Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853210 times)

ferryman

No. The McCanns have filed nothing. Lets rearrange the sentence.

Gonçalo Amaral's appeal (in the civil case that has been presented against him by the McCann family) has been filed this morning.

The important information is in bold. The information in brackets is just a description of what the appeal is about.

Yes.

OK

Thank you for that.

Offline G-Unit

Well, the fund rolls on. Happy lawyers lol.

Legal Defence for Goncalo Amaral

£29,155 of £25k
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline misty

Come now, Misty.  Lawyers gotta eat....

I'm just wondering how Amaral's going to eat - or does he get meal allowances for waiting time under the definition of expenses?

Offline G-Unit

Yes.

OK

Thank you for that.

You're welcome   8((()*/
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Jean-Pierre

I'm just wondering how Amaral's going to eat - or does he get meal allowances for waiting time under the definition of expenses?

I don't really think we need concern ourselves with that.

Amaral enjoys a pension which is about 17% above the average income for a Portuguese family. 

Offline Carana

So now we've got syntax out of the way, where is there independent corroboration that Amaral's grounds of appeal have been accepted?

And why was he allowed to submit after the deadline for appeals?

ETA: The other point that's not clear is whether his submission has been accepted, or whether it is still under consideration.

If it was filed (late!) this morning, then it is presumably still under consideration ....

It's not clear while "filed" actually means. There was the 5-day clarification period beyond the initial timeframe to take into account (whether or not it was needed in this case) and which has now expired.

And therefore if notice of a dismissal of the appeal hasn't been received by this expiry date, then it would seem logical to assume that it has been accepted.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 01:52:19 PM by Carana »

stephen25000

Surely you realize he wouln't be allowed to file an appeal, if the period he was allowed to do it had expired ?

Offline carlymichelle

whohoo just read the good news about GA   8@??)(

Offline Carana

So, what's next: 30 - 40 days for the McCanns to rebut the grounds, plus the 5-day clarification period?

Does the judge only write her legal opinion once she has both in hand? Or is her legal opinion based solely on the contents of the appellant's submission?

Offline Carana

Surely you realize he wouln't be allowed to file an appeal, if the period he was allowed to do it had expired ?

I amended my post to make it clearer.

stephen25000

I amended my post to make it clearer.

No problemo.

Offline Jean-Pierre

whohoo just read the good news about GA   8@??)(

Be careful what you wish for Carly.  Appeals can be a double edged sword...  8(0(*

stephen25000

Be careful what you wish for Carly.  Appeals can be a double edged sword...  8(0(*

Or not.  8((()*/

ferryman

No doubt there will be confirmation in the mainstream press that Amaral has been allowed his appeal.

Won't there?

Offline Brietta

No doubt there will be confirmation in the mainstream press that Amaral has been allowed his appeal.

Won't there?

I imagine the Portuguese press will report and would be very surprised if they failed to do so.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....