Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853135 times)

Offline pegasus

What is that estimate based on?
A very small quantity of lawyers. I assume there is only one?

Offline pegasus

In this libel case has the 2008 LP statement been mentioned yet by Mr Amaral's lawyer?

ferryman

In this libel case has the 2008 LP statement been mentioned yet by Mr Amaral's lawyer?

Do you mean the one before the files were released?

If so, irrelevant ...

Offline pegasus

Do you mean the one before the files were released?

If so, irrelevant ...
The Leic Police statement to the Court was made at a date (7 July 2008 IIRC) when Mr Amaral was completing the final words of his book, and is therefore relevant IMO.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 10:33:01 PM by pegasus »

Offline Miss Taken Identity

I don't find the mocking comments about the bike ride to raise money for a charity to be in quite the same league as some of the nonsense people think  £5.00 donation entitles them to post.  I am incredulous as to how the brains of these individuals are wired ... and anyone from the real world (not our incestuous little corner of it) bothering to read must simply be disgusted at the open hatred displayed.

I most certainly am disgusted at the hatred towards Amaral, and others who do not believe in the McCanns stranger abduction theory as well.

He has every right to access his legal right regardless of what is said on here, It does seem to upset some folks though.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline pegasus

This case started with an "ex-parte" injunction.
Mr Amaral was not allowed to be present and was not even informed about it.

Offline Brietta

I most certainly am disgusted at the hatred towards Amaral, and others who do not believe in the McCanns stranger abduction theory as well.

He has every right to access his legal right regardless of what is said on here, It does seem to upset some folks though.

I haven't actually seen anyone on this forum objecting to people funding Mr Amaral's appeal ... what they wish to do with their money is entirely their concern.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

I haven't actually seen anyone on this forum objecting to people funding Mr Amaral's appeal ... what they wish to do with their money is entirely their concern.
And I am sure nobody will have any objection if the gofundme total raised increases to £40K when the Sun Mirror Mail Telegraph Guardian Times Independent BBC ITV and Sky all finally end their recent silence about it? That is big amount of publicity coming soon?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 03:51:46 AM by pegasus »

Alfred R Jones

And I am sure nobody will have any objection if the gofundme total raised increases to £40K when the Sun Mirror Mail Telegraph Guardian Times Independent BBC ITV and Sky all finally end their recent silence about it? That is big amount of publicity coming soon?
I thought £25k was supposed to be the trigger point for mass media interest...?

stephen25000

Now where did I read that some UK newspapers would not report anything really in favour of Amaral and against the mccanns...........................

Offline Brietta

If the appeal goes ahead I think it will need to top at least £40,000 and keep going and if one appeal precipitates another it could be an even longer haul. 

I hope people are prepared for that.

More important than any alleged silence (the sum of £60,000 raised by more people in a far shorter space of time to fund legal action against Alastair Carmichael, a national politician ~ has received little attention and certainly not a front page) is the fact we have heard absolutely zilch about the appeal. 

Not even a line anywhere to say it is proceeding.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

ferryman

That's a big if.

Even though it's possible to do far more, it shouldn't be necessary to have to do more than compare that part of the prosecutors' report which makes plain the McCanns are not guilty of any crime with the final chapter of Amaral's book, to scupper all Amaral's hopes of an appeal ....

Offline Angelo222

That's a big if.

Even though it's possible to do far more, it shouldn't be necessary to have to do more than compare that part of the prosecutors' report which makes plain the McCanns are not guilty of any crime with the final chapter of Amaral's book, to scupper all Amaral's hopes of an appeal ....

There you go again, putting your own indemnable slant on the archiving report.

The AG stated there was no proof they were involved..NOT THAT THEY WEREN'T !!!

The jury's still out on that question ferryman.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 09:54:54 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

ferryman

All im-modesty to the fore, I've yet to hear a more plausible explanation than mine of why Santos began proceedings with a plea that proceedings be in camera to protect Madeleine lest Madeleine be alive.

Libel was admitted, making sense of pronouncements about later proceedings that they were damages proceedings.

Indeed, proceedings to establish damage arising from proven and admitted libel ...

Offline carlymichelle

There you go again, putting your own slant on the archiving report.

The AG stated there was no proof they were involved..NOT THAT THEY WEREN'T !!!

The jury's still out on that question ferryman.

exactly     the mcann supporters only read  what  they want too imo