Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853037 times)

OxfordBloo

1/ Any scientific study of police behaviour in the Criminology section.

2/ Many police memoirs which give the game away about what the situation was like before PACE.

3/ Stephan Kiszco case.

4 / Barry George Case

4/ West Midland Serious Crime Squad.

6/ Birmingham Six and other Irish accused.

7/ The Black and Tans

8/ Etc!'

Statements numbered to help the pedants and hard of comprehension.

The PACE reference was to that item- police memoirs alone.

Offline faithlilly

There is informed opinion and there is uninformed opinion, I prefer the former.

But choice to post the latter. Odd that.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline sadie

But choice to post the latter. Odd that.
Talking about yourself, Faith?

Brietta is always very well informed.  She uses fact

Offline xtina

seems more popular than the mccs fund.....some interesting comments too

http://portugalresident.com/brits-already-forking-out-en-masse-for-maddie-cop-libel-appeal

Brits already forking out en-masse for Maddie cop libel appeal

After what many consider the bombshell of a judicial decision last week, British supporters of the former Portuguese policeman ordered to pay the parents of Madeleine McCann €500,000 euros in damages are rallying to a “gofundme” online appeal for his legal defence.

Already widely reported is the fact that Gonçalo Amaral “will appeal to the last judicial instance” against the vast sum of damages awarded against him in the civil action for defamation taken out by Kate and Gerry McCann. But what few in Portugal may be aware of is that an online fund set up by a 22-year-old woman in Birmingham is already seeing money pouring in in Amaral’s defence.

At time of writing on Sunday morning, 315 people had donated over £5,000 to the Legal Defence for Gonçalo Amaral set up by Leanne Baulch, with all sorts leaving commentaries, including at least one introducing himself as a retired police officer.

Jill Parkin added her £10 donation to the fund, saying: “Please do not give up in your quest for justice and the truth. I believe you are a honourable man who has been badly wronged. I honestly do not know what happened in this case but someone is lying and someone out there does know”

Many donors’ comments allude to an article in today’s Sunday Sun that suggests Amaral is being funded by “British trolls”.

As Emma Mitchell, giving £100 commented: “Shame on you The Sun! ... Keep fighting GA , Madeleine deserves justice and so do you”.

Kirstene Glynn added her contribution, saying: “From yet another "nasty Internet troll" keep on fighting GA we're behind u all the way”.

While others stumping up for the appeal that hopes to raise £25,000 pointed out: “There is a battle going on in social media land to force this through to the mainstream” which, they claim, “for some reason” only publishes one side of this seemingly endless and long-running story.

Thus for now, Amaral is being buoyed by two online appeals both here and in UK as British media persist with 8th anniversary “Madeleine disappearance” stories, including “exposés” on Amaral’s so-called “fall from grace” and new “revelations about a string of burglaries on the Praia da Luz resort from which Madeleine went missing.

According to the Express on Sunday, a home Amaral had hoped to retire to in a “millionaires development” near Olhão has “been seized to to cover the McCann libel payout” and is now boarded up, the property of the courts.

The paper quotes an alleged friend, saying that everything Amaral has worked for “all his life, could be lost”.

As we wrote this article, another three people bolstered the gofundme appeal.

By the end of the day donations had leapt almost £500.
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline faithlilly

seems more popular than the mccs fund.....some interesting comments too

http://portugalresident.com/brits-already-forking-out-en-masse-for-maddie-cop-libel-appeal

Brits already forking out en-masse for Maddie cop libel appeal

After what many consider the bombshell of a judicial decision last week, British supporters of the former Portuguese policeman ordered to pay the parents of Madeleine McCann €500,000 euros in damages are rallying to a “gofundme” online appeal for his legal defence.

Already widely reported is the fact that Gonçalo Amaral “will appeal to the last judicial instance” against the vast sum of damages awarded against him in the civil action for defamation taken out by Kate and Gerry McCann. But what few in Portugal may be aware of is that an online fund set up by a 22-year-old woman in Birmingham is already seeing money pouring in in Amaral’s defence.

At time of writing on Sunday morning, 315 people had donated over £5,000 to the Legal Defence for Gonçalo Amaral set up by Leanne Baulch, with all sorts leaving commentaries, including at least one introducing himself as a retired police officer.

Jill Parkin added her £10 donation to the fund, saying: “Please do not give up in your quest for justice and the truth. I believe you are a honourable man who has been badly wronged. I honestly do not know what happened in this case but someone is lying and someone out there does know”

Many donors’ comments allude to an article in today’s Sunday Sun that suggests Amaral is being funded by “British trolls”.

As Emma Mitchell, giving £100 commented: “Shame on you The Sun! ... Keep fighting GA , Madeleine deserves justice and so do you”.

Kirstene Glynn added her contribution, saying: “From yet another "nasty Internet troll" keep on fighting GA we're behind u all the way”.

While others stumping up for the appeal that hopes to raise £25,000 pointed out: “There is a battle going on in social media land to force this through to the mainstream” which, they claim, “for some reason” only publishes one side of this seemingly endless and long-running story.

Thus for now, Amaral is being buoyed by two online appeals both here and in UK as British media persist with 8th anniversary “Madeleine disappearance” stories, including “exposés” on Amaral’s so-called “fall from grace” and new “revelations about a string of burglaries on the Praia da Luz resort from which Madeleine went missing.

According to the Express on Sunday, a home Amaral had hoped to retire to in a “millionaires development” near Olhão has “been seized to to cover the McCann libel payout” and is now boarded up, the property of the courts.

The paper quotes an alleged friend, saying that everything Amaral has worked for “all his life, could be lost”.

As we wrote this article, another three people bolstered the gofundme appeal.

By the end of the day donations had leapt almost £500.

I found this contribution from a donator on the gofindme site especially poignant Xtina

"I have decided to contrubute again to make this reach £8,000 this morning. My Nan's first husband died a young British soldier in the Battle of Dunkirk in WW2, leaving behind a wife & 3 children. He didn't make the ultimate sacrifice amidst abject fear & suffering for the people of the UK to be insulted, humiliated, called "sicko/online trolls", for standing up for freedom of speech, honesty, integrity & justice. Maurice, your life & death left a legacy that should never be forgotten. It's up the the public to be the voice of you & your fallen comrades now. We will be with Goncalo Amaral in this quest. Shame on the UK gutter press for labelling the people that have made over 460 donations to this page in such a derogatory way with such tacky, infantile venom. I'm fortunate, I can donate this money. Brenda Leyland cannot after being found dead, alone in a hotel room, days after being branded a "troll" like we all are now. She was publicly humiliated by UK MSM who doorstepped her, papped her, followed her & drove her to what I can only imagine must have been the darkest place imaginable & for what?? The police have officially stated there is no case to answer. Brenda was not a troll, official. Deepest love and light to all the justice & freedom seekers who are not here, we are your voice now xx.'
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Carana

Erm... I think I'll stick with Brendan de Beer, if that's ok. Poor chap has been criticised from both sides of the fence, but - as far as I can tell - he's been neutral in his reporting.

Offline faithlilly

Another donation from someone who has actuall met Amaral.

" I have met Goncalo through work when he was in Portimao a year before Madeline went missing. He treated my colleague and I to a meal the first night we arrived there and was always asking if his officers were assisting us properly in our enquiries which they were. I found the Police in Portimao extremely professional and thorough and IT was as a result of Goncalo and his officers that our enquiries were 100% successful. Good luck if you read this Goncalo as I once said to you that "we are the biggest gang in the World"

Offline Eleanor

" I have met Goncalo through work when he was in Portimao a year before Madeline went missing. He treated my colleague and I to a meal the first night we arrived there and was always asking if his officers were assisting us properly in our enquiries which they were. I found the Police in Portimao extremely professional and thorough and IT was as a result of Goncalo and his officers that our enquiries were 100% successful. Good luck if you read this Goncalo as I once said to you that "we are the biggest gang in the World"

Gang?  Goodness me.

Offline sadie

Another PT cop in "the biggest gang in the World"?   %&5%£ £4%4%

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
Gang?  Goodness me.

Yes, shame they can't donate without, the nasty remarks, and cloning of people. Makes it look like just another sceptic blog.
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline xtina

I found this contribution from a donator on the gofindme site especially poignant Xtina

"I have decided to contrubute again to make this reach £8,000 this morning. My Nan's first husband died a young British soldier in the Battle of Dunkirk in WW2, leaving behind a wife & 3 children. He didn't make the ultimate sacrifice amidst abject fear & suffering for the people of the UK to be insulted, humiliated, called "sicko/online trolls", for standing up for freedom of speech, honesty, integrity & justice. Maurice, your life & death left a legacy that should never be forgotten. It's up the the public to be the voice of you & your fallen comrades now. We will be with Goncalo Amaral in this quest. Shame on the UK gutter press for labelling the people that have made over 460 donations to this page in such a derogatory way with such tacky, infantile venom. I'm fortunate, I can donate this money. Brenda Leyland cannot after being found dead, alone in a hotel room, days after being branded a "troll" like we all are now. She was publicly humiliated by UK MSM who doorstepped her, papped her, followed her & drove her to what I can only imagine must have been the darkest place imaginable & for what?? The police have officially stated there is no case to answer. Brenda was not a troll, official. Deepest love and light to all the justice & freedom seekers who are not here, we are your voice now xx.'

Oh ...how so very very true

a voice for maddie as well ....who was so.... so very badly let down ...by the ones who should have been protecting her ..
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline faithlilly

Yes, shame they can't donate without, the nasty remarks, and cloning of people. Makes it look like just another sceptic blog.

How's Kate's JustGiving page doing ?

Offline G-Unit

Another PT cop in "the biggest gang in the World"?   %&5%£ £4%4%

No, not Portuguese. sounds British to me.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

most if not all those contributing have believed amarals lies re the dog alerts and the DNA...if they understood the evidence I'm sure they would not be contributing

Offline faithlilly

most if not all those contributing have believed amarals lies re the dog alerts and the DNA...if they understood the evidence I'm sure they would not be contributing

@)(++(*