Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853332 times)

stephen25000

According to Anne Guides, Kate's counsellor presented himself as a psychiatrist.

I don't actually believe it; nor that there was ever any question mark over his testimony.

Oh there is.

He was paid by the mccanns.

You do understand the concept of bias, don't you. 8)-)))

Offline Carana

Oh there is.

And Paiva was not at all biased by having Amaral as a boss?

ferryman

The ruling is also online in Portuguese.

The judge set aside the whole issue of establishing whether anything could be considered to be true simply because it appeared in the police files, as it was not within her remit to do so.

Someone has a sense of irony: 

Truth is also simple. It is truth that guides me, and it will continue to do so, in its simplicity and greatness.

Of course it would be, except in cases in which establishing the truth is deliberately set aside.

I really don't think that it's in his best interest to wade into that territory, but who knows...

You'll probably find it was Ann Guides translating her own Portuguese into her own English, producing an uncanny match ....

stephen25000

And Paiva was not at all biased by having Amaral as a boss?
Was one paying the other ?

ferryman

Oh there is.

Yes I do. 

Grime demonstrated it.

But Alan Pike didn't.

Online Eleanor

I do understand The Portuguese Ruling, albeit with some difficulty.  But Amaral did libel The McCanns.  If Portugal has no Law of Libel then it is way past time that they did

And I have absolutely no doubt that The Court of Human Rights will agree with me.

Call it "Denying The Right to Innocence" if you will.  But what he did was unadulterated Libel.

However, we can all now look forward to another five years of this farce.

Offline Carana

You'll probably find it was Ann Guides translating her own Portuguese into her own English, producing an uncanny match ....

The scanned PT ruling appears to be authentic to me.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Kate and Gerry failed to produce independent medical evidence supporting their ludicrous claim for mental trauma induced by the book etc...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Carana

Kate and Gerry failed to produce independent medical evidence supporting their ludicrous claim for mental trauma induced by the book etc...

What would you consider to be independent medical evidence that they wouldn't have had to pay for?

Online Eleanor

Should they have needed to?

Offline Montclair

Depends how much store you set in Anne Guide's reports, I guess.

Her name is Anne Guedes. You could at least spell her name correctly.

stephen25000

Yes I do. 

Grime demonstrated it.

But Alan Pike didn't.

Pure rollocks.

Then again that's hardly a surprise.

P.S. Remind me of Pike's professional qualifications in Psychology.

Online Eleanor

Pure rollocks.

Then again that's hardly a surprise.

P.S. Remind me of Pike's professional qualifications in Psychology.

Does this matter?

stephen25000

Does this matter?

Ask ferryman.

He's  hooked on Pike's professionalism. 8)-)))

Offline Mr Gray

there's no such thing...