Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853273 times)

Online Eleanor

I didn't say that Eleanor.

I believe the book would have an effect, but if they were innocent what would that matter. Further more, they claim the book made matters worse? WT* worse? seriously!  and they tried to load that with more trauma than the original of their daughter 'being abducted' along with the book impacting the search for their daughter- not one bit of evidence of any of that.

For the record: I do not hate the parents ( I am bewildered by their behaviour and outraged by some of it) I am not an Amaral fan either. He has the right to express ......you know. I say what I say from what I have watched of the parents and their interviews. I am not influenced by anyone with any agenda on this forum.

I think I actually believe you.  However, I was exactly the same sort of parent, although probably not quite so good as The McCanns.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

I think I actually believe you.  However, I was exactly the same sort of parent, although probably not quite so good as The McCanns.

Eleanor, there is no such a thing as perfect parents, I am the first to laugh that off re my first child!. If your children grow up with out harm and found their way in life then you did your bit. Don't measure yourself to others. We don't know what happened in PDL that night...

back on topic before you scold me...I don't think it was a great descision to sue Amaral.. especially the way they did.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline pegasus

"Tycoon .... is giving £100,000 to a fund to assist Kate and Gerry McCann with their legal costs."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6997429.stm
If you read the whole article it is clear this is a seperate fund, different to the FMF fund.
Also we read "asking other rich people to donate" so this unnamed fund probably had far more than that £100,000 in it.
Does this fund still exist? What is it called? Who administers it? Is it paying the legal expenses of Mr Amaral's opponents today?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 11:38:18 PM by pegasus »

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
"Tycoon .... is giving £100,000 to a fund to assist Kate and Gerry McCann with their legal costs."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6997429.stm
If you read the whole article it is clear this is a seperate fund, different to the FMF fund.
Does this fund still exist? What is it called? Who administers it? Is it paying the legal expenses of Mr Amaral's opponents today?

That's been known for nearly 8 years Pegasus, Richard Branson was only one of the people who made large donations.
There were quite a few. I thought you would have known them all!
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline pegasus

That's been known for nearly 8 years Pegasus, Richard Branson was only one of the people who made large donations.
There were quite a few. I thought you would have known them all!
So has that £100,000+++ all been spent on legal costs already, or is it now funding the current court case against Mr Amaral?
P.S. As predicted, the gofundme total for Mr Amaral passed £30K before midnight.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 11:54:48 PM by pegasus »

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
So has that £100,000+++ all been spent on legal costs already, or is it now funding the current court case against Mr Amaral?

Already? 8 yeras ago. I shouldn't worry about it, Branson obviously wasn't.
Who has paid for Amarals legal costs, do you know?
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline pegasus

Already? 8 yeras ago. I shouldn't worry about it, Branson obviously wasn't.
Who has paid for Amarals legal costs, do you know?
For several years PJGA have been halping pay Mr Amaral's legal costs defending against a legal attack by some foreign tourists. As for the fund on the other side, we don't even know its name, yet. Those clever legal peeps can't resist tax efficiency so chances are it is hidden away somewhere at CH ?

Offline misty

For several years PJGA have been halping pay Mr Amaral's legal costs defending against a legal attack by some foreign tourists. As for the fund on the other side, we don't even know its name, yet. Those clever legal peeps can't resist tax efficiency so chances are it is hidden away somewhere at CH ?

Maybe it is in a holding account with Carter Ruck.

Offline pegasus

Maybe it is in a holding account with Carter Ruck.
IMO no because at the time they were not involved, nor AFAIK are they involved in the current case.
There must be a fund hidden away somewhere IMO which pays the legal costs of the foreign tourists who initiated the current legal attack on Mr Amaral.

Offline Mr Gray

Eleanor, there is no such a thing as perfect parents, I am the first to laugh that off re my first child!. If your children grow up with out harm and found their way in life then you did your bit. Don't measure yourself to others. We don't know what happened in PDL that night...

back on topic before you scold me...I don't think it was a great descision to sue Amaral.. especially the way they did.

more likely there was a large slice of luck involved

Offline Mr Gray

Interesting...

Dear friends,

Today, the 15th of June, my appeal against the sentence that has recently been produced in the trial concerning my book, "Maddie, A Verdade da Mentira", was filed at the Civil Court of Lisbon.

according to this amaral is appealing against the sentence...not the verdict...if we can trust the translation

Offline Angelo222

I have always said the same, they were badly advised but then these lawyers have a vested interest in the McCanns regardless of whether it is England or Portugal. The McCanns have become a nice little earner and a potential cash cow for some unscrupulous operators.

The biggest mistake the McCanns made was in attempting to sue Amaral for £1million.  They have lost a lot of sympathy by their perceived GREED!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 07:28:17 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

I have always said the same, they were badly advised but then these lawyers have a vested interest in the McCanns regardless of whether it is England or Portugal. The McCanns have become a nice little earner and a potential cash cow for some unscrupulous operators.

The biggest mistake the McCanns made was in attempting to sue Amaral for £1million.  They have lost a lot of sympathy by their perceived GREED!

I think the McCanns were absolutely right to sue amaral and have lost no sympathy

Offline Angelo222

I think the McCanns were absolutely right to sue amaral and have lost no sympathy

You are wrong, they are now being seen as grubby money grabbers and have lost much support evidenced by the dwindling donations to the fund whereas Amaral has never seen so much tangible support previously.

Has the tide turned??
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

You are wrong, they are now being seen as grubby money grabbers and have lost much support evidenced by the dwindling donations to the fund whereas Amaral has never seen so much support.

No I'm right..amaral's support is based on a lie...ie that support for amaral will get justice for maddie. It now looks as though he is only appealing against the level of damages.....how will that get justice for maddie