Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 852932 times)

Online Eleanor

Topic Please.

Alfred R Jones

For example?
One example would be the person who left a donation in the name of Isabel Duarte.  Another would be the person who signed themselves MPS and claimed that "a large number" of police officers had had a whip round and raised £1,000.  Plenty more examples would be those (often anonymous donors) with a PREFERENCE for leaving messages propagating all the usual MYTHS and LIES associated with this case and DOING so with a plethora of ANGRY capital letters and EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!! 

I guess it depends though on your definition of "sick troll".  I think there is something quite sick about the concerted and determined effort to cause the McCanns as much hurt as possible, which - let's be honest - is what this fund raising campaign is really all about.  You can dress it up as a "crusade for justice" by lovely decent people as much as you like, but in my opinion there is something both sick and trollish about supporting a man legally adjudged to have caused damage to the parents of a missing child.  But then there have been all sorts of movements and campaigns that have attracted wide support that I have struggled to understand - at one point (for example) the BNP had close to 12,000 fully paid up members for example, and they used to have a huge upsurge of donations every time the MSM reported another Nick Griffin racist remark, arrest or thuggish debacle - I guess throwing your support behind causes and individuals like this is a way of snubbing your nose at the establishment, all very British I'm sure! 

stephen25000

One example would be the person who left a donation in the name of Isabel Duarte.  Another would be the person who signed themselves MPS and claimed that "a large number" of police officers had had a whip round and raised £1,000.  Plenty more examples would be those (often anonymous donors) with a PREFERENCE for leaving messages propagating all the usual MYTHS and LIES associated with this case and DOING so with a plethora of ANGRY capital letters and EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!! 

I guess it depends though on your definition of "sick troll".  I think there is something quite sick about the concerted and determined effort to cause the McCanns as much hurt as possible, which - let's be honest - is what this fund raising campaign is really all about.  You can dress it up as a "crusade for justice" by lovely decent people as much as you like, but in my opinion there is something both sick and trollish about supporting a man legally adjudged to have caused damage to the parents of a missing child.  But then there have been all sorts of movements and campaigns that have attracted wide support that I have struggled to understand - at one point (for example) the BNP had close to 12,000 fully paid up members for example, and they used to have a huge upsurge of donations every time the MSM reported another Nick Griffin racist remark, arrest or thuggish debacle - I guess throwing your support behind causes and individuals like this is a way of snubbing your nose at the establishment, all very British I'm sure!

Yet another tirade in support of the mccanns.

and bringing in the BNP  into it.

How desperate.

Offline Carew

Could be that a lot of popcorn is being consumed whilst every donation is being scrutinised and sweated over by some very obsessive persons...........( comfort eating, perhaps?)

Offline carlymichelle

Yet another tirade in support of the mccanns.

and bringing in the BNP  into it.

How desperate.

mcann supporters are just angry because more people support GA then they  do kate mcann you can tell it infuritates them!!!

stephen25000

mcann supporters are just angry because more people support GA then they  do kate mcann you can tell it infuritates them!!!

Too right Carlymichelle.

Alfred R Jones

@)(++(* Yes I'm really infuritated!

Offline Jean-Pierre

Absolutely incandescent  *&*%£

Offline G-Unit

Which is why The Star referred to 'people, police officers and trolls'. Some people have posted inappropriate comments. The vast majority haven't. The good thing, in my opinion, is that the hysteria about 'trolls' is being seen for what it always was; a ploy to discredit those who have had doubts about the McCann's story.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Jean-Pierre

On a more serious note, I do not think I would describe myself as a "McCann supporter" as described by some members of this forum.  I would however describe myself as a passionate supporter of justice. 

And this case is intriguing because of the small but very vocal community who are convinced that the McCanns are guilty (but seem to be rather unclear as to what they are guilty of) based on some very ropey "evidence".

On the present showing I see them as grieving parents. And on the theme of his thread made the subject of an extraordinary and totally unjustifiable campaign by an ex policeman who thought he could drive a coach and horses through both law and accepted practice.  Quite apart from the press in 2007 and 2008.

If actual evidence does emerge that the McCanns were involved in Madeleines disappearance, then they should feel the full force of the law and I will fully support that.  But to date there is no such evidence of any kind.   

stephen25000

You will be if Amaral wins  subsequent appeals.  8((()*/

Offline Benice

On a more serious note, I do not think I would describe myself as a "McCann supporter" as described by some members of this forum.  I would however describe myself as a passionate supporter of justice. 

And this case is intriguing because of the small but very vocal community who are convinced that the McCanns are guilty (but seem to be rather unclear as to what they are guilty of) based on some very ropey "evidence".

On the present showing I see them as grieving parents. And on the theme of his thread made the subject of an extraordinary and totally unjustifiable campaign by an ex policeman who thought he could drive a coach and horses through both law and accepted practice.  Quite apart from the press in 2007 and 2008.

If actual evidence does emerge that the McCanns were involved in Madeleines disappearance, then they should feel the full force of the law and I will fully support that.  But to date there is no such evidence of any kind.

My sentiments entirely JP.   Your post says it all -  IMO.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Alfred R Jones

I'd go along with every word of that, despite the fact that I have 'McCann Worshipper' below my forum name.  @)(++(*

Alfred R Jones

Which is why The Star referred to 'people, police officers and trolls'. Some people have posted inappropriate comments. The vast majority haven't. The good thing, in my opinion, is that the hysteria about 'trolls' is being seen for what it always was; a ploy to discredit those who have had doubts about the McCann's story.
Seen by who?  No one really gives much thought to or cares about your public image apart from you*, you know.

(you being the collective term for regular online McCann critics / sceptics / doubters)

Offline G-Unit

Seen by who?  No one really gives much thought to or cares about your public image apart from you*, you know.

(you being the collective term for regular online McCann critics / sceptics / doubters)

I have noticed that more supporters fit the definition than those who have doubts;

troll
One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0