Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853035 times)

Offline Anna

You do know that the appeal fund has not been set up to pay the damages awarded to the McCann don't you  Anna ?

No idea what he has set up, Faith, but if the rate of donations continues at its present rate, he would have a lot of excess money, so where would it go?
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Jean-Pierre

So, if he had no money, he wouldn't be able to appeal?

He would find it very difficult.  His assets have been frozen, and a decent lawyer to put together an appeal will be expensive.  There will also be court fees. 

Offline Brietta

I don't actually- I don't accept he has any right to say that and certainly not in the way he did, though he is quite entitled to think what he likes.

He is absolutely entitled to have an opinion and think what he likes ... unfortunately he didn't stick at that ... he wrote a book to advertise that personal opinion.

In doing so he broke Portuguese Law which considering his role as an enforcer of the law is bizarre.  He also disregarded the right of the McCanns to the presumption of innocence and caused them years of psychological harm and distress
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Anna

[/b]

Does anyone care - other than yourself, obviously ?

No jassi, I don't care one iota, what he does with his money. I just wondered if it could go towards his appeal fund, that so many kind people are donating towards.
― Plato

Offline faithlilly

No idea what he has set up, Faith, but if the rate of donations continues at its present rate, he would have a lot of excess money, so where would it go?

Firstly he has not set this up Anna, a supporter did and I understand that if there is any money left after paying Amaral's legal fees it will go to a Portuguese children's charity.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

stephen25000

No jassi, I don't care one iota, what he does with his money. I just wondered if it could go towards his appeal fund, that so many kind people are donating towards.

Anna, are you quite happy fr people to donate the mccanns fund:

past; present; or future.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 08:00:52 PM by Anna »

Offline jassi

Firstly he has not set this up Anna, a supporter did and I understand that if there is any money left after paying Amaral's legal fees it will go to a Portuguese children's charity.

Well there we are, question answered  ?{)(**
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline faithlilly

He would find it very difficult.  His assets have been frozen, and a decent lawyer to put together an appeal will be expensive.  There will also be court fees.

Have we been told how the MCanns are going to justify the use of the fund to pay the 58% of the court fees the judge deemed them liable for when it has now been legally decided that the book did not harm the search ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

stephen25000

Have we been told how the MCanns are going to justify the use of the fund to pay the 58% of the court fees the judge deemed them liable for when it has now been legally decided that the book did not harm the search ?

Good question.

Offline Anna

Good question.

Is it just me, or are others having a problem posting on this thread? Gremlins in the works?
― Plato

stephen25000

Is it just me, or are others having a problem posting on this thread? Gremlins in the works?

I had problems logging on today.

Offline Anna

I had problems logging on today.

Ah! That's because I locked you out, Stephen  @)(++(*......Only joking of course.

This thread should be  Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to highest Court.
We seem to have a sub topic, which is working for me to post in but I cannot answer posts on the properly headed  topic for some reason . So the people not replied to. please forgive me for not answering. I will as soon as this is sorted.
ETA
Sorted I think.
― Plato

stephen25000

Here's some good news for some people

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/thank-you_6.html "astro 6:48 p.m. We can confirm that no donations to this account, that was created and is held by a group of friends seeking to help Gonçalo Amaral defend himself, can possibly be seized as assets, because Mr Amaral is not part of the account. We can also confirm that each and every cent that is spent goes to help Mr Amaral finance his defence, not to pay anyone, anywhere any compensation or damages. Thank you."

' Oh, and the Legal Defence Fund is now almost at the halfway mark - £12,435 from 768 people in 10 days, as opposed to another 'fundraiser' which has managed to creep up to £1,655.74 from 98 people over the same period (those '612,000 supporters' still haven't dug very deep have they? shocking!) '

Alfred R Jones

I haven't been told, perhaps you should drop them a line and ask them to justify it to you, then you could let us know?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 07:26:13 PM by Anna »

stephen25000

Ah! That's because I locked you out, Stephen  @)(++(*......Only joking of course.

This thread should be  Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to highest Court.
We seem to have a sub topic, which is working for me to post in but I cannot answer posts on the properly headed  topic for some reason . So the people not replied to. please forgive me for not answering. I will as soon as this is sorted.
ETA
Sorted I think.

8((()*/