Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853147 times)

Offline jassi

people, trolls and members of the Metropolitan Police Force, allegedly.  That's the interesting bit. 8(>((

Indeed it is. True or false, the editor considered it appropriate to mention that donations had been made by the police.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

ferryman

What will happen to the money if Amaral is denied leave to appeal?

Offline G-Unit

I don't think we know, do we? I'm sure it will become clear if his appeal is denied.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

ferryman

I don't think we know, do we? I'm sure it will become clear if his appeal is denied.

So we still await confirmation that Amaral will appeal?

Offline Montclair

Why do you keep thinking that Amaral will be denied leave to appeal? That question has already been answered.

ferryman

Why do you keep thinking that Amaral will be denied leave to appeal? That question has already been answered.

No it hasn't.

Amaral hasn't lodged his appeal yet.

When it is lodged, it will be considered and either accepted or declined.

If it is declined, the McCanns will be outright winners at first instance.

Offline pathfinder73

The 357,000 figure is spooky. 3-5-07
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline jassi

No it hasn't.

Will they really?
It seems to me that however much MONEY they might receive, they will always be losers, in that they have lost their eldest child.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

ferryman

Will they really?
It seems to me that however much MONEY they might receive, they will always be losers, in that they have lost their eldest child.

Pretty much the only consolation some people of a certain persuasion will have left ....

Offline G-Unit

Will they really?

I agree. Money doesn't buy happiness or restore a reputation. Had an ordinary citizen written the same book as Amaral no award would have been made. He paid for what he said as because he was an ex policeman, no other reason.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Montclair

No it hasn't.

It will be considered by the Appeals Court. With the amount of € 500.000,00 at stake there is no way that it would not go to the Tribunal da Relação. Haven't you been reading the posts about the appeals procedure.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 10:49:17 AM by Eleanor »

ferryman

It will be considered by the Appeals Court. With the amount of € 500.000,00 at stake there is no way that it would not go to the Tribunal da Relação. Haven't you been reading the posts about the appeals procedure.

I have.

But why should it be necessary to do more than compare the final chapter of Amaral's book (which accuses them of direct complicity in the "death" of their daughter) with that part of the Prosecutors' archiving dispatch which makes plain the McCanns are not implicated at all in their daughter's disappearance?

After that, invite Amaral to packing, surely?

Offline Angelo222

I have.

But why should it be necessary to do more than compare the final chapter of Amaral's book (which accuses them of direct complicity in the "death" of their daughter) with that part of the Prosecutors' archiving dispatch which makes plain the McCanns are not implicated at all in their daughter's disappearance?

After that, invite Amaral to packing, surely?

The AG said no such thing Ferryman.  They said there was no evidence of the parents involvement which is a long way from what you inferred.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

ferryman

The AG said no such thing Ferryman.  They said there was no evidence of the parents involvement which is a long way from what you inferred.

No it's not.

Offline Angelo222

No it's not.

Yes it is.  There is no way the AG could make that determination since even the crime if any is unknown.  In any event, he made it crystal clear that the McCanns lost the opportunity to prove/confirm/corroborate what they claimed by the actions of their friends in refusing to cooperate with the investigation.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 11:32:26 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!