Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853400 times)

Offline mercury

I think the point some have taken umbrage to is the fact that once a certain point has been reached the momentum of the appeal relies on repeat donations from the same individuals.

I don't have the problem that some seem to have with that; but it does reveal that Mr Amaral's support has a limit of appx 1,000 vociferous individuals ... as has been seen in numerous petitions et al organised by his supporters' forums.

I doubt he even has half that number in Portugal as the revelations over the years of the lies and propaganda the public were fed sinks in. 
Nobody likes being taken for a fool ... and I think the level of the financial support or lack of it from his home turf might reflect that. 
We would be able to judge that better if the accounts were published, but I think it is becoming clearer with two collection points, one transparent the other shrouded in secrecy, that the bulk of Mr Amaral's financial support has always come from Britain and that is quite extraordinary.

I never take anything I see at face value ... but if I wish to challenge, I take the trouble to check out my facts first ... pity you do not adhere to the same courtesy.

So, you would have expected me to go and read all the thousands of messages on the donation page before daring to ask you to back up your statements?  Wow!

Offline Brietta

So, you would have expected me to go and read all the thousands of messages on the donation page before daring to ask you to back up your statements?  Wow!

I expect you to post statements which can be substantiated but if you are content to post on subjects you admit to knowing nothing about ... expect to be challenged on them when you get them seriously wrong.

You also have it wrong when you say thousands have contributed to Mr Amaral's appeal fund ... at my last count 1266 donations had been made ... and as you belatedly acknowledge, many of the contributions are from multiple doners some of whom have pledged to continue on a weekly basis.

I see why it annoys you ... but don't take it out on me if the truth of the lie is being revealed so succinctly ... Mr Amaral's support does not number in the thousands ... but it is interesting seeing them putting their money where their mouth is and reading some of that as well.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 03:58:03 PM by John »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

I expect you to post statements which can be substantiated but if you are content to post on subjects you admit to knowing nothing about ... expect to be challenged on them when you get them seriously wrong.

You also have it wrong when you say thousands have contributed to Mr Amaral's appeal fund ... at my last count 1266 donations had been made ... and as you belatedly acknowledge, many of the contributions are from multiple doners some of whom have pledged to continue on a weekly basis.

I see why it annoys you ... but don't take it out on me if the truth of the lie is being revealed so succinctly ... Mr Amaral's support does not number in the thousands ... but it is interesting seeing them putting their money where their mouth is and reading some of that as well.

I challenged YOU on your assertions, thats all, stop making such a song and dance act about everything

I also see my original reply post to you has been deleted....interesting

Offline Alice Purjorick

It doesn't matter how many as long he receives enough dosh to lodge with his appeal documents. Of course with a totaliser running he can legitimately spin it out til 40 days. Well honest guv I didn't have the dosh look at the "go fund me" totaliser.
As for multiple Doners I have them on a Thursday night after multiple scoops of Stella's Tortoise wiv me mates innit.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

It doesn't matter how many as long he receives enough dosh to lodge with his appeal documents. Of course with a totaliser running he can legitimately spin it out til 40 days. Well honest guv I didn't have the dosh look at the "go fund me" totaliser.
As for multiple Doners I have them on a Thursday night after multiple scoops of Stella's Tortoise wiv me mates innit.
`

I do not have the slightest issue with the numbers anxious to fund Mr Amaral's appeal with repeat donations ... if there are people who seem to be very sensitive about it ... I do not number amongst them.

Instructive that there was such a transparent reaction when the myth of the thousands has been shown to be just so much hot air ... nothing at all unusual there.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 08:47:30 AM by Eleanor »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

This discussion is hilarious...so many being annoyed by donations to a defense fund of 20kwhen the Mccanns have had over 3 million to a fund which in their own words they can use as they like and which in fact has been used for many more purposes than directly searching! Pathetic

Offline Brietta

This discussion is hilarious...so many being annoyed by donations to a defense fund of 20kwhen the Mccanns have had over 3 million to a fund which in their own words they can use as they like and which in fact has been used for many more purposes than directly searching! Pathetic

At the last count the fund stood at £20,550 ... yet again you are guilty of making an unsubstantiated statement ... please provide evidence that "so many are annoyed"  ... should be easy enough to back up if there is any truth in it.

Offline Mr Gray

I'm looking forward to the fund reaching 25,000 which will result in an article by the Sun

Offline slartibartfast

At the last count the fund stood at £20,550 ... yet again you are guilty of making an unsubstantiated statement ... please provide evidence that "so many are annoyed"  ... should be easy enough to back up if there is any truth in it.

Well you seem to be.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Carana

Was there ever any confirmation of the rumour that there had been an attempt to settle by either party prior to the trial?

ferryman

Offline mercury

Was there ever any confirmation of the rumour that there had been an attempt to settle by either party prior to the trial?

IIRC it was more than a "rumour"

Alfred R Jones

Has Amaral appealed yet?

Offline Alice Purjorick

Has Amaral appealed yet?

Probably not, there are 12 days remaining.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Jean-Pierre

Has Amaral appealed yet?

Not to me, he hasn't