Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853519 times)

Offline jassi

Oh, I expect some tabloid hack with a few inches to fill will eventually do so...

Perhaps the Express will pick it up to follow on from the 'bike ride'
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

stephen25000

Has it occurred to you Anna, that the mccanns are not as popular as you think they are, and many people are just plain tired of their PR machine ?

I would actually say, bar the extremes which exist on both sides, the comments pages are probably more than reflective of opinion towards the mccanns.

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
Several of the day’s donors commented this was “news worth celebrating”, but more than one suggested the story is “unlikely to be covered by mainstream media”.

Why not?

So is he appealing against the amount of damages?

Gonçalo Amaral has today filed his appeal against the €500,000-plus damages awarded against him in a civil case taken out by the parents of Madeleine McCann.

I wonder why only Donn is reporting this great day in Portugal, for Gonzo
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 06:46:51 PM by DCI »
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline Mr Gray

Gonçalo Amaral has today filed his appeal against the €500,000-plus damages awarded against him in a civil case taken out by the parents of Madeleine McCann.

if he is only appealing against the amount of damages then that is an acceptance of the judges ruling of the facts in the case

Offline pegasus

"The appeal filed by Mr Amaral's lawyer, Dr Miguel Cruz Rodrigues, at 11h11 this morning"
http://pjga.blogspot.pt/2015/06/update-appeal-filed.html

Offline Brietta

Has it occurred to you Anna, that the mccanns are not as popular as you think they are, and many people are just plain tired of their PR machine ?

I would actually say, bar the extremes which exist on both sides, the comments pages are probably more than reflective of opinion towards the mccanns.

Hmmm ... are you saying it is up to the McCann 'PR machine' to publish the news coming out of Portugal?  I rather thought that was the job of journalists and the news media?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Alfred R Jones

Good question, seeing as how hugely popular Amaral is in his homeland, surely today is a day of national celebration in Portugal, not just in Trollington, UK?

stephen25000

Hmmm ... are you saying it is up to the McCann 'PR machine' to publish the news coming out of Portugal?  I rather thought that was the job of journalists and the news media?

You're trying to twist words again.

The mccanns have repeatedly used PR advisers to try and garnish sympathy.

Right from the start.

Offline pegasus

Lyall

Is there any difference? &%+((£

Offline Montclair

if he is only appealing against the amount of damages then that is an acceptance of the judges ruling of the facts in the case

You can be assured that Gonçalo Amaral is appealing against much more than the amount of damages.

stephen25000

Now what were you saying to me yesterday morning dave ? 8)--))

Alfred R Jones

http://pjga.blogspot.pt/2015/06/a-note-of-gratitude.html
If it's truth that guides the great man then why has he got a conviction for perjury...?  &%+((£