Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853035 times)

stephen25000

there's no such thing...

There was no trauma other than what they inflicted on themselves.

and what about Madeleine dave ?

Offline Eleanor

Ask ferryman.

He's  hooked on Pike's professionalism. 8)-)))

I don't think so, Stephen.  There is nothing wrong with the professionalism of Mr. Pike.  Or do you think that there is?

Offline Montclair

Does this matter?

I think that it would count if someone is testifying as to the mental state of one of the parties. At the time of his testimony and when he had met them he was not a qualified psychologist.

Offline Carana

I think that it would count if someone is testifying as to the mental state of one of the parties.

Has the judge put his credentials into question?

stephen25000

I don't think so, Stephen.  There is nothing wrong with the professionalism of Mr. Pike.  Or do you think that there is?

He's not a Psychologist.

and your view is subject to bias as we know.

Offline pegasus

Oh there is.

He was paid by the mccanns.

You do understand the concept of bias, don't you. 8)-)))
In the early weeks AP and IFLG and CR were paid by someone else, just IMO.
Back to the GFM appeal, by midnight it should be over 30,000 pounds

stephen25000

In the early weeks AP and IFLG and CR were paid by someone else, just IMO.
Back to the GFM appeal, by midnight it should be over 30,000 pounds

Until AP became an employee of the mccanns.

At that point he became irrelevant.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Should they have needed to?

Yes, in a court you must fight your case with evidence 'independent' is required. I know this from personal experience.

OR anyone could walk into a court claiming mental trauma....and be backed up by friends.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

stephen25000

Yes, in a court you must fight your case with evidence 'independent' is required. I know this from personal experience.

OR anyone could walk into a court claiming mental trauma....and be backed up by friends.

Precisely.

Has the judge put his credentials into question?

Did she give them a huge payout due to the mental trauma inflicted by the book? or bcause their right to be presumed innocent was denied them...

Um...err...hmm think that just about covers that question.

Offline Eleanor

He's not a Psychologist.

and your view is subject to bias as we know.

As is yours.  But what do you think of Mr. Pike?  Which is what I asked.

Offline Eleanor

So you think that Amaral's Book will have had no effect on The McCanns?

stephen25000

As is yours.  But what do you think of Mr. Pike?  Which is what I asked.

His views are irrelevant.

He is not a psychologist.

So you think that Amaral's Book will have had no effect on The McCanns?

I didn't say that Eleanor.

I believe the book would have an effect, but if they were innocent what would that matter. Further more, they claim the book made matters worse? WT* worse? seriously!  and they tried to load that with more trauma than the original of their daughter 'being abducted' along with the book impacting the search for their daughter- not one bit of evidence of any of that.

For the record: I do not hate the parents ( I am bewildered by their behaviour and outraged by some of it) I am not an Amaral fan either. He has the right to express ......you know. I say what I say from what I have watched of the parents and their interviews. I am not influenced by anyone with any agenda on this forum.

Offline pegasus

No action was taken until later when the film was published. But has the film now been cleared?