Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853025 times)

Offline Mr Gray

We don't even see the tip of the iceberg over here ... but it has all been rumbling about  beneath the surface for many years before the McCann family set foot on Portuguese soil.

so another indication that the honourable amaral is not so honourable after all

Offline Carana

I hadn't noticed this before. Quite poignant, IMO. Moreover, it helps to clarify the point that just because something appears in the police files doesn't make it true.

Art 27 and 28. The decision concerning this issue faces, firstly, the problem of the dichotomy between "facts ascertained during the investigating process" and "facts that also are part of the investigating process". If “acts ascertained in the investigation" refers to those which, with rigour and according to the procedural-penal dogma, are the result of the investigation that was achieved, then only one deserves this qualification – the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
(P.10)
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/v02.htm

Offline John

This is undoubtedly an emotive subject for many and for the most part I am pleased to see that posts are constructive and presented in a pleasant manner.  To those who are still making disrespectful comments and are being less than polite to their fellow contributors, I urge you to mend your ways. TY
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 11:42:24 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Carana

I suppose he may have seen himself as being in the same position as a whistle blower. He thought there was unprecedented support for the Tapas 9 from the UK. He thought the secret services were present. He decided at some point that UK police were only there to protect the McCanns. He believed there was political pressure on the PJ. When he voiced his concerns he was removed from the investigation. He became upset because the PJ didn't support him. That seems to be why he decided to write his book.

How can one consider oneself to be a whistleblower while simultaneously insisting that the facts presented are in the publicly accessible files?

Offline G-Unit

How can one consider oneself to be a whistleblower while simultaneously insisting that the facts presented are in the publicly accessible files?

In respect of what he thought was going on 'behind the scenes', not in the investigation.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

ferryman

And simultaneously simultaneously insisting that his book contained explosive revelations (which none too impressed the judge, as I recall).

Offline John

One must always remember that Gonçalo will have information in his possession concerning individuals and events which not even he can divulge, at least not yet.  There will also be confidences which he cannot break for fear of losing what support he still has among former colleagues.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 12:49:22 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

ferryman

One must always remember that Gonçalo will have information in his possession concerning individuals and events which not even he can divulge, at least not yet.

If his appeal is not allowed, I can well imagine that he will be none too keen to divulge that publicly ....

Offline Mr Gray

One must always remember that Gonçalo will have information in his possession concerning individuals and events which not even he can divulge, at least not yet.  There will also be confidences which he cannot break for fear of losing what support he still has among former colleagues.

of course...his ace...wonder when he will play it

Offline John

of course...his ace...wonder when he will play it

I have a feeling that ace might well come with consequences.

Offline Carana

LOL John.

Can we have a crystal ball smiley, please?

Do you think he's found NSA photos of Gerry dressed in Kate's check trousers carrying Madeleine covered in the pink blanket yet?  £4%4£

« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 01:36:16 PM by Carana »

Alfred R Jones

Why "not yet"?  Is he the only person with this top secret information? And, if it's so top secret how do you even know it exists...?

Offline Carana

Why "not yet"?  Is he the only person with this top secret information? And, if it's so top secret how do you even know it exists...?

If he had any such information, he would have been obliged to hand it over to the PJ... if that's the case, what did Paiva do with it? Paiva was, after all, one of his witnesses...

Offline John

Every police officer will have information which will never find its way into the public domain, I'm afraid it goes with the job.