Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 852976 times)

Offline Carana

What's newsworthy about the idea that he's lodged an appeal? Wouldn't it be more or less assumed that he would?

ferryman

What's newsworthy about the idea that he's lodged an appeal? Wouldn't it be more or less assumed that he would?

I would fully expect that to make the Portuguese press.

Offline G-Unit

An opportunity for a good headline?

'Disgraced ex-cop extends the McCann's agony by appealing against the libel decision'

'Disgraced ex cop appeals libel decision thanks to vile internet trolls fund raising to pay his legal bills'

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Jean-Pierre

Or not.  8((()*/

That does not make sense Stephen.  All appeals carry a risk. 

The higher court can review the judgement, and apart from the costs issue it is possible they may increase the award, especially if they continue the method of assessing damages pursued by the lower court. 

But as always, time will tell. 

Offline jassi

An opportunity for a good headline?

'Disgraced ex-cop extends the McCann's agony by appealing against the libel decision'

'Disgraced ex cop appeals libel decision thanks to vile internet trolls fund raising to pay his legal bills'

Or even " McCann fury at decision of disgraced ex cop to  appeal libel decision thanks to vile internet trolls fund raising to pay his legal bills"

@)(++(*
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline jassi

« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 03:38:22 PM by jassi »
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline misty

Offline jassi

Really - from where? Seems to work for me  http://www.gofundme.com/Legal-DefencePJGA

Currently stands at £29,345
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 04:07:39 PM by Angelo222 »

Or maybe not -

stephen25000

That does not make sense Stephen.  All appeals carry a risk. 

The higher court can review the judgement, and apart from the costs issue it is possible they may increase the award, especially if they continue the method of assessing damages pursued by the lower court. 

But as always, time will tell.

I do know that JP.

The last time Amaral appealed the initial decision was overturned.

This case will just drag on.

Offline misty

Really - from where? Seems to work for me  http://www.gofundme.com/Legal-DefencePJGA

Currently stands at £29,345

Your original link was to the PJGA BlogSpot, not GoFundMe. The GFM link did not load on the BlogSpot when I looked - I should have taken a screenshot.

Offline jassi

Your original link was to the PJGA BlogSpot, not GoFundMe. The GFM link did not load on the BlogSpot when I looked - I should have taken a screenshot.

Well it works for me - right hand side just below Paypal logo and picture of Amaral.

Or maybe not -

Offline Jean-Pierre

I do know that JP.

The last time Amaral appealed the initial decision was overturned.

This case will just drag on.

You may be forgetting that was an appeal / review of an ex parte judgement.  The book ban was overturned but not the sequestration of funds.

This is an appeal of a full case where both sides presented their evidence to the court. 

My view is that it's a bit early for either "side" to be jumping for joy. 

ferryman

You may be forgetting that was an appeal / review of an ex parte judgement.  The book ban was overturned but not the sequestration of funds.

This is an appeal of a full case where both sides presented their evidence to the court. 

My view is that it's a bit early for either "side" to be jumping for joy.

What an earth could be the defence of Amaral's proven, manifest and fundamental lies?

ferryman

Since there have been no reports of Amaral sacking his (latest!) lawyer, I suppose, we can trust this latest, apparent, development ...

Offline G-Unit

What an earth could be the defence of Amaral's proven, manifest and fundamental lies?

The trial wasn't about truth or lies, but about damage.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0