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2016, 10:44:39 PM »
Bump Post 19 above !

The government will also enshrine all existing EU law into British law.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37532364
So what does a Brexit look like now?

A remarkably accurate prediction Alice.  In my view it's a clever move by May.  It appears to be taking decisive action while saying nothing about what 'brexit' means.  As you said earlier it'll prevent the legal vacuum, allowing laws to be amended if they are seen to be not fit for purpose. Very clever .

stephen25000

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2016, 09:23:22 AM »
A remarkably accurate prediction Alice.  In my view it's a clever move by May.  It appears to be taking decisive action while saying nothing about what 'brexit' means.  As you said earlier it'll prevent the legal vacuum, allowing laws to be amended if they are seen to be not fit for purpose. Very clever .

Boris's expression yesterday at this was a joy to behold.

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2016, 09:41:10 AM »
Boris's expression yesterday at this was a joy to behold.

Quite.  Poor Boris. 

My impression is that May has been quite skilful at steering a path through this, so far. 

Interesting times. 

stephen25000

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2016, 09:44:39 AM »
Quite.  Poor Boris. 

My impression is that May has been quite skilful at steering a path through this, so far. 

Interesting times.

Good morning J.P.

Quite right, interesting times ahead. It was quite an astute move of hers, placing Johnson, Fox, and Davies all together in charge of Brexit, as apparently, they loathe each other intently.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2016, 10:25:36 AM »

In being seen not to be binning EU laws she has also bought herself time with the likes of Nissan, Honda and the one I can never remember the name of, who were all devising a "Plan A" for moving to contintetal Europe if we ceased to be their stepping stone.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

stephen25000

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2016, 10:28:40 AM »
In being seen not to be binning EU laws she has also bought herself time with the likes of Nissan, Honda and the one I can never remember the name of, who were all devising a "Plan A" for moving to contintetal Europe if we ceased to be their stepping stone.

Nissan and others, no doubt, have stopped any further investment in the UK, dependent on what happens in Brexit.

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2016, 11:49:27 AM »
There is an interesting problem for firms aiming to decamp from the UK and set up / strengthen their continental Europe operations. 

And that relates to labour laws in the Eurozone - unemployment in the UK is around 4.9% while the Euro area generally is just over double that figure.   

And that is partly due to social cost and partly due to the inflexibility of labour laws.  If you get a permanent job in France or Spain, that's it.  Your employer will find it virtually impossible to get rid of you. 

stephen25000

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2016, 08:44:50 AM »
So, for all Brexit supporters..........................

'Brexit will cost up to £66billion A YEAR in lost tax revenue, bombshell Treasury reports says'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brexit-cost-up-66billion-year-9020170

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2016, 08:47:35 AM »
So, for all Brexit supporters..........................

'Brexit will cost up to £66billion A YEAR in lost tax revenue, bombshell Treasury reports says'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brexit-cost-up-66billion-year-9020170

If it means we get less muslim immigrants, it's a price worth paying.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

stephen25000

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2016, 08:52:51 AM »
If it means we get less muslim immigrants, it's a price worth paying.

Try telling that to the people and Institutions who will suffer the consequences of lost revenue.

Alfie

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2016, 09:23:39 AM »
Why will it mean less Muslim immigrants?  I thought Brexit meant less European immigrants, the majority of whom are white Christian....  &%+((£

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2016, 11:09:58 AM »
We don't know yet whether Brexit will result in fewer immigrants from EU countries. We only know what we think will happen when Article 50 is invoked. What actually will happen after Article 50 is invoked  is up for grabs. At the moment the chat seems to be we may well allow EU citizens in here for fear of retribution.
Whatever happens, Brexit will not address any numerical problems arising from immigrants from Commonwealth countries.
Pups, selling and all that old cobblers ...  ?{)(**
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2016, 12:46:18 PM »
Why will it mean less Muslim immigrants?  I thought Brexit meant less European immigrants, the majority of whom are white Christian....  &%+((£

Sorry, I just imagined that there was a camp full of would-be immigrants in Calais.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 01:42:27 PM by John »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.