Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853360 times)

Alfred R Jones

I have noticed that more supporters fit the definition than those who have doubts;

troll
One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll
Is this a joke?

Offline Brietta

On a more serious note, I do not think I would describe myself as a "McCann supporter" as described by some members of this forum.  I would however describe myself as a passionate supporter of justice. 

And this case is intriguing because of the small but very vocal community who are convinced that the McCanns are guilty (but seem to be rather unclear as to what they are guilty of) based on some very ropey "evidence".

On the present showing I see them as grieving parents. And on the theme of his thread made the subject of an extraordinary and totally unjustifiable campaign by an ex policeman who thought he could drive a coach and horses through both law and accepted practice.  Quite apart from the press in 2007 and 2008.

If actual evidence does emerge that the McCanns were involved in Madeleines disappearance, then they should feel the full force of the law and I will fully support that.  But to date there is no such evidence of any kind.

You have put my sentiments exactly into words, JP.

I am anxious that whoever is responsible for Madeleine McCann's disappearance is found and brought to Justice based solely on evidence.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline slartibartfast

Snip

I am anxious that whoever is responsible for Madeleine McCann's disappearance is found and brought to Justice based solely on evidence.

Ditto
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Brietta

Ditto

I believe in due process ... do you?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Alice Purjorick

Let's put it this way ... the Met are involved in an active investigation which requires the cooperation of another country's police force, particularly as that country retains the lead authority in the case of a missing child.

Officers from the Met are
(a)  showing preference in a judgement handed down by that country's Courts
(b)  the pursuers in that case happen to be the parents of the missing child subject to active investigation by the Met

So at a stroke there is a risk of alienating the establishment of a country whose good will is pivotal to the ongoing case.
There is a risk of causing anxiety, not only to the parents of the child involved in the active Met case, but also to those concerned the police should be seen to be impartial.

All in my opinion of course ... and anyway I have as much faith in the existence of these as I have in the existence of Ulrich Merz.

It's all very much like crisis time in Ireland when instead of the Madonnas starting to spin ... we have detectives.

There is nothing delaying the request for an appeal being submitted now ... and those digging into their pockets should be aware that if allowed it will be an expensive business as long as they are prepared to dig deep ... but while doing so they should remember that Mr Amaral does not qualify for financial support to proceed his cases for the simple reason his income is too great.
How does this materially affect Cocker's Law?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

How does this materially affect Cocker's Law?

You tell me exactly in which way you think it does ... or tell me exactly in which way you think it does not ... maybe even adding a cite to your definition of "Cocker's Law" ... then we can discuss.

Offline slartibartfast

I believe in due process ... do you?

Yes
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Lace

mcann supporters are just angry because more people support GA then they  do kate mcann you can tell it infuritates them!!!

I for one am not angry at all,   the more money Amaral gets the more likely he is to award the McCann's the full amount of damages.

As to your quite childish remark about more people supporting GA than Kate McCann have you noticed that Kate McCann is NOT raising money for herself,    she is raising money for a charity.

Offline pegasus

Donations will really rocket when the major papers mention it, which will be soon, IMO.

Offline pegasus

(snip) ... Another would be the person who signed themselves MPS ... (snip)
It is a big donation, a thousand pounds, so whoever made it, they certainly strongly support Mr Amaral.

Alfred R Jones

It is a big donation, a thousand pounds, so whoever made it, they certainly strongly support Mr Amaral.
I have a strong suspicion that the person who made it also made a similar sized donation earlier, and yes, their fanatical support of Amaral appears to have no price limit.

Alfred R Jones

If money has been withdrawn from this fund into another account for Amaral then how is anyone to know whether or not that money is simply being re-circulated into the fund to make it appear like big donations are still pouring in?  If they play it right they could push the total up to a hundred thou easy peasy! *&*%£

Offline pegasus

If money has been withdrawn from this fund into another account for Amaral then how is anyone to know whether or not that money is simply being re-circulated into the fund to make it appear like big donations are still pouring in?  If they play it right they could push the total up to a hundred thou easy peasy! *&*%£
A hundred thousand, that would be interesting.

Offline Mr Gray

So amaral has raised 25K on the back of a campaign claiming Justice For Madeleine.....The judge has already delivered Justice to Madeleine and amaral is trying to get it thrown out.....

Offline Admin

Madeleine McCann ‘Trolls’ Pay For Amaral Court Appeal

2 JUNE 2015

The search for Madeleine McCann remains fruitless, but numerous members of the public — across the world — are publicly showing support for the former detective who notoriously accused her parents of covering up her death. Goncalo Amaral may have lost in court against the missing child’s parents, but more than 1,500 people have come forward to show support for the former cop by paying for his court appeal en masse. The Daily Star has referred to these charitable donors as “sick trolls,” but they’ve nonetheless raised more than the £25,000 needed for his court fees. That means Goncalo Amaral can continue the fight for his right to publish evidence and theories against Kate and Gerry McCann.

Among the 1,559 donors who contributed to the fund, it’s believed that officers with the Metropolitan Police Service also donated a large amount of money. Those presumed officers claimed that they were “outraged at the way in which a senior investigating officer has been treated” in relation to the Madeleine McCann case. The donation from the MPS may not have been what pushed the funds to the intended goal, but it certainly did help.

The fund was started by a 22-year-old Birmingham woman after news broke that Goncalo Amaral had been ordered to pay out hundreds of thousands of dollars to Kate and Gerry McCann. CBS News CrimeSider reports that the McCanns won a libel payout after a long battle pertaining to Amaral’s published book Truth of the Lie, which pointed out all of the investigative evidence against the parents while theorizing and speculating that they may have accidentally killed Madeleine due to negligence before covering up her death. It only took about a month before donations from all over the world funded the entirety of Amaral’s appeal.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2137703/madeleine-mccann-trolls-pay-for-amaral-court-appeal/#0OYhawFyDe0uxdwc.99
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 12:16:33 AM by Admin »