Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853090 times)

stephen25000

Why is that?

Most to speak out against them have been misguided and wrong.

'misguided and wrong' ?

You only say that for blatantly obvious reasons.

Offline Jean-Pierre

A hypothetical situation agreed.  Amaral has attracted so much support because he is seen as the underdog fighting for survival.

Your comments about the judge suggest a nasty attack of sour grapes.

Offline Angelo222

Why is that?

Most to speak out against them have been misguided and wrong.

You mean like you were yesterday when you again tried to claim the Portuguese prosecutors had cleared the McCanns?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 01:33:16 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

Your comments about the judge suggest a nasty attack of sour grapes.

Most things in Portugal are still politically motivated so I have no reason to believe the recent trial was any different.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline pegasus

Still nothing in any major UK papers except the star about this remarkable raising of more than the 25K target? Hopefully it won't be long before the sun rises.   
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 02:11:02 PM by pegasus »

Offline Jean-Pierre

I totally agree.  The McCanns have always been the fortunate position to be able to throw money at anyone who speaks out against them and that will in the end be their undoing.

What are you saying?  That the McCanns have no right to go to law?

They took action against Express Newspapers and won.  Was that unbalanced?

They took action against Bennett (who had too much money to qualify for legal aid - as does Amaral)  - are you suggesting that Tugendhut was impressed and swayed by fancy lawyers from Carter Ruck?

Offline Jean-Pierre

Most things in Portugal are still politically motivated so I have no reason to believe the recent trial was any different.

Portugal is rightly proud of its independent judiciary. 

Offline Angelo222

Still nothing in any major UK papers except the star about this remarkable raising of more than the 25K target? Hopefully it won't be long before the sun rises.

The British Press are a shower [ moiderated ] and Coulson who was let off by a Scot judge on Friday is one of the worst.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 03:36:34 PM by John »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

Portugal is rightly proud of its independent judiciary.

@)(++(*  Will you still say that if the Appeal Court kick her judgement into touch?

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline jassi

What are you saying?  That the McCanns have no right to go to law?

They took action against Express Newspapers and won.  Was that unbalanced?

They took action against Bennett (who had too much money to qualify for legal aid - as does Amaral)  - are you suggesting that Tugendhut was impressed and swayed by fancy lawyers from Carter Ruck?

I imagine most people end up being  impressed and swayed by fancy lawyers from Carter Ruck.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

I strongly disagree with some of the accusations in the original investigation / book / video.
Just 1 example the interpretation of the clothing alerts is IMO wrong wrong wrong.
But I support Mr Amaral, and IMO the young lady is doing a great job to balance the lopsided balloon basket which was hanging at a crazy 45 degrees due to the large amounts of legal expenses cash from rich donors all piled up on one side of the basket.

Mr Amaral has been supported throughout the process by public subscription paid into a Fund set up by his friends for that purpose.  He has thus been able to employ some of the best lawyers in Portugal ... and has had various disputes and a parting of the ways with some ... on occasion resulting in the case being dragged out and becoming more expensive with each delay.

I suggest had Mr Amaral being paying for this process from his own pocket the case may not have dragged on for as long as it has.
IMO as long as Mr amaral is being funded by others he will be quite happy to keep going for as long as the law allows; and if the funders are happy with their money being spent like that, and obviously they are, there is no problem.

If his appeal is allowed ... I am confident he will lose it ... but in any case he has lost something more important to himself than that ... he has lost credibility.
Not everyone sees the world through the prism of the McCann sites.  The modern view is coloured by the present day events of the PJ and SY investigating the case of a missing little girl and her parents winning record damages against their main accuser.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Jean-Pierre

@)(++(*  Will you still say that if the Appeal Court kick her judgement into touch?

If that happens, yes.

The difference is that I am a believer in justice - and the process does get most things right (although sometimes it takes time).

I don't cry foul, and make whining excuses about the judge being politically motivated.

Offline Jean-Pierre

I imagine most people end up being  impressed and swayed by fancy lawyers from Carter Ruck.

How closely did you follow that particular case?

Offline jassi

How closely did you follow that particular case?

Not at all. I was commenting more about Carter Ruck's general reputation.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Online Eleanor

I'm not having Judge Tugendhat slagged off.  Sorry about that, but it won't be allowed to happen.