Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853125 times)

ferryman

Why do you keep repeating this, you sound like a broken record. Gonçalo Amaral cannot be denied leave to appeal.

Where is the confirmation that he has been granted leave to appeal?

Offline Brietta

Why do you keep repeating this, you sound like a broken record. Gonçalo Amaral cannot be denied leave to appeal.

Has there been a miscalculation on the final date for submission of an appeal?  We understood it to be last Monday.

If an appeal has been lodged ... why not simply say so?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline John

Has there been a miscalculation on the final date for submission of an appeal?  We understood it to be last Monday.

If an appeal has been lodged ... why not simply say so?

This subject becomes more puzzling by the day. £5%4%
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline jassi

Is it mandatory for such appeals to be publicly announced?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

ferryman

Is it mandatory for such appeals to be publicly announced?

Mandatory?

Can't think of a single reason why anyone would want to keep such a thing quiet, and Ms Baulch did promise an announcement when the appeal had been lodged.

Offline jassi

Presumably she hasn't yet been told - just like the rest of us.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

ferryman

Presumably she hasn't been told - just like the rest of us.

Why would Amaral keep it quiet if he has been granted leave to appeal?

stephen25000

Why would Amaral keep it quiet if he has been granted leave to appeal?

Spoilers.

By your logic it would also be known if he hadn't.

Offline jassi

Spoilers.

Indeed, I'm sure the little lawyer would be shouting it from the rooftops if that were true.

Perhaps there's an injunction  8(0(*

Or maybe not -

ferryman

Spoilers.

Not at all.

Why would Amaral be straining at the leach to tell the world he had been denied leave to appeal?

stephen25000

Not at all.

Why would Amaral be straining at the leach to tell the world he had been denied leave to appeal?

@)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*

Offline slartibartfast

Indeed, I'm sure the little lawyer would be shouting it from the rooftops if that were true.

Perhaps there's an injunction  8(0(*

An interesting thought bearing in mind the strange way the last verdict was released.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

ferryman

@)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*

But I can't think of a single reason why he would be reticent about telling the world he had been granted leave to appeal.

Can you?

stephen25000

But I can't think of a single reason why he would be reticent about telling the world he had been granted leave to appeal.

Can you?

and that works for the mccanns as well. 8)--))

ferryman

and that works for the mccanns as well. 8)--))

What does?