Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853035 times)

Offline pegasus

Well either the McCanns are funding it themselves, or have negotiated contingency fees with their lawyers.  In my opinion this is the most likely.
IMO there must be a large amount of funding for legal expenditure.

Offline Jean-Pierre

IMO there must be a large amount of funding for legal expenditure.

If contingency fee, why?

Offline pegasus

If contingency fee, why?
I remember at least two millionaires providing large money for legal costs.

Offline Jean-Pierre

I remember at least two millionaires providing large money for legal costs.

Possibly - but do you agree that the important thing is that both sides have adequate funding for representation? 

Offline pegasus

Possibly - but do you agree that the important thing is that both sides have adequate funding for representation?
Far more important is that SY and PJ together solve the case now and I think that may be happening.
Only then I think will Mr Amaral be content.

Offline Jean-Pierre

Far more important is that SY and PJ together solve the case now and I think that may be happening.
Only then I think will Mr Amaral be content.

Amen to that

However we will have to agree to differ on Amaral. 

Offline Eleanor

Jean Pierre, you try so hard to be fair.  Or perhaps you don't.  It doesn't really matter.  But I know that you donated the The Amaral Fund in the name of Balance, but call it what you will.
Some persons just don't want to know, or even understand why.  So they ignore what you did.

I haven't donated to anything and probably never will.  The pound in my pocket is too important to me.  And I can't be asked to show loyalty by giving money that I can ill afford, to anyone who is far better off than I am.

I just stick in here, and hope.

Offline G-Unit

I do apologise Pegasus - the mem and arts do not include assistance to the McCanns - you were quite right.

So the fund cannot be being used to fund legal action against Amaral. 

They are quite clear as to the uses the fund monies can be put to.

Which puts a rather different perspective on the financial equality question, does it not.

As they argued that the book harmed the search for Madeleine and as she was involved in the action the fund may have been used, although they did have a legal defense fund at one point started by Richard Branson when the McCanns were made arguidos. I wonder if that was actual money or pledges.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

ferryman

Do we have actual confirmation that Amaral has appealed?

Alfred R Jones

Today or Monday 8(0(*

Offline Mr Gray

It seems not . When amaral is totally quiet we are told he's biding his time...when SY are quiet we are told they are doing nothing...the usual double standards of the deluded

ferryman

After Amaral has lodged his appeal, how long will it be before we know whether his grounds of appeal have been accepted (distinct from when the appeal, if allowed, will be heard)?

ferryman

Jean Pierre, you try so hard to be fair.  Or perhaps you don't.  It doesn't really matter.  But I know that you donated the The Amaral Fund in the name of Balance, but call it what you will.
Some persons just don't want to know, or even understand why.  So they ignore what you did.

I haven't donated to anything and probably never will. The pound in my pocket is too important to me.  And I can't be asked to show loyalty by giving money that I can ill afford, to anyone who is far better off than I am.

I just stick in here, and hope.

Even in France?

Offline Montclair

After Amaral has lodged his appeal, how long will it be before we know whether his grounds of appeal have been accepted (distinct from when the appeal, if allowed, will be heard)?

I suggest that you read back about appeals as it seems that you have not yet grasped certain facts. If the first instance judge does not accept the grounds for appeal, she maintains her judgement and she then sends the appeal up to the Tribunal da Relação.

Offline Alice Purjorick

That possibly is the only point you and I agree on J-P.
The law is for everyone regardless; even those we don't like.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey