Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853210 times)

Offline Mr Gray

its a general impression I got from some peoples post that he shouldnt be allowed to appeal

shows how wrong your general impressions are...

Offline mercury

shows how wrong your general impressions are...

I was talking to Alfred not you, are you a reincarnated jack russell who jumps up and bites every two seconds? at anyone and everything? I said it was my impression from reading. Unless you can prove me wring best to bark have a biscuit and get lost.

Offline Mr Gray

I was talking to Alfred not you, are you a reincarnated jack russell who jumps up and bites every two seconds? at anyone and everything? I said it was my impression from reading. Unless you can prove me wring best to bark have a biscuit and get lost.

well your impressions wring isn't it

Offline mercury

well your impressions wring isn't it

you missed an apostrophe dear, impression in the singular not the plural, so  you lose any right to criticise, that's all, enjoy chumping on your dog bone, bye for now :)

Alfred R Jones

its a general impression I got from some peoples post that he shouldnt be allowed to appeal
That's not my impression, my impression is that some people are questioning what his grounds for appeal will be and whether or not they will be accepted, not that he shouldn't be allowed to appeal at all.

Offline John

Brits raise thousands for Maddie cop’s libel appeal

Article dated 6 May 2015

After what many consider the bombshell of a judicial decision - setting record damages for a private Portuguese citizen - British supporters of former PJ inspector Gonçalo Amaral are rallying en-masse to a “gofundme” online appeal - started intriguingly by a young British woman who was only 14 when Madeleine McCann went missing.

In less than a week, 22-year-old Leanne Baulch’s appeal has raised over £9,200. British media is slating it - suggesting it is powered by “sick online trolls”, but as the Resident looks behind this fast-developing story it is becoming clear that many of these people have no ‘axe to grind’. They are simply appalled at what they see as a case of injustice.

Meantime, police in UK have decided not to go ahead with any prosecutions over the so-called “hate dossier” cataloguing “troll abuse” of the McCanns.

Read the full report in this week’s Algarve Resident newspaper, available in newsagents on Thursday.

www.portugalresident.com/brits-raise-thousands-for-maddie-cop’s-libel-appeal
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 01:49:22 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

Article dated 6 May 2015

After what many consider the bombshell of a judicial decision - setting record damages for a private Portuguese citizen - British supporters of former PJ inspector Gonçalo Amaral are rallying en-masse to a “gofundme” online appeal - started intriguingly by a young British woman who was only 14 when Madeleine McCann went missing.

In less than a week, 22-year-old Leanne Baulch’s appeal has raised over £9,200. British media is slating it - suggesting it is powered by “sick online trolls”, but as the Resident looks behind this fast-developing story it is becoming clear that many of these people have no ‘axe to grind’. They are simply appalled at what they see as a case of injustice.

Meantime, police in UK have decided not to go ahead with any prosecutions over the so-called “hate dossier” cataloguing “troll abuse” of the McCanns.

Read the full report in this week’s Algarve Resident newspaper, available in newsagents on Thursday.

What injustice do these misguided fools think has happened. Amaral has stated as a fact that Maddie died in the apartment and her parents covered up her death. He is denying Maddie the right to justice

Offline jassi

Why do you feel the need to insult anonymous doners by calling them 'misguide fools' just because have different opinions to you?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

Why do you feel the need to insult anonymous doners by calling them 'misguide fools' just because have different opinions to you?

Because I think they are misguided fools...that's my opinion. You and they support amaral's right to label the Mccanns as criminals...that's far more insulting

Offline jassi

Because I think they are misguided fools...that's my opinion. You and they support amaral's right to label the Mccanns as criminals...that's far more insulting

I don't actually- I don't accept he has any right to say that and certainly not in the way he did, though he is quite entitled to think what he likes.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Anna

Article dated 6 May 2015

My goodness!
If his appeal costs, fund continues to have donations at the rate of contributions, as in the past week, he will be able to pay the damages awarded to the McCanns (Maddie fund) from it in no time.
And they say "Beggars cant be choosers"
How much, I wonder does he already have in his fund from his legal costs fund. Or are both funds, one?
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline jassi

My goodness!
If his appeal costs, fund continues to have donations at the rate of contributions, as in the past week, he will be able to pay the damages awarded to the McCanns (Maddie fund) from it in no time.
How much, I wonder does he already have in his fund from his legal costs fund. Or are both funds, one?
[/b]

Does anyone care - other than yourself, obviously ?

Or maybe not -

Offline faithlilly

My goodness!

You do know that the appeal fund has not been set up to pay the damages awarded to the McCann don't you  Anna ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Jean-Pierre

It is also possible that they believe that Amaral has a legal and moral right to appeal the courts decision, and want to make sure that he has the resources to be properly represented in that appeal.   

Alfred R Jones

It is also possible that they believe that Amaral has a legal and moral right to appeal the courts decision, and want to make sure that he has the resources to be properly represented in that appeal.
So, if he had no money, he wouldn't be able to appeal?