Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853361 times)

Offline Jean-Pierre

Could it not simply be the case that Amaral was genuinely interested in finding Maddie rather than filling the coffers?

His actions following his publishing success were to splash money around - the Jag, the earring, the parties....

Had his motivation been as you suggest, he could have adopted other approaches.  Such as donating the profits to his book to a suitable charity. 

Offline LeanneBaulch

• Nothing is to be preferred before justice.
Hi Alfred, Ben Perrin from The Sun Newspaper asked if I would give him an interview when the fund reaches £25K. Hope this clears up some confusion.
gofund.me/Legal-DefencePJGA

ferryman

Could it not simply be the case that Amaral was genuinely interested in finding Maddie rather than filling the coffers?

Scarcely.

According to Amaral, Madeleine is definitely dead
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 02:54:37 PM by John »

Offline Carana

If Amaral has justified grounds to substantiate an appeal (and I expect that he will find something to quibble), that's fine by me.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 02:54:56 PM by John »

Offline Carana

Hi Alfred, Ben Perrin from The Sun Newspaper asked if I would give him an interview when the fund reaches £25K. Hope this clears up some confusion.

Ahhh. Seeing as you're here: Are the funds raised going directly to the original fund set up via PjGA?

Offline LeanneBaulch

Ahhh. Seeing as you're here: Are the funds raised going directly to the original fund set up via PjGA?

Yes they are, all funds are deposited directly to the PJGA bank account. We have now raised £16,000.

Offline G-Unit

Hi Leanne. Were you surprised at the response to your fundraiser?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Carana

Yes they are, all funds are deposited directly to the PJGA bank account. We have now raised £16,000.

Ok. Thanks for that reply.

Offline Brietta

Was that before or after it while they were attempting to take Amaral down?

I'm sorry Angelo, Mr Amaral did not need anyone's help, he did an excellent job of taking himself down as I think contemplation of just one aspect of his life is considered and that is his criminal conviction and his failed appeal against it.
It remains to see if he makes it three in a row.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline LeanneBaulch

Hi Leanne. Were you surprised at the response to your fundraiser?

In a way, yes ..I didn't expect the MSM to report on the fund.

Offline G-Unit

In a way, yes ..I didn't expect the MSM to report on the fund.

The Sun article certainly helped it along by saying donations were being made by 'trolls'  @)(++(*
Result = happy posting.

Offline LeanneBaulch

The Sun article certainly helped it along by saying donations were being made by 'trolls'  @)(++(*

I'm not sure that was their intention, but it certainly gave the fund a boost.

Online Eleanor

We will keep this unbiased.  If you please.

Goncalo Amaral Confirms He Will Appeal.

Offline G-Unit

I'm not sure that was their intention, but it certainly gave the fund a boost.

Do you have any idea how much will actually be needed for an appeal to go ahead, and if an appeal will be allowed?
Result = happy posting.

Offline LeanneBaulch

Do you have any idea how much will actually be needed for an appeal to go ahead, and if an appeal will be allowed?

I am not certain, but I believe the appeal process could cost around £40,000. I strongly believe the appeal will be allowed, there is no reason for it not to.