Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853173 times)

Offline Mr Gray

I am not pretending anything. The same question remains.
Why do you think it is a fantastic victory when the game is not finished? The judgement is subject to appeal.
Whether Amaral is devastated or his assets remain frozen is not relevant to the argument. I don't give a monkeys about Amaral or the McCanns but I am fascinated by the mindset that can declare an unfinished game a victory for one side or the other.

don't you realise it's the victories that point to how the war is going

stephen25000

&%&£(+ &%&£(+ &%&£(+

Offline Brietta

Pathetic.

If mccann had received hundreds of backers for the charity you would be gloating.

However, in the cold light of day is it finally dawning on you and others, that the mccanns are far from popular ?

An even pettier post than usual, and that is saying something, but wouldn't it be rather an adventure to start posting which doesn't involve slagging off Kate McCann and her charitable work and stick to the topic of the thread which, in this case, appears to be something along the lines of Mr Amaral's appeal?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

An even pettier post than usual, and that is saying something, but wouldn't it be rather an adventure to start posting which doesn't involve slagging off Kate McCann and her charitable work and stick to the topic of the thread which, in this case, appears to be something along the lines of Mr Amaral's appeal?

Oh dear.

You are quite prepared to attack Amaral.

However, when pointed out that he is getting more support than your beloved kate mccann, it gets your back up.

Tough.

Offline Alice Purjorick

Unfortunately history does not support that statement.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Carana

If an appeal has been confirmed, what are the likely bases for one?

Offline John

Don't tell that to Miliband, Clegg and Farage.   %56&
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

If an appeal has been confirmed, what are the likely bases for one?

Probably the very high sum involved, unheard of in Portugal previously.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Carana

Probably the very high sum involved, unheard of in Portugal previously.

Why does the amount gained (or at least the verifiable amount gained), during a recession, of €382k, plus a PJ pension (albeit with a bit deducted to pay off debts), tend to be glossed over in some quarters? 

Alfred R Jones

Work it out for yourself you should be able to without my help.
Is it?
So in your opinion it is about revenge nothing more nothing less?
Think of your own lines.
Nope I've tried to figure out an alternative meaning to "reach for the Bolly" other than celebrate but I have failed.  Bolly is champagne, champagne is traditionally drank at times of celebration, so what is my little brain missing here?

Offline Carana

I am not pretending anything. The same question remains.
Why do you think it is a fantastic victory when the game is not finished? The judgement is subject to appeal.
Whether Amaral is devastated or his assets remain frozen is not relevant to the argument. I don't give a monkeys about Amaral or the McCanns but I am fascinated by the mindset that can declare an unfinished game a victory for one side or the other.

As someone once said to me: "Don't buy a bus ticket to market until your hens have produced".

Fair enough.

But I'm still intrigued as to the bases for an appeal.

The quantum, perhaps, but what else?

Offline John

As someone once said to me: "Don't buy a bus ticket to market until your hens have produced".

Fair enough.

But I'm still intrigued as to the bases for an appeal.

The quantum, perhaps, but what else?

The judgement runs to over fifty pages, much of which refers to previous European Court decisions in respect of human rights.  Ultimately, the honourable Lady Judge had to take a stand but in the end it was her decision and interpretation of the evidence which was submitted to and given in the Court.

A higher Court could very well take a different view as was seen already in the original book ban.  That said, I would have thought that a lower Court overturning a previous ruling by the Supreme Court could in itself be grounds for appeal.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 02:36:58 PM by John »

Offline Mr Gray

The judgement runs to over fifty pages, much of which refers to previous European Court decisions in respect of human rights.  Ultimately, the honourable Lady Judge had to take a stand but in the end it was her decision and interpretation of the evidence which was submitted to and given in the Court.

A higher Court could very well take a different view as was seen already in the original book ban.

It seems amaral actually broke some laws...nothing to do with opinion

Offline John

It seems amaral actually broke some laws...nothing to do with opinion

That would be a matter for a criminal Court if true.

Offline G-Unit

The UK MSM have regularly reported on the Madeleine mcCann case, even when there is very little new to report. How strange that they are not reporting on the support for Goncalo Amaral.

Within 11 days, the British fighting fund set up to help the former policeman dubbed by UK media as the “Maddie Lie Cop” has reached over €13,000......
..the instigator of the British appeal fund raising money for Amaral’s appeal tells us she has been approached by a number of UK newspapers, but none of them are keen to write about her effort until it reaches the €25,000 target.

As this latest example of “people-power” righting what they see is a wrong plays out, the mainstream British media is making much of the so-called string of burglaries that appears to have taken place on the resort from which Madeleine went missing just over eight years ago. It’s a line that has surfaced every now and then in this infinite mystery and which many query, as if there truly had been a spate of attacks on children in the Algarve, the feeling is that local and national media would have heard about them. As a source told us this week, what were originally described as “five or six cases, then morphed into over a dozen and suddenly exploded into 30 cases or so, if we are to believe the UK media”.

http://portugalresident.com/maddie-cop%E2%80%99s-legal-fund-%E2%80%9Cwell-on-the-way%E2%80%9D-to-the-%E2%82%AC25000-target
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0