Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853258 times)

Offline pegasus

Recently we noticed that one of the advertised "objects" (aims) of the  FMF money-raising site was an ex-aim which had run down the curtains and ceased to be at company house several years ago. Have they fixed their site yet? To be sure some of the generous FMF supporters on this forum must have visited FMF this week to make their weekly FMF donation and will be able to tell us? Anyone?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 01:05:31 AM by pegasus »

Offline misty

Recently we noticed that one of the advertised "objects" (aims) of the  FMF money-raising site was an ex-aim which had run down the curtains and ceased to be at company house several years ago. Have they fixed their site yet? To be sure some of the generous FMF supporters on this forum must have visited FMF this week to make their weekly FMF donation and will be able to tell us? Anyone?

I don't think they need our money these days, so sorry, no, have never donated to the fund.

Offline pegasus

Is there anyone here who donated to FMF this year?
Please don't all reply at once, the vast quantity of traffic might bring the internet down.

Offline pegasus

Leanne has stated the gofundme appeal's single aim very clearly and transparently.
For comparision is anyone here willing to visit the FMF site, and post here their advertised aims ("objects")?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 01:59:16 AM by pegasus »

Offline misty

From the site tonight - is this what you want?

Support: Donations

The full objects of the Fund are:

To secure the safe return to her family of Madeleine McCann who was abducted in Praia da Luz, Portugal on Thursday 3rd May 2007;
To procure that Madeleine's abduction is thoroughly investigated and that her abductors, as well as those who played or play any part in assisting them, are identified and brought to justice; and
To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine's family.
If the above objects are fulfilled then the objects of the Foundation shall be to pursue such purposes in similar cases arising in the United Kingdom, Portugal or elsewhere.
               -------------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright
All content appearing on this Web site is the property of:

Madeleine's Fund
P.O. Box 9880
Leicester
LE7 7UJ
Copyright © 2013-2015 Madeleine's Fund. All rights reserved. As a user, you are authorized only to view, copy, print, and distribute documents on this Web site so long as (1) the document is used for informational purposes only, and (2) any copy of the document (or portion thereof) includes the following copyright notice: Copyright © 2013-2015 Madeleine's Fund. All rights reserved.

Offline misty

Leanne has stated the gofundme appeal's single aim very clearly and transparently.
For comparision is anyone here willing to visit the FMF site, and post here their advertised aims ("objects")?

Her appeal quite clearly states all the money is going to her account. It is the lack of transparency after it reaches the Stripe account which is the problem, I think. Some of the Amaral supporters have expressed concern & haven't had a satisfactory answer, especially over the question of refunds.

Offline pegasus

From the site tonight - is this what you want?

Support: Donations

The full objects of the Fund are:

To secure the safe return to her family of Madeleine McCann who was abducted in Praia da Luz, Portugal on Thursday 3rd May 2007;
To procure that Madeleine's abduction is thoroughly investigated and that her abductors, as well as those who played or play any part in assisting them, are identified and brought to justice; and
To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine's family.
If the above objects are fulfilled then the objects of the Foundation shall be to pursue such purposes in similar cases arising in the United Kingdom, Portugal or elsewhere.
               -------------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright
All content appearing on this Web site is the property of:

Madeleine's Fund
P.O. Box 9880
Leicester
LE7 7UJ
Copyright © 2013-2015 Madeleine's Fund. All rights reserved. As a user, you are authorized only to view, copy, print, and distribute documents on this Web site so long as (1) the document is used for informational purposes only, and (2) any copy of the document (or portion thereof) includes the following copyright notice: Copyright © 2013-2015 Madeleine's Fund. All rights reserved.
Thanks misty I would appreciate it if you would please save a screen shot.
I needed that help to be able to say the following without being at risk of being "cruckedn2doored".

The third "object" you have verified today reads as follows:
"To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine's family."

If you are correct, then that fund is making a false statement. That clause was removed from the official company documents several years ago as anyone can easily confirm if they have access to Company House documents.

Offline pegasus

Her appeal quite clearly states all the money is going to her account. It is the lack of transparency after it reaches the Stripe account which is the problem, I think. Some of the Amaral supporters have expressed concern & haven't had a satisfactory answer, especially over the question of refunds.
No, she states that all money goes direct to the PJGA BPI account.
You are quoting a generic GFM sentence.
BTW who pays the multiple lawyers of the 5 people opposing Mr Amaral in this case?

« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 02:47:36 AM by pegasus »

Offline misty

Thanks misty I would appreciate it if you would please save a screen shot.
I needed that help to be able to say the following without being at risk of being "cruckedn2doored".

The third "object" you have verified today reads as follows:
"To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine's family."

If you are correct, then that fund is making a false statement. That clause was removed from the official company documents several years ago as anyone can easily confirm if they have access to Company House documents.

I have taken a screen shot. At the risk of sounding ignorant, how to I add a date to it? (Windows 8.1)

Offline pegasus

I have taken a screen shot. At the risk of sounding ignorant, how to I add a date to it? (Windows 8.1)
No need Misty, and thanks. Yours posts are sufficient to prove I did not invent the fact that "To provide support including financial assistance to Madeleine's family" is still being advertised today.

Offline misty

No, she states that all money goes direct to the PJGA BPI account.
You are quoting a generic GFM sentence.
BTW who pays the multiple lawyers of the 5 people opposing Mr Amaral in this case?

Just because something is stated on the internet doesn't make it true! We don't know who controls the PJGA blog or the BPI account. It would just be proper & correct for her to post a copy of the transfer details so everyone can see that things are above board. TBH I don't care if anyone wishes to donate to GA's fund - that's up to them if they can't see it doesn't help Madeleine in any way whatsoever - but it does bother me if this case is being used for illicit purposes yet again.
As for who pays the McCanns legal fees - I have absolutely no idea. I'm not involved with any of the people "in the know".

Offline pegasus

Just because something is stated on the internet doesn't make it true! We don't know who controls the PJGA blog or the BPI account. It would just be proper & correct for her to post a copy of the transfer details so everyone can see that things are above board. TBH I don't care if anyone wishes to donate to GA's fund - that's up to them if they can't see it doesn't help Madeleine in any way whatsoever - but it does bother me if this case is being used for illicit purposes yet again.
As for who pays the McCanns legal fees - I have absolutely no idea. I'm not involved with any of the people "in the know".
Why not apply equal scrutiny to both funds?
Some peeps are very keen to question the details of how Mr Amaral's lawyer gets paid, but seem happy to not even know or question who or what fund pays the much higher costs of the portugese and english lawyers who represent the five individuals who started this whole court case by applying for an ex-parte (secret) injunction against Mr Amaral.

Offline pegasus

PJGA GFM donations since Apr 29 = 1800+
FMF donations since Apr 29 = ?

ferryman

Someone might end up with a slightly red face if it turns out Amaral has not been granted leave to appeal.

Offline Montclair

Someone might end up with a slightly red face if it turns out Amaral has not been granted leave to appeal.

Why do you keep repeating this, you sound like a broken record. Gonçalo Amaral cannot be denied leave to appeal.