Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853035 times)

Alfred R Jones

I find both sides of the "extreme coin" weird but no weirder than a lot of other cults (for the want of a better term). The universal tribal principle that one person will swear black is white because a member of the other tribe said black is black is somewhat bizarre but people will do the daftest things. One can see examples of it on here most days; no names no packdrill.
The issue with Fiona Webster's charity page is no stranger than the recent episode on here about the Leicestershire police must be bent/incompetent/fill in as appropriate, because "The Dossier" did not result in prosecutions. Maybe the cops and CPS thought the dossier was vexatious crap only fit to light up a fire?
Sorry, but it's a lot stranger IMO because it is completely bereft of logic.  Criticising LP for not pursuing prosecutions is a legitimate opinion, even if it's one you don't agree with.  Believing that Fiona Webster's charity page will help Amaral win an appeal is just straight-foward nuts.

Offline Alice Purjorick

Sorry, but it's a lot stranger IMO because it is completely bereft of logic.  Criticising LP for not pursuing prosecutions is a legitimate opinion, even if it's one you don't agree with.  Believing that Fiona Webster's charity page will help Amaral win an appeal is just straight-foward nuts.

The universal tribal principle that one person will swear black is white because a member of the other tribe said black is black is somewhat bizarre but people will do the daftest things. One can see examples of it on here most days; no names no packdrill.

You would appear to be making my point for me. Much obliged.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline faithlilly

A cite for what?  I have already named the bonkers FB page on which this nonsense appears, surprised you're not a member tbh!

You are sounding rather fractious Alfie. Things not going well ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Alfred R Jones

The universal tribal principle that one person will swear black is white because a member of the other tribe said black is black is somewhat bizarre but people will do the daftest things. One can see examples of it on here most days; no names no packdrill.

You would appear to be making my point for me. Much obliged.
Where am I swearing that black is white?  I have made an observation about a group of "sceptics" that I'm sure even you must agree with - what is bizarre about that and what point do you think has been made?

Alfred R Jones

You are sounding rather fractious Alfie. Things not going well ?
No, they're going awfully badly, thanks for asking.  Amaral has made toast of the McCanns and they owe him thousands, plus he has the whole of Great Britain voting him Top Geezer of the Year Award, and they're now literally  stuffing his pockets with £50 notes.  it's a sad state of affairs and no mistake, that's why I appear so terribly fractious.

Offline Montclair

It is not a fine, it is a award of damages. 

And yes, of course.  The barrier level for eventual appeal to the supreme court if a monetary amount of damages exceeds 15k euros.  He has the right to appeal, but the process involves demonstrating the grounds on which he intends to appeal.  If he cannot demonstrate legal or factual grounds then the appeal process will end there.

So he has until the 23rd May, or the 2nd June to lodge an appeal.

My prediction is that he will try to spin this out for as long as possible to put off the evil day.  I suspect his lawyer's secretary should be very careful  8(0(*

The appeal process will end at the Supreme court. You just don't understand or you take your desires for reality. I'm not saying anymore about this.

OxfordBloo

The appeal process will end at the Supreme court. You just don't understand or you take your desires for reality. I'm not saying anymore about this.

The appeal process MAY end at the SC. Appeal is neither automatic nor automatically granted. Amaral could chicken out or be refused leave to appeal.

Offline jassi

Chill. What will be will be.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Alice Purjorick

Where am I swearing that black is white?  I have made an observation about a group of "sceptics" that I'm sure even you must agree with - what is bizarre about that and what point do you think has been made?

Try to think of principle dear boy rather than nit picking detail. That way when someone says "how many beans make five" you will be able to answer properly rather than say "phworrr chief I can do it in fountain pens but in beans that's real  tricky" 8(0(*
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline faithlilly

No, they're going awfully badly, thanks for asking.  Amaral has made toast of the McCanns and they owe him thousands, plus he has the whole of Great Britain voting him Top Geezer of the Year Award, and they're now literally  stuffing his pockets with £50 notes.  it's a sad state of affairs and no mistake, that's why I appear so terribly fractious.

Fair enough.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Alfred R Jones

Try to think of principle dear boy rather than nit picking detail. That way when someone says "how many beans make five" you will be able to answer properly rather than say "phworrr chief I can do it in fountain pens but in beans that's real  tricky" 8(0(*
You don't do straight-forward answers to straight-forward questions do you?  Never mind, I knew it would be a difficult one to answer without resorting to riddle-me-ree vagaries as per.

Offline Alice Purjorick

You don't do straight-forward answers to straight-forward questions do you?  Never mind, I knew it would be a difficult one to answer without resorting to riddle-me-ree vagaries as per.

8(0(*

Offline mercury

I'm sure if anyone was told to pay half a million quid they'd appeal, so why some people object to this man's right to appeal is worrying

Alfred R Jones

I'm sure if anyone was told to pay half a million quid they'd appeal, so why some people object to this man's right to appeal is worrying
Who is objecting?

Offline mercury

Who is objecting?

its a general impression I got from some peoples post that he shouldnt be allowed to appeal