Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853210 times)

Offline jassi

Only in where burden of proof lies.

The majority of this case was settled in written submissions, just not seen on line.

If they had been seen on line Ms Baulch's fund would scarcely have a euro in it.

You wish   @)(++(*
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Alice Purjorick

If the dog hadn't stopped running he would have caught the bunny.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline sadie

If the dog hadn't stopped running he would have caught the bunny.
The bunny is caught, I think, but at present it is in the wrong burrow.

Did you go to Ampleforth College by any chance?  You sound just like someone I know who went there.

Offline Alice Purjorick

The bunny is caught, I think, but at present it is in the wrong burrow.

Did you go to Ampleforth College by any chance?  You sound just like someone I know who went there.

Good lord no! That's Benedictine Monks and all that isn't it?
Secular Co Ed State Grammar School was me, lass.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline pegasus

Interesting...

Dear friends,

Today, the 15th of June, my appeal against the sentence that has recently been produced in the trial concerning my book, "Maddie, A Verdade da Mentira", was filed at the Civil Court of Lisbon.

according to this amaral is appealing against the sentence...not the verdict...if we can trust the translation
@dave1 The original portuguese text of Mr Amaral's note of gratitude is available for you
http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/
The original word is there.
"sentença" Look it up in a dictionary.
The meanings include "sentence" "judgement" and "verdict".

Offline Mr Gray

@dave1 The original portuguese text of Mr Amaral's note of gratitude is available for you
so it could mean one of three but PJGA have translated it as "sentence"...so it's basically impossible to get an exact translation...must be the same for the files...most of which have been translated twice...I trust you understand what that means for their accuracy

Offline Carana

Only in where burden of proof lies.

The majority of this case was settled in written submissions, just not seen on line.

If they had been seen on line Ms Baulch's fund would scarcely have a euro in it.

I don't see what needed to be settled that isn't in the various rulings. There is always the possibility, however, that something lurking somewhere in the 1000s of pages got missed or wasn't considered to have been fully taken into consideration.

Offline Mr Gray

so is amaral appealing against his sentence or the verdict

I hope all those who question the inaccuracies in the McCanns statement realise how inaccurate the translations may be
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 03:45:27 PM by davel »

Offline Carana

I hope all those who question the inaccuracies in the McCanns statement realise how inaccurate the translations may be

What does the PT original say?

I would think that the safest bet is to assume that it encompasses everything.

Offline pegasus

@dave1 I gave you the original word. "sentença" That is what Mr Amaral wrote. Look it up in a dictionary and translate it for us.

Offline Mr Gray

@dave1 I gave you the original word. "sentença" That is what Mr Amaral wrote. Look it up in a dictionary and translate it for us.
You don't seem to understand......it has several meanings

Offline pegasus

You don't seem to understand......it has several meanings
So use the context and your knowledge from elsewhere to work out what it means.
The irony is no-one here even knows the name of the fund paying the other side's much higher legal costs, it is so expertly concealed.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 05:26:21 PM by pegasus »

Offline Alice Purjorick

There's a sign on the wall but she wants to be sure
'Cause you know sometimes words have two meanings.

Ooh, it makes me wonder,

Offline Mr Gray

So use the context and your knowledge from elsewhere to work out what it means.
The irony is no-one here even knows the name of the fund paying the other side's much higher legal costs, it is so expertly concealed.

PJ GA have translated it as "sentence"...have they got it wrong...perhaps they have...we don't know

stephen25000

PJ GA have translated it as "sentence"...have they got it wrong...perhaps they have...we don't know

Don't worry dave.

Just be patient. 8(>((