Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853035 times)

Alfred R Jones

Correct.
Being an old cynic one could say "Corpulent balding middle aged ex maybe bent copper appealing court judgement" don't sell copy.
"Cute little blonde girl with tennis balls"....kerching. But one would guess that particular kerching sells less copy than it used to so will wind down until something truly eye catching happens.
Pegasus' contention that it was the humungous fund raised by the Ammy Barmy Army that was in itself noteworthy, not so much the fact of the bent ex-copper appealing....

stephen25000

Pegasus' contention that it was the humungous fund raised by the Ammy Barmy Army that was in itself noteworthy, not so much the fact of the bent ex-copper appealing....

and what about the mccanny barmy army ?

After all, it takes two to tango. 8(0(*

Offline Alice Purjorick

I don't understand gibberish can you do it in English, French or German please?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline pegasus

I had been led to believe that at least one major UK newspaper (not the star) was planning to report this as soon as it reached 25K target. Also there is a donation claiming to be from a journo which says that articles are being held back until time right.

Offline Carana

I had been led to believe that at least one major UK newspaper (not the star) was planning to report this as soon as it reached 25K target. Also there is a donation claiming to be from a journo which says that articles are being held back until time right.

A lot of sauces have said a lot of things over time, Pegasus.

Offline Carana

Correct.
Being an old cynic one could say "Corpulent balding middle aged ex maybe bent copper appealing court judgement" don't sell copy.
"Cute little blonde girl with tennis balls"....kerching. But one would guess that particular kerching sells less copy than it used to so will wind down until something truly eye catching happens.

That seems to be a reasonable assumption to me...

Offline pegasus

A lot of sauces have said a lot of things over time, Pegasus.
No sauces Carana, just noticing a silence.
I bet no-one can tell me who are NW and HM ??
Here's a clue - they and their teams have been working hard behind the scenes and for months now have been completely silent. An interesting silence IMO which may mean they are making real progess? That would make the libel case insignificant.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 08:48:22 PM by pegasus »

Offline Eleanor

Goncalo Amaral has undoubtedly lodged an Appeal.  But it will take time to process.  Unless, of course, his lawyer has told him that he's got no chance.  But why would he do that since there is enough money to pay him?

Goncalo Amaral is not obliged to keep us updated, anymore than The Mccanns are.

Alfred R Jones

And yet no explanation from you concerning the similar apathy from the Portuguese press, despite Amaral's national hero status?

stephen25000

Goncalo Amaral has undoubtedly lodged an Appeal.  But it will take time to process.  Unless, of course, his lawyer has told him that he's got no chance.  But why would he do that since there is enough money to pay him?

Goncalo Amaral is not obliged to keep us updated, anymore than The Mccanns are.

I am in complete agreement with that.

Offline pegasus

And yet no explanation from you concerning the similar apathy from the Portuguese press, despite Amaral's national hero status?
The complete silence from the major Portugese TV stations and newspapers about the gofundme appeal reaching its target so fast, is very strange. I have at this time no explanation for it.

Offline mercury

Gofundmeappeal? Big deal! whats 30k for legal fees to save your sanity reputation life and property to *c5-6million to spend as you wish? Pathetic.

*amended

Offline pegasus

Any views on whether this legal case began with an ex-parte injunction?

Offline Cudge

No sauces Carana, just noticing a silence.
I bet no-one can tell me who are NW and HM ??
Here's a clue - they and their teams have been working hard behind the scenes and for months now have been completely silent. An interesting silence IMO which may mean they are making real progess? That would make the libel case insignificant.

Nigel Worthington ex Leicester and England striker so connections not too far away from Rothley and Hank Marvin former lead guitarist with the shadows who were Cliff Richards back up group and we all are aware of Cliffs connections to the Algarve

Offline Jean-Pierre

Any views on whether this legal case began with an ex-parte injunction?

Yes it did. As so many do.