Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853069 times)

Offline sadie

You seem to forget all the money Kate and Gerry and their Friends have put into the fund. What has Amaral put into his?
Amaral is a taker.

The Mccanns are givers.

Offline pegasus

Are the mccanns asking for donations to fund their legal adventures?   

Amaral wrote a book and made a video which infringed the mccanns rights and to line his own pockets.  The mccanns have taken action in the Portuguese courts to defend their rights and have thus far been successful.
Reportedly billionaires made donations specifically for legal expenses. The biggest donations to GFM appeal are two donations of a grand, so far.

Alfred R Jones

And what is your opinion of the fund paying for the lawyers on the other side?
I don't really care tbh, but please don't make out that Amaral's Fund is completely transparent, it's anything but IMO.

Offline pegasus

Hypothetically, would the GBP donate to that appeal if they knew there was 2million Euros in it?
To fund fighting against Mr Amaral's appeal?
Two million or nothing, the GBP's response would be exactly the same, to the penny.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 03:10:27 AM by pegasus »

stephen25000

Amaral is a taker.

The Mccanns are givers.

@)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*

Offline Mr Gray

Amaral has told us he is appealing against the sentence...he hasn't mentioned the verdict or judgement...a big climbdown

stephen25000

Amaral has told us he is appealing against the sentence...he hasn't mentioned the verdict or judgement...a big climbdown

Wrong dave.

Just wait for the appeal.

Offline Mr Gray

Wrong dave.

Just wait for the appeal.
amaral's own words..

stephen25000

amaral's own words..

Did he speak them ?

Or were they typed on his behalf ?

Offline Mr Gray

Did he speak them ?

Or were they typed on his behalf ?

you mean like the mccanns statements

stephen25000

you mean like the mccanns statements

i.e. It wasn't given directly from Amaral, was it ?

Offline Mr Gray

i.e. It wasn't given directly from Amaral, was it ?

like the mccanns statements

Offline Mr Gray

Caros amigos,

Hoje, dia 15 de Junho, deu entrada no Tribunal Cível de Lisboa o meu recurso de apelação contra a sentença anteriormente proferida no julgamento relativo ao meu livro, "Maddie, A Verdade da Mentira".

Resta-me aguardar serenamente a decisão do Tribunal da Relação, reiterando a minha confiança na Justiça portuguesa.

A onda de solidariedade que se gerou para me apoiar foi emocionante e faz-me sentir uma enorme humildade. Aqui fica o meu agradecimento pessoal a cada um de vós, que me apoiaram e continuam a apoiar; sem a vossa ajuda, nada disto teria sido possível. 

Winston Churchill disse: "Todas as grandes coisas são simples. E muitas podem ser expressas numa só palavra: liberdade; justiça; honra; dever; piedade; esperança."

Também a verdade é simples. É a verdade que me conduz, e continuará a conduzir, na sua simplicidade e grandeza.

Muito obrigado.

Gonçalo de Sousa Amaral

stephen25000

Can you speak Portuguese now dave ?

Offline Mr Gray

Can you speak Portuguese now dave ?

always could