Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853037 times)

ferryman

http://portugalresident.com/madeleine-libel-hearing-is-adjourned-as-lawyer-has-swine-flu

Last time it was swine flu.

On the basis that he can't pull that particular stunt again I was gently suggesting an alternative.

Who mentioned being PC by the way?

Whichever the day, how would you assess Amaral's chances of lodging grounds of an appeal the judge will deem satisfactory, JP?

Offline Jean-Pierre

Whichever the day, how would you assess Amaral's chances of lodging grounds of an appeal the judge will deem satisfactory, JP?

The grounds upon which the McCanns lawyers approached the case, and the Judge's application of the law, would seem to be correct, and according to the judgement leave very little room.

I think he would struggle to challenge the facts proven.

So any appeal will have to be on points of law, and they will have to be pretty fundamental.  At the moment I cant think of one.

ferryman

The grounds upon which the McCanns lawyers approached the case, and the Judge's application of the law, would seem to be correct, and according to the judgement leave very little room.

I think he would struggle to challenge the facts proven.

So any appeal will have to be on points of law, and they will have to be pretty fundamental.  At the moment I cant think of one.

Thanks, JP.

Do we know if Amaral has legal representation?

Presumably the bulk of the money in the fund would go to paying his legal fees?

Offline Jean-Pierre

Thanks, JP.

Do we know if Amaral has legal representation?

Presumably the bulk of the money in the fund would go to paying his legal fees?

I would imagine Miguel Cruz Rodrigues will carry on acting for him. 

Unless he gets the "old heave ho" for not brandishing Amaral's ace.....?

Offline Mr Moderator

Does Mr Amaral have a website or blog in which he gives updates to his followers?

Offline Jean-Pierre

Does Mr Amaral have a website or blog in which he gives updates to his followers?

I have no idea, sorry.

Offline John

This blog

www.pjga.blogspot.co.uk/
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
This blog

www.pjga.blogspot.co.uk/

The only actual update Amaral has allegedly posted is this one, as far as I can see!

I understand that the court's decision is unfair and puts in question my right and the all Portuguese to freedom of expression and opinion.

For this reason, not conform me and I will turn to the last instance.

I hope I can continue to count on your support, and I will continue to hit me in the true justice system and the realization of justice.

Thank you all.

http://www.pjga.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/uma-mensagem-de-goncalo-amaral.html

No updates on accounts, by anyone  £5%4%
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 07:46:10 PM by DCI »
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

stephen25000

Just saw this on the Amazon site................

'Well, Gezza & Katie (and their handful of ######## #######) have just been handed a very nice little "something to chew on for the weekend" over at gofundme:

'£1,000 MPS - 21 mins ago MPS from an anonymous but very large group of Brit. police officers, outraged at the way in which an SIO has been treated. This strikes at the very basis of the way investigations whould be conducted, "Without Fear or Favour, Malice or ill will". The world can clearly see where the malice and ill-will are in this case.'

http://www.gofundme.com/Legal-DefencePJGA  '

Mmmm. 8((()*/

Thanks to this very generous gift of a grand the Defence Fund has now reached a very useful £23,150 from 1,382 donations. The msm must be finding it increasingly difficult to ignore this phenomena and it is going to be illuminating to see which tabloid rag will break the news first, when the initial target is achieved

ferryman

Just saw this on the Amazon site................

'Well, Gezza & Katie (and their handful of ######## #######) have just been handed a very nice little "something to chew on for the weekend" over at gofundme:

'£1,000 MPS - 21 mins ago MPS from an anonymous but very large group of Brit. police officers, outraged at the way in which an SIO has been treated. This strikes at the very basis of the way investigations whould be conducted, "Without Fear or Favour, Malice or ill will". The world can clearly see where the malice and ill-will are in this case.'

http://www.gofundme.com/Legal-DefencePJGA  '

Mmmm. 8((()*/

Thanks to this very generous gift of a grand the Defence Fund has now reached a very useful £23,150 from 1,382 donations. The msm must be finding it increasingly difficult to ignore this phenomena and it is going to be illuminating to see which tabloid rag will break the news first, when the initial target is achieved

Do you suppose that, because that's what it says on the site, that's what has actually happened?

stephen25000

Do you suppose that, because that's what it says on the site, that's what has actually happened?

Do you suppose that, because the mccanns said it was an abduction, that's what has actually happened ?

and do you really believe all police officers believe the mccanns 'story' ?   @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*

Offline Montclair

Do you suppose that, because the mccanns said it was an abduction, that's what has actually happened ?

and do you really believe all police officers believe the mccanns 'story' ?   @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*

8@??)( 8@??)(

ferryman

I leave it to senile and incompetent Portuguese judges who find in favour of the McCanns to believe things like that .

stephen25000

I leave it to senile and incompetent Portuguese judges who find in favour of the McCanns to believe things like that .

Oh dear, is that the best you can do ?

How many judges was that ferryman ?

Appeal pending of course. 8**8:/:

ferryman

Oh dear, is that the best you can do ?

How many judges was that ferryman ?

Appeal pending of course. 8**8:/:

Appeal to be applied for

And approved or denied.

If denied, the McCanns will be outright winners at first instance.

We'll see ...