Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853468 times)

stephen25000

What does?

Now if the mccanns knew no appeal was lodged, we would hear from the SOURCES. 8)-)))
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 12:33:09 PM by Eleanor »

Offline Montclair

What does?

You must get it into your head that things don't work the same as they do in the UK. The first instance judge cannot deny the appellant the right to appeal to the higher courts, if he fulfills the 4 bureaucratic requirement. If she does not agree with his arguments, she maintains her verdict and then sends the appeal on to the Tribunal da Relação. The judge can't say "I don't like your arguments and your appeal can't go to the higher court".

ferryman

You must get it into your head that things don't work the same as they do in the UK. The first instance judge cannot deny the appellant the right to appeal to the higher courts, if he fulfills the 4 bureaucratic requirement. If she does not agree with his arguments, she maintains her verdict and then sends the appeal on to the Tribunal da Relação. The judge can't say "I don't like your arguments and your appeal can't go to the higher court".

There is no automatic right of appeal.

Grounds of appeal must be submitted, assessed and either granted or denied.

stephen25000

There is no automatic right of appeal.

Grounds of appeal must be submitted, assessed and either granted or denied.

First you were an expert in dog handling, now in Portuguese Law .....................

Oh dear. &%&£(+ &%&£(+ &%&£(+

Offline Brietta

Is it mandatory for such appeals to be publicly announced?

Don't you think it might be a courtesy to those supporters who have contributed and continue to contribute to his defence fund?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

Maybe, but personally I don't see the big deal. 
As far as I can see, the only ones getting worked up about this are those who dislike the idea of this fund in the first place. 
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

stephen25000

As far as I can see, the only ones getting worked up about this are those who dislike the idea of this fund in the first place.

Exactly Jassi.

As the saying goes, patience is a virtue.

Offline Brietta

There are some who have contributed to the fund who may be beginning to get "worked up" about the lack of information coming out of Portugal, if I am interpreting what I am reading in other places correctly.

If you think it is no big deal not to give out information on the status of an appeal after the flurry of the initial indignant interviews from the proposed appellant ... you would appear to evidence much the same disregard for his supporters as Mr Amaral does by failing to keep them informed.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

ferryman

There are some who have contributed to the fund who may be beginning to get "worked up" about the lack of information coming out of Portugal, if I am interpreting what I am reading in other places correctly.

If you think it is no big deal not to give out information on the status of an appeal after the flurry of the initial indignant interviews from the proposed appellant ... you would appear to evidence much the same disregard for his supporters as Mr Amaral does by failing to keep them informed.

Well put, Brietta ...

Offline jassi

I have  no doubt you are misinterpreting the situation for your own purposes. and I have absolutely no interest in Amaral's supporters or their activities,
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 12:17:03 PM by jassi »
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

An interesting thought bearing in mind the strange way the last verdict was released.

Where are the protestations about freedom of speech and the accompanying images of Mr Amaral's face complete with sticky tape covered mouth, if there was an injunction in place?

Offline Brietta

I have  no doubt you are misinterpreting the situation for your own purposes. and I have absolutely no interest in Amaral's supporters or their activities,

That is a bit of a value judgement.

Mr Amaral's supporters are financing his campaign fund ... and you appear to have expressed an interest by your comments on that.

Offline jassi

That is a bit of a value judgement.

Mr Amaral's supporters are financing his campaign fund ... and you appear to have expressed an interest by your comments on that.

Another bit of misinterpretation on your part.

Or maybe not -

stephen25000

ferryman

Well......................

http://pjga.blogspot.nl/2015/06/update-appeal-filed.html

I was just looking at that.

Appeal submitted.

By the McCanns ....

If it was filed this morning, then it was filed after the deadline for submissions, presumably against the finding that Amaral's book did not harm the search for Madeleine?

Why were the McCanns allowed to submit it late?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 01:01:21 PM by ferryman »